Meritor Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2014

2.9

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritor in October 2013.

Initial on campus interview with two mangers from different areas of Finance Treasury & Operations. I was then invited for an office visit at the Troy, MI headquarters where there was an overview tour, group project, 3 panel interview and lunch. There were 9 candidates competing for 2 positions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to learn a process quickly.
      What are discounted cash flows.
      How does a company deal with currency exchange.
      All behavior based except for technical questions.
        Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritor in November 2012.

Had a short phone screen 2 weeks after I submitted my resume online. Face to face was about a week after phone screen. It was the panel interview where I was asked the usual "tell us about the time when you ..." I received a thank you letter saying that they are considering another candidate "who better match their requirements". Disappointing but I sort of already knew that the position was too junior for me.

Interview Questions
    • I knew the interviewer spaced out because she asked the same question twice! And that was during the first 5 minutes of the interview. Either that or she already made up her mind I will not be the one.   Answer Question

Emerging Leadership Development Program-Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritor in November 2011.

I had applied for the position through my school's career center. I had a first round interview a few weeks later. The first round interview was on campus and it was with two employees. The two employees were rather young and new to the company which I found surprising. The first round was a breeze. They asked the typical behavioral questions. The second round interview took place approximately 3 weeks later at the headquarters in Troy,MI. There were about 60 candidates there for the ELDP, but not all for the supply chain program. There was a group assessment in which I had to work with 5 other candidates to solve a problem. The problem was about where to place a new production facility. The second part of the interview was a panel interview with 3 very skilled purchasing managers. It was extremely intimidating because of all of the follow-up questions regarding purchasing. They were asking me questions that only an existing purchasing employee would know. I had only entertained as a purchasing intern once therefore I was still learning the process. I felt as if that was the worst interview I had ever had in my life. I walked out knowing I was not getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • "When was a time that you improved a difficult process?"   Answer Question

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meritor in May 2011.

Meet with 5 different individuals that all have different ways to ask questions.
    They didn't offer much insight on what they were looking for.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meritor in April 2011.

They were not very professional. I interviewed through my university, and there multiple people interviewing that I knew. They did not have the professionalism to give any of the applicants that had interviewed a notice that they were not chosen. The person interviewing me belched multiple times as well, and instead of excusing himself, he chuckled and continued on.

Interview Questions
    • If you could relive the last 10 years of your life, what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meritor in July 2010.

I had 5 straight back to back half hour interviews. The people were very nice but I got the vibe that people didn't enjoy working there. Everyone spoke about how great their co-workers were but were monotone and I didn't really believe them. Most of the interviews were exactly the same and I was asked the same questions more than once. Felt the interview format was strange.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. Why Arvin? Explain times you showed leadership.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Meritor in May 2010.

Separate individual interviews during four to six week with new management.

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable: I was already hand picked for the position   Answer Question
    Final proposal came from CEO

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maxton, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maxton, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Meritor in February 2010.

Phone, then personal

They made a good offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meritor in August 2008.

Recruiter called, sent my resume, two managers called me to discuss my experience and explain the job to me. The people were laid back, the offices are cubicles with glass walls so there is no privacy. The work culture is very laid back here. There is no remote working, except for employees, so that makes it a little difficult. If I were local, I believe there would have been an in person interview. Because of trying to save money, no one wanted to bring an out of towner in for a face to face.

Interview Questions
    my rate has been decreased 3 times because of the economy. The rate is all inclusive.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Meritor in January 2008.

The interview process for this position consisted of an individual meeting with 4 engineering directors and the vp of engineering. Each director oversaw different functions in engineering, and they were to interview several candidates and fight amonst themselves for the best ones. Some of the directors asked to have problems worked. There is a box on the back of this truck. The truck is decelerating. How fast can the truck decelerate before the box slides? Only response required was use F=MA and the force of deceleration cannot be greater than the force of friction on the bottom of the box.

Interview Questions
    They asked for a range of salary we would accept. Then they offer $1,000 below your range.