Merkle

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Director Interview

Account Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merkle in May 2009.

Interview Details – I found the position through LinkedIn, via a Merkle recruiter. I actually was asking about another position, but the recruiter told me about this position and thought I had a great background and experience set for it. She was a Merkle employee, but dedicated to talent recruitment.

I interviewed over the phone with her. As a follow-up, I also interviewed with a VP over the phone who said she was recommending me for an on-site interview. After a week, I hadn't heard back and contacted the recruiter who informed me they were pursuing others instead of me.

I get that they may want to pursue others, but I can't believe the VP recommended I move to the next step, then no one calls me to tell me that's not the case? It also took two messages with the recruiter to finally get her to call me back. They were really going after me at first, then decided I wasn't good enough for a call back.

I have to look at it this way..."someone" was telling me this wasn't the place for me.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult account or client and why?   View Answer

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!