Merkle

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Account Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merkle in May 2009.

I found the position through LinkedIn, via a Merkle recruiter. I actually was asking about another position, but the recruiter told me about this position and thought I had a great background and experience set for it. She was a Merkle employee, but dedicated to talent recruitment.

I interviewed over the phone with her. As a follow-up, I also interviewed with a VP over the phone who said she was recommending me for an on-site interview. After a week, I hadn't heard back and contacted the recruiter who informed me they were pursuing others instead of me.

I get that they may want to pursue others, but I can't believe the VP recommended I move to the next step, then no one calls me to tell me that's not the case? It also took two messages with the recruiter to finally get her to call me back. They were really going after me at first, then decided I wasn't good enough for a call back.

I have to look at it this way..."someone" was telling me this wasn't the place for me.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most difficult account or client and why?   View Answer