Meritage Homes

2.8

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Meritage Homes.

Very thorough and detailed. Management seems to have it right . Explained the Mission Statement and its core values.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example where you have had a time sensitive challenge or deadline , and how you dealt with it ?   Answer Question

Key Manager At Division Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meritage Homes in March 2014.

I applied through a referral and interviewed at Meritage Homes. Local management was great and had straight forward questioning. Just wanted to know your qualifications and see if you would fit in on the team. The regional corporate level is where things went south. The interview was more about who you knew as opposed to what you knew. They then lacked follow up and communication.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, just background.   View Answer

Forward Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meritage Homes in March 2014.

Straight forward questioning. Just wanted to know your qualifications.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritage Homes.

Was contacted by a recruiter for Meritage Homes to gauge my interest in the positions and completed an initial phone screen during the initial call. Later that day I was contacted by someone in the HR department to come in to the San Antonio office that week for an hour long face-to-face interview with the regional VP. About a week after that interview I was contacted again by someone in HR and was asked to drive up to home office in Austin, TX to meet with various people in their finance and accounting departments via an all-day panel interview process. Was contacted a week later by the regional VP and asked to meet for lunch, at which point I was told that they thought I was a good fit for the job and that I would be receiving a job offer but it would take some time for HR to process the offer letter. After not hearing anything for over a month I contacted the recruiter to see if there were any issues, at which point I was told that during the interview process I asked too many "tough questions" that made them feel as though I wasn't confident in the company's future success and that they had decided to interview other candidates.

Questions such as: "In your view, what effect will rising interest rates have on your company's growth strategy going forward?" or "With new home mortgage applications at a low point versus historical averages, what is your company's approach to attracting new homebuyers to drive revenue?" are apparently not acceptable questions to ask in an interview to be a financial analyst at Meritage Homes.

Interview Questions
    • The interview wasn't particularly difficult. Discussed my finance background, education, etc. and how I could apply that to this job.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritage Homes in June 2013.

I applied online and was called about a week later about setting up a phone interview for a job. I went through a first phone interview with a company recruiter a few days later and it went very well, lasted about 20 minutes and he only asked me very basic questions. Set up a second interview in person, and about a week later went to their Houston office to interview with someone in the department of the job I was applying for. The interview was basically the same, it only lasted 20 minutes and he just asked me very basic questions. It seemed that I was a good candidate for the job and he told me his boss would want to speak with me soon because they would make a choice on their candidate within a week. During this interview I was also told the salary for the position was 36-40K, which seemed high to me for a position that didn't require a college degree. (I do have a degree and as a new college grad with 2 yrs. experience, I was just hoping for 36K, so I was happy.) A few days later he did call and we had a phone interview that day, but the interview was again very basic. He said they'd want to speak with me further, but I was never called again as promised. Unfortunately when I emailed the manager to ask him about it, I got a generic email saying they'd filled the position. I wasn't really disappointed at that point due to the lack of communication and the way they shuffled me around to different people to be interviewed, but didn't give me any answers on the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Meritage Homes in May 2013.

The process was very informal. There was a job posting at my university to which I replied. I spoke at length with the recruitment department, and then had an interview with my area sales manager. We talked about my education, experience in the industry, certifications, etc... I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How do you determine which product best suits the customer?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meritage Homes.

Went through a initial phone interview with the human resource director. 2 days later, had another phone interview with the department manager. But interviewers were extremely professional, called exactly on the hour the call was scheduled, polite, and asked relevent questions. The questions were about specifics to the job and also about soft skills such as how one would handle a conflict at work. Next step, hopefully I will get there, will be an in-person interview with the department head. Overall, a professional and reliable company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I think this company mostly is concentraiting on core competencies and the potential talent of individuals than specific skills, which is very refreshing.   Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritage Homes in December 2012.

The process was very quick and direct. About 2 weeks after I applied for the job, I was contacted by the corporate recruiter to schedule a phone interview. A few days after that I had a phone interview with he corporate recruiter. I was almost immediately scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring managers. After about a week I was offered the position. The process was very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers did not play mind games, they simply asked questions that pertained to the job. I was asked alot of situational questions like "What would you do in this situation." The questions all were job related and since I had experience in the position already, they were not difficult to answer. I definitly could not have faked my way through the interview though. The questions were very specific to the job and to the local market. There would have been no way to fake the answers and be successful in the interview. I really had to know what I was talking about.   Answer Question
    I was made an offer via email. I called the recruiter and countered once. The hiring managers accepted and I accepted the offer the same day.

Talent Acquisitions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritage Homes.

Had an initial phone interview. Then called in for an in-person interview at the local divisional office. There I met with the human resources person. After that I was brought back in for an in person interview at the same local divisional office. I met with a Director on my 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you use social media? Why don't you use "Twitter" more as a resource?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Meritage Homes in December 2011.

Call came from Talent Acquisition Recruiter. Asked the following questions:

1) Tell me about your last sales experience.

2) How long have you worked in real estate?

3) Why should we choose you?