MeridianLink

MeridianLink Interview Questions in Costa Mesa, CA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MeridianLink.

After submitting an application via my school's website, I was quickly contacted to schedule a phone interview. This mostly went over classes, grades, and questions about basic programming understanding, and lasted about 30 minutes. Next was an on-site interview that took 3 hours, meeting with 2 interviewers, who each gave me programming prompts to write out a solution on paper.

Interview Questions
    • After writing code for a fairly straightforward, the interviewer repeatedly asked for ways the performance could be improved as if it were on a large scale system. The first few ideas I had were easy, but after being asked for more ways the code could be optimized, I eventually came to a blank and had to admit that I couldn't think of a solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MeridianLink in November 2012.

Interview questions were generally easy covering sorting, searching, recursion etc. Also there were some theoretical questions like memory management. But they mainly do .Net, which I'm not familiar with.

Interview Questions
    • Prove the method you use in finding a cycle in linkedlist is correct   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MeridianLink in October 2012.

I applied through my college career portal and HR wrote me an email asking about my availability and location, and if I can do an out-of-pocket expense trip to their headquarter eventually for an on site interview.

The HR was slow in responding to my emails (sometimes took nearly a week to answer). They asked questions that could clearly be lumped into a single email, but instead chose to send me several different email question sessions in response to my answers to their previous questions. There was definitely a level of disorganization in their communication, where I couldn't even conduct the first phone screening until after nearly a month of this email exchange took place.

The first phone screen consisted of basic questions about interests, and at one point even had a mock-up of customer service where you are suppose to help the interviewer (acting as a computer-illiterate old man) printing something from his PC. The experience was odd to me as I have never had an interview liked that before.

The second round of interview consisted of a coding challenge without time limit but is a factor in evaluation of performance (estimated completion time was one hour). The prompt link was sent via email and I completed in roughly 2 days afterwards.

The third round of interview consisted of a timed logic-based 50-question test to be answered in 1 hour. The link was also given via email. The questions were rather difficult and the time allotted was clearly not enough for this test. I could only finish 46 questions with the time given, even though I rushing through a lot of the questions without checking my answers.

Roughly one week later, I was invited for the on site interview. The panel consisted of two engineers; they asked a few very short and somewhat simple logic puzzle questions, brainteasers and more advanced questions like sorting algorithm problems. They didn't seem to know what questions to ask me and were even debating between themselves during the interview about what should be asked. The on site only lasted about 45 minutes, which gave me an ominous feeling when I left. I didn't even get a chance to tour the facility or interact with anyone else from the company.

After the on site interview, I have never gotten anything in return ever since. The whole experience was rather strange and disorientating as the process was definitely on the lower end of being organized and structured.

Interview Questions
    • I'm going to pretend I am a computer illiterate person who is calling you for help with my printer. Please help my character troubleshoot his problems.   Answer Question