Merit Medical Systems Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2014
Updated May 20, 2014

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems.

I have noticed that resumes with Mormon mission/religious experiences get selected favorably. So feel free to throw on your mission details on there. The management is all morman and would love to get some more LDS faithfuls in the department.

Interview Questions
    • Just same old classic behavorial questions. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Assembler II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems in March 2014.

I applied through the website and was contacted via email to fill out some forms online - received a call for an interview 2 days later. Very professional and organized process. Took a reading/literacy test (25 questions), spent an hour being told about how the clean room works, then moved on to an initial interview in which I also took a manual dexterity test (pegboard and tiny parts). Was offered a second interview later that day with the hiring manager and the supervisor whom I would be working directly under. Was offered the job at the end of the interview. Entire process was less than two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you have had to work with/manage someone who was rude and unresponsive to you. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems in February 2014.

Professional, organized interview process. Phone screen with basic questions, then assistant set up the first interviews. Panel type interview with key stakeholders and employees who are doing the job. Most questions were off-the-cuff based on what they read on the resume. No really difficult questions in round 1. Second round of interviews after candidate pool had been cut down to 2 or 3 individuals was more direct to the position and was another panel interview setting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you have dealt with a contract proposal and the result.   View Answer

Engineering Technician IV Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems.

I applied through the website and it took about a month before they contacted me for an interview. I first had an interview with the V.P. of manufacturing which was very technical. A lot of questions about electronics and programming. The second interview was with a manufacturing engineer and it was more typical. Mostly questions about hobbies, experience, hypothetical situations, future plans, and personal information.

Interview Questions
    • had to draw some simple circuits and write down expected voltages and current.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems in May 2009.

3 face to face. typical behavior questions. tell me about a time... walking through resume.

Interview Questions
    • nothing especially difficult. typical sales interview questions. trying to uncover your work eithic and sales skills. what motivates you. why you have made the career changes. ect..   Answer Question
    no negotation. salary and commission is set.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems in April 2013.

It was a bit odd as I was initially turned down, then received an email a month later asking if I was still interested, then I had a phone interview first that was mostly selling me on the position, then an in person one where I met with two individuals in the department separately, one of which had your typical interview experience and the other trying to convince me to come work there, and then someone from HR to explain their benefits and ask some HR related questions. That lasted about two and a half hours. I then interviewed one final time with the VP, which only lasted about a half hour and was fairly simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was definitely what type of phone I use, but most of the questions were extremely standard and expected.   Answer Question
    They gave such a generous and good offer that I felt no need to negotiate - they were extremely fair and good in the process, listened to my needs and made an offer according to what I had stated, including relocation expenses.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems in April 2010.

Interviewing was complex and took a long time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation--don't even try, it offends them.

RA Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Merit Medical Systems in December 2009.

I did not know which box to check about outcome. I was told by the Director of Regulatory that I would receive an offer. Great! I was then EMAILED a standard "sorry you didn't get the job" letter from HR. After questioning the HR guy, he agreed I should not have been told that and said he was "sorry". This job required a 2,000 mile move which my family and I had started planning for. Bottom line, this company lies (I even have it in writing) and doesn't care.

Interview Questions
    • What was the device that you are most proud to have worked on and why.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where your boss tells you something that you don't agree with.   Answer Question

Worked for Merit Medical Systems? Contribute to the Community!