Meritor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Safety Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Meritor (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone, and in person. I even had a secondary interview where I learned more about the employer. The people I spoke with were friendly, and very informative.

Interview Questions

• How confident do you feel about stepping into the role we've discussed? Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Distribution Specialist Interview

Interview

They asked the normal questions any job would ask. what is your weakness, strength? Are able to life a certain pound. Also you have to take test to prove your basic math skills.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation but you were paid differently by the shift difference.

Financial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meritor (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 employees, asked some basic behavioral questions, then got into some more technical questions, including how to make a DCF and how you would cost a product they made. Seemed a little esoteric, meaning it seemed like they expected you to know more about the automotive/defense industry to answer some of the questions. Interviewers weren't too personable either, seemed a little stiff.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to complete a secondary application form with behavioral paragraph questions. An engineering manager scheduled an interview with me, and I interviewed with two managers. The questions were mainly basic background questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• I see that you have community service on your resume. Tell me more about that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial on campus interview with two mangers from different areas of Finance Treasury & Operations. I was then invited for an office visit at the Troy, MI headquarters where there was an overview tour, group project, 3 panel interview and lunch. There were 9 candidates competing for 2 positions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a process quickly.
      What are discounted cash flows.
      How does a company deal with currency exchange.
      All behavior based except for technical questions.

Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Had a short phone screen 2 weeks after I submitted my resume online. Face to face was about a week after phone screen. It was the panel interview where I was asked the usual "tell us about the time when you ..." I received a thank you letter saying that they are considering another candidate "who better match their requirements". Disappointing but I sort of already knew that the position was too junior for me.

Interview Questions

• I knew the interviewer spaced out because she asked the same question twice! And that was during the first 5 minutes of the interview. Either that or she already made up her mind I will not be the one.   Answer Question

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

The initial phone interview was very basic with no tough questions. Then I was asked to come in for an interview 2 weeks later. I was in a room with a purchasing manager, whom I would be reporting to, as well as the leader of the Purchasing Co-Op development program.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you demonstrated leadership in a group setting.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you improved a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all. The hourly rate that they offered was above my expectation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

I had applied for the position through my school's career center. I had a first round interview a few weeks later. The first round interview was on campus and it was with two employees. The two employees were rather young and new to the company which I found surprising. The first round was a breeze. They asked the typical behavioral questions. The second round interview took place approximately 3 weeks later at the headquarters in Troy,MI. There were about 60 candidates there for the ELDP, but not all for the supply chain program. There was a group assessment in which I had to work with 5 other candidates to solve a problem. The problem was about where to place a new production facility. The second part of the interview was a panel interview with 3 very skilled purchasing managers. It was extremely intimidating because of all of the follow-up questions regarding purchasing. They were asking me questions that only an existing purchasing employee would know. I had only entertained as a purchasing intern once therefore I was still learning the process. I felt as if that was the worst interview I had ever had in my life. I walked out knowing I was not getting the position.

Interview Questions

• "When was a time that you improved a difficult process?"   Answer Question

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meritor (Troy, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Meet with 5 different individuals that all have different ways to ask questions.
    They didn't offer much insight on what they were looking for.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meritor (Florence, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

They were not very professional. I interviewed through my university, and there multiple people interviewing that I knew. They did not have the professionalism to give any of the applicants that had interviewed a notice that they were not chosen. The person interviewing me belched multiple times as well, and instead of excusing himself, he chuckled and continued on.

Interview Questions

• If you could relive the last 10 years of your life, what would you do differently?   Answer Question