MeridianLink Interview Questions in Costa Mesa, CA

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.9

Document Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

The whole process took quite some time, I applied around early June as a recent graduate. I received an email about 2 weeks after requesting my transcripts. About a week after that I received another email a week later asking me to do an online assessment, it was just a cognitive abilities test. Sometime after that I received an email scheduling a phone interview, the phone interview itself was very simple and short. The interviewer just asked questions about my resume and asked to me answer situational questions about working with clients. It only lasted about 20 minutes. After I received an email, scheduling an in person interview. The in person interview lasted about an hour, the interviewer asked me to go through every bad grade on my transcript, and give an explanation as to why it happened. They saw I had some programming experience, so they asked my to do some minor coding in HTML and CSS. They also spent time describing the company and position.

Interview Questions

MeridianLink Response

Aug 14, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. Providing timely responses to candidates is a priority for us. We researched our timeliness for this position after seeing your comments, and found ... More

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

One phone intrerview and then an in person interview with two individuals. The phone interview was fully scripted. Basic questions for the most part asking about times I helped another, what was difficult about the last job etc. 2nd interview was kind of the same thing. Only one person asked the questions with the other interjecting maybe twice.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time outside of work you helped somebody?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview starts with sending an email problem that you return to them. If it worked out, goes to Phone Interview. Then, next is On-site Interview. Pretty straight forward but it may take time to process or move on to the next process. Try to follow up with them when necessary.

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter was pleasant and light. General questions were asked. I was then asked to do some online assessments. This took about an hour to complete. Apparently I passed as I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was with two people and it lasted about an hour. They covered all kinds of things I had done in previous jobs, asked for details about experience in specific areas, gave me scenarios and asked how I would respond to them. I felt comfortable the whole time.

Interview Questions

MeridianLink Response

Jul 20, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive feedback. :)

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through email posted on company website and received prompt response within a few days. Initial screening involved answering behavioral questions in written format, cognitive tests (online) and phone conversations with the corporate recruiter. An onsite interview was scheduled with hiring manager and CTO at the end, lasting about 2.5-3 hours. The onsite interview was the most challenging though quite interesting at the same time—offered plenty of chances to talk about past projects, company culture/team dynamics, toolbox of choice... as well as getting more insight of MeridianLink's flagship products. Apart from software design which is the company focus, be prepared to solve a few witty design scenarios on-the-go inspired by real life experiences. From HR to C-suite, everyone at MeridianLink was very accommodating throughout the interview process and the office seemed to be full of happy employees. While I ended up pursuing another opportunity in the end due to priority changes, I would be happy to recommend MeridianLink to fellow designers as a place to keep a constant eye on, especially if work-life balance and great team environment are on the top of your employment wishlist. — Extra note on application duration: since I was a foreign applicant, there was a one-week gap between the onsite interview and the last phone screen due to last-minute schedule changes on my end. (i.e. The process could have been shorter for native applicants)

Interview Questions

• Tell me your impression of the dashboard of this digital watch. How would you design/redesign it to enhance the overall user experience?   Answer Question

Industry choice, seniority of position and better skill match (e.g. design + localization strategy).

Mar 30, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your positive interviewing experience at MeridianLink! Thanks also for your kind words about our employees and managers. We're glad your experience was a good one.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application through a university website. I was sent an email with a technical question to solve. After completing the problem, I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview, and the interview was expected to last about an hour. However, I never reached the full hour because of the difficulty of the interview questions. The interviewer started by saying he would ask questions about my undergraduate coursework, but he decided to choose the courses that didn't even apply to the position. He asked about electromagnetism, linear algebra, and quantum physics, and afterwards he began asking more questions in the field of computer science such as how memory is handled in Java. I could already tell that the interviewer was just reading information and questions from a sheet of paper so it wasn't a very engaging interview.

Interview Questions

MeridianLink Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. We are especially interested in talented computer science majors for our software development engineer position, but leave the door ... More

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

After submitting an application via my school's website, I was quickly contacted to schedule a phone interview. This mostly went over classes, grades, and questions about basic programming understanding, and lasted about 30 minutes. Next was an on-site interview that took 3 hours, meeting with 2 interviewers, who each gave me programming prompts to write out a solution on paper.

Interview Questions

• After writing code for a fairly straightforward, the interviewer repeatedly asked for ways the performance could be improved as if it were on a large scale system. The first few ideas I had were easy, but after being asked for more ways the code could be optimized, I eventually came to a blank and had to admit that I couldn't think of a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview questions were generally easy covering sorting, searching, recursion etc. Also there were some theoretical questions like memory management. But they mainly do .Net, which I'm not familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Prove the method you use in finding a cycle in linkedlist is correct   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MeridianLink (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through my college career portal and HR wrote me an email asking about my availability and location, and if I can do an out-of-pocket expense trip to their headquarter eventually for an on site interview. The HR was slow in responding to my emails (sometimes took nearly a week to answer). They asked questions that could clearly be lumped into a single email, but instead chose to send me several different email question sessions in response to my answers to their previous questions. There was definitely a level of disorganization in their communication, where I couldn't even conduct the first phone screening until after nearly a month of this email exchange took place. The first phone screen consisted of basic questions about interests, and at one point even had a mock-up of customer service where you are suppose to help the interviewer (acting as a computer-illiterate old man) printing something from his PC. The experience was odd to me as I have never had an interview liked that before. The second round of interview consisted of a coding challenge without time limit but is a factor in evaluation of performance (estimated completion time was one hour). The prompt link was sent via email and I completed in roughly 2 days afterwards. The third round of interview consisted of a timed logic-based 50-question test to be answered in 1 hour. The link was also given via email. The questions were rather difficult and the time allotted was clearly not enough for this test. I could only finish 46 questions with the time given, even though I rushing through a lot of the questions without checking my answers. Roughly one week later, I was invited for the on site interview. The panel consisted of two engineers; they asked a few very short and somewhat simple logic puzzle questions, brainteasers and more advanced questions like sorting algorithm problems. They didn't seem to know what questions to ask me and were even debating between themselves during the interview about what should be asked. The on site only lasted about 45 minutes, which gave me an ominous feeling when I left. I didn't even get a chance to tour the facility or interact with anyone else from the company. After the on site interview, I have never gotten anything in return ever since. The whole experience was rather strange and disorientating as the process was definitely on the lower end of being organized and structured.

Interview Questions

• I'm going to pretend I am a computer illiterate person who is calling you for help with my printer. Please help my character troubleshoot his problems.   Answer Question