Merkle

4.0

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merkle in August 2010.

Merkle does tw phone screens and then a full day onsite interview. it is a stringent process but ensures both fit for skills and culture. Be prepared for all types of questions and interviewing with lots of levels of individuals (both peer and supervisor). Merkle hires very limited entry level and it is best if you know someone within the organization to clear a path for you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merkle in May 2009.

After sending a resume and cover via email, I went through a phone interview. The hiring manager gave me the run-down of the interview process, telling me I would have to meet with anywhere from 6-14 people, then give a presentation. It wasn't until later that I found out they wanted me to present for 45 minutes, which seemed somewhat excessive at the time.

I was at their office for roughly 4 hours. Did my interviews, gave my presentation and left, with the promise that I'd hear something within a week. Unfortunately, even after shooting the hiring manager a follow-up email and phone call, I never heard back. Additionally, they never offered to validate parking, so I wound up paying to attend the interview.

Overall, I was impressed with the company. The organization seemed well thought-out, and the work environment seemed very fun. A young, hip, dotcom-ish crowd make up the employee base, and they seem to enjoy working there. The company also offers a number of incentives to its employees, all of which seem very appealing (and gave me the impression of a fun company culture).

Unfortunately, the whole experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Given how much preparation and time they expected each candidate to put into the interview, I was surprised to not even receive the common courtesy of a polite 'No thank you' when I followed up.

Interview Questions
    • I'm having trouble remembering specific questions, especially since the interview consisted of so many stakeholders. One standard question: 'What would you do if confronted with a difficult client who wanted to make a last-minute change after the deadline had passed?'   Answer Question