Meritor Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Updated May 5, 2015

2.9

Financial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meritor (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 employees, asked some basic behavioral questions, then got into some more technical questions, including how to make a DCF and how you would cost a product they made. Seemed a little esoteric, meaning it seemed like they expected you to know more about the automotive/defense industry to answer some of the questions. Interviewers weren't too personable either, seemed a little stiff.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to complete a secondary application form with behavioral paragraph questions. An engineering manager scheduled an interview with me, and I interviewed with two managers. The questions were mainly basic background questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• I see that you have community service on your resume. Tell me more about that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial on campus interview with two mangers from different areas of Finance Treasury & Operations. I was then invited for an office visit at the Troy, MI headquarters where there was an overview tour, group project, 3 panel interview and lunch. There were 9 candidates competing for 2 positions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a process quickly. What are discounted cash flows. How does a company deal with currency exchange. All behavior based except for technical questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Had a short phone screen 2 weeks after I submitted my resume online. Face to face was about a week after phone screen. It was the panel interview where I was asked the usual "tell us about the time when you ..." I received a thank you letter saying that they are considering another candidate "who better match their requirements". Disappointing but I sort of already knew that the position was too junior for me.

Interview Questions

• I knew the interviewer spaced out because she asked the same question twice! And that was during the first 5 minutes of the interview. Either that or she already made up her mind I will not be the one.   Answer Question

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very basic with no tough questions. Then I was asked to come in for an interview 2 weeks later. I was in a room with a purchasing manager, whom I would be reporting to, as well as the leader of the Purchasing Co-Op development program.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you demonstrated leadership in a group setting.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you improved a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all. The hourly rate that they offered was above my expectation.

Co-Op Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

3 Interviews - First one was a 30 minute 1 on 1 with a manager, second one was on the same day and followed the first interview, another 30 minute 1 on 1 with a different manager. Last interview was a 5-panel interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

I had applied for the position through my school's career center. I had a first round interview a few weeks later. The first round interview was on campus and it was with two employees. The two employees were rather young and new to the company which I found surprising. The first round was a breeze. They asked the typical behavioral questions. The second round interview took place approximately 3 weeks later at the headquarters in Troy,MI. There were about 60 candidates there for the ELDP, but not all for the supply chain program. There was a group assessment in which I had to work with 5 other candidates to solve a problem. The problem was about where to place a new production facility. The second part of the interview was a panel interview with 3 very skilled purchasing managers. It was extremely intimidating because of all of the follow-up questions regarding purchasing. They were asking me questions that only an existing purchasing employee would know. I had only entertained as a purchasing intern once therefore I was still learning the process. I felt as if that was the worst interview I had ever had in my life. I walked out knowing I was not getting the position.

Interview Questions

• "When was a time that you improved a difficult process?"   Answer Question

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Meet with 5 different individuals that all have different ways to ask questions. They didn't offer much insight on what they were looking for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

I had 5 straight back to back half hour interviews. The people were very nice but I got the vibe that people didn't enjoy working there. Everyone spoke about how great their co-workers were but were monotone and I didn't really believe them. Most of the interviews were exactly the same and I was asked the same questions more than once. Felt the interview format was strange.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions. Why Arvin? Explain times you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

Separate individual interviews during four to six week with new management.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable: I was already hand picked for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Final proposal came from CEO