Meritor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Meritor in May 2010.

Interview Details – Separate individual interviews during four to six week with new management.

Interview Question – Not applicable: I was already hand picked for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Final proposal came from CEO

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Finance Interview

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Finance
Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meritor in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial on campus interview with two mangers from different areas of Finance Treasury & Operations. I was then invited for an office visit at the Troy, MI headquarters where there was an overview tour, group project, 3 panel interview and lunch. There were 9 candidates competing for 2 positions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to learn a process quickly.
What are discounted cash flows.
How does a company deal with currency exchange.
All behavior based except for technical questions.
  Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meritor in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had a short phone screen 2 weeks after I submitted my resume online. Face to face was about a week after phone screen. It was the panel interview where I was asked the usual "tell us about the time when you ..." I received a thank you letter saying that they are considering another candidate "who better match their requirements". Disappointing but I sort of already knew that the position was too junior for me.

Interview Question – I knew the interviewer spaced out because she asked the same question twice! And that was during the first 5 minutes of the interview. Either that or she already made up her mind I will not be the one.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Supply Chain Interview

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Supply Chain
Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meritor in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied for the position through my school's career center. I had a first round interview a few weeks later. The first round interview was on campus and it was with two employees. The two employees were rather young and new to the company which I found surprising. The first round was a breeze. They asked the typical behavioral questions. The second round interview took place approximately 3 weeks later at the headquarters in Troy,MI. There were about 60 candidates there for the ELDP, but not all for the supply chain program. There was a group assessment in which I had to work with 5 other candidates to solve a problem. The problem was about where to place a new production facility. The second part of the interview was a panel interview with 3 very skilled purchasing managers. It was extremely intimidating because of all of the follow-up questions regarding purchasing. They were asking me questions that only an existing purchasing employee would know. I had only entertained as a purchasing intern once therefore I was still learning the process. I felt as if that was the worst interview I had ever had in my life. I walked out knowing I was not getting the position.

Interview Question – "When was a time that you improved a difficult process?"   Answer Question

Senior Product Designer Interview

Senior Product Designer
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meritor in May 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with 5 different individuals that all have different ways to ask questions.
They didn't offer much insight on what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Meritor in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had 5 straight back to back half hour interviews. The people were very nice but I got the vibe that people didn't enjoy working there. Everyone spoke about how great their co-workers were but were monotone and I didn't really believe them. Most of the interviews were exactly the same and I was asked the same questions more than once. Felt the interview format was strange.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions. Why Arvin? Explain times you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Troy, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Meritor in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process for this position consisted of an individual meeting with 4 engineering directors and the vp of engineering. Each director oversaw different functions in engineering, and they were to interview several candidates and fight amonst themselves for the best ones. Some of the directors asked to have problems worked. There is a box on the back of this truck. The truck is decelerating. How fast can the truck decelerate before the box slides? Only response required was use F=MA and the force of deceleration cannot be greater than the force of friction on the bottom of the box.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked for a range of salary we would accept. Then they offer $1,000 below your range.

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Meritor in August 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter called, sent my resume, two managers called me to discuss my experience and explain the job to me. The people were laid back, the offices are cubicles with glass walls so there is no privacy. The work culture is very laid back here. There is no remote working, except for employees, so that makes it a little difficult. If I were local, I believe there would have been an in person interview. Because of trying to save money, no one wanted to bring an out of towner in for a face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – my rate has been decreased 3 times because of the economy. The rate is all inclusive.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Meritor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meritor interview questions and advice in Detroit, MI. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meritor employees and interview candidates.