Merkle

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merkle.

Interview Details – I was submitted by a recruiting agency for a copyeditor position in Merkle's King of Prussia office. Despite being told the need to fill the role in the editing department was urgent, the interview process (two phone screens, a lengthy proofreading test, and an in-person meeting with people I'd be working with) seemed very protracted. Though I wasn't subjected to Merkle's infamous panel interview and presentation, the interview with the potential colleagues was nervewracking.

I will say that the people I interviewed with were, to a man, very candid about the amount of work in the position and that the hours are long.

Interview Question – Even if you're submitted by an agency or a recruiter, have an answer for the question "Why Merkle?"   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Merkle in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 initial phone screens with the Hiring Managers of the position before they brought me in for an onsite interview. The process took about a week. I met with their team of 5 copywriters for general Q&A and took a proofreading test to conclude the interview. Received feedback immediately that I was their leading candidate. The Hiring Manager told me this for 6 weeks before offering me a contractor position instead of the fulltime position I interviewed for. I had to politely decline.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question - Are you willing to work 60 hour weeks?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not willing to take a contractor position.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Merkle in March 2008.

Interview Details – Be prepared to apply and interview over a period of about 6 weeks.

Interview Question – Will you be okay working day in/day out only working on email?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merkle

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merkle Copywriter interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Merkle employees and interview candidates.