Merkle Interview Questions in Columbia, MD

Updated Jun 11, 2015

3.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

360 degree interview process. Very thorough interview process. Many facets of the company was involved with the interview. I was expected to make a presentation about my experience which was very interesting. Afterwards there was a question and Answer segment.

Interview Questions

• Very thorough interview process. Many facets of the company was involved with the interview. I was expected to make a presentation about my experience which was very interesting. Afterwards there was a question and Answer segment.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Very well organized. The scheduled was quickly set up and they were very quick from start to offer. The offer process was very organized. Overall, a very good process.

Interview Questions

• You are moving from a larger company to a smaller one - why the change?   Answer Question

Merkle Response

Apr 30, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

We're certain that as an HR professional you know a thing or two about interview processes and we are happy to hear this was a good experience for you. Welcome to the team!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position posted on Merkle's website in late December and was contacted via email to setup a phone screen in January. Phone screen was with the supervisor of the position and went well. She told me that HR would email me to setup an interview. At the end of the call, she mentioned the presentation that is required during the interview process. HR contacted me asking for dates I was available. They setup the interview for late February due to month end close and the on-going year end audit. I interviewed with 2 employees who would be direct reports to the position, a peer and the supervisor who was a Director. I was to interview with the VP/Controller but she was travelling on business. They allotted a 1/2 hour with each person. We were able to go over since the VP would not be interviewing me. I found that even with 40-45 minutes I did not have as much time as I would have liked with each person. Everyone seemed thoroughly enthusiastic and praised Merkle. The Director conducted her interview over lunch and then I gave my presentation. HR emailed me that day to come back the following week for an interview with the VP during lunch. She escorted me to the Director afterwards where I could ask additional questions. The Director stated she would get back to me either that day or the next. She called the next day to offer me the job and I accepted. Overall, the process was very organized and they made the decision quickly.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions. They asked a lot of questions so you really need to know yourself and what you bring to the table. I understood the position and what I would be doing so I could focus on those aspects of my experience when discussing the benefits of hiring me. The hardest part for me was the presentation. As an Accountant, I am used to presenting numbers to people who have a vested interest in the company. I did not think these people would be interested in numbers for another company. I chose a leadership topic involving mentoring employees and managing the project. It seemed to do the trick.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary. The offer was well worth the transition.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

Ebullient phone screen followed by several telephone interviews, an onsite session of face to face interviews over one day, a business case presentation and a follow up caucus of interviewers regarding the candidate. A fair amount of disinformation is shared during this process to get you excited about the "special culture" Merkle offers to its employees.

Interview Questions

• Curve ball questions are typically thrown at you regarding how you dealt with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero flexibility (and a fair amount of misrepresentation).

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I had an initial phone conversation with a recruiter and then an in-person meeting with my boss and one of his direct reports. The final round of interviews was with the leadership I would be interacting with during my job, peers, subordinates, and my boss again. The last part of the interview was a presentation - they ask that everyone creates and presents a project that is relevant to the job you are interviewing for and how it is applicable. Overall, I had a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve this process to make the team more effective?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Talked with recruiter about salary and negotiated offer with my boss.

IT Specialist/NOC Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone call. During this phone call, the interview asked a multiple number of technical questions varying in degrees of difficulty over a wide range of technologies (active directory, exchange, linux, etc). It was a bit off setting, but if you stick with what you know, you should be good. After that came the group interview. This is not as intense as the phone interview. You are in a room with several people from different technical groups. They ask your standard behavior questions and try to get to know you, once that is done they ask about your previous technical experiences. Once done with that, you present your presentation about a past project you worked on (the presentation had to be no more than 10 minutes). The hiring process did take about three weeks before an official offer was made. Also the role name and responsibilities did change once the offer was made. Originally the position was suppose to be in system administration, but it changed to include end user support and call center operations as well.

Interview Questions

• Personally there weren't any difficult questions. If you know your technologies and are open with what you don not know, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Lead Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Very professional process and very very organised interviews. I was amazed to see everybody in the Panel that interviewed me was there at the Presentation and asking questions very keenly. It was very interactive session

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty decent offer and negotiation was also considered and accepted to a certain level

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Very fast interview process. I heard from them a few days after sending my resume, interviewed the following day by phone, and had on-site interviews a few days later, and by the end of that week, they called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• No unusual questions. Interviewed with 6 different people, and each one mainly wanted to find out if I'd be a "fit" for the company. I didn't feel like any of them tried to stump me with difficult questions.   Answer Question

Director IT Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

Very long process often resulting in loss of candidate to competitor. 1. Phone Screen - 30 minutes 2. Face to face "Coffee Talk" with 1 -3 managers - 30-60 minutes 3. Group interview - you will be interviewed by a group of 8-12 people (peers, managers, subordinates, etc.) - 90-120 minutes. You must present on a project that demonstrates a significant accomplishment (8-12 slides). The time between these 3 steps is days to weeks. Staff is stretched and deal with constant issues. The group interview is difficult to schedule (it's hard to find a time when 8-10 people have a 2 hour window). Depending on who shows for the group interview, they can be very thorough. If you listed something on your resume, you better be able to speak to it.

Interview Questions

• It would not be fair to the company to reveal their most difficult or unexpected question. This question is asked to gauge a reaction and assess several apects of the candidate (creative thinking, engineering mindset, quick on your feet, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very negotiable, the VP of IT usually handles this and he is very focused on value and potential.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

Started with a HR phone screen and 3 phone interviews with the team. Then they brought you on an on-site interview, which comprises of a project review (45 mins), 5 1:1 interviews and a SAS/SQL test.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions and deep dive into some projects you've done. Be well prepared!   1 Answer