Merkle

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merkle.

As others have said -- run from this unprofessional place.

2 phone interview followed by an onsite interview with a handful of people. Onsite interview included a presentation to the group as others have mentioned in their posts. Very few questions asked during the preso.

It was surprising that the hiring manager wasn't at the onsite and the planned video conf was cancelled. Strangest part was the interview ending with a discussion with person who would have been a subordinate. A person, I might add, who had a chip on their shoulder from the word hello. No final discussion with HR -- the day just ended. Not even a call from HR that day or the next.

Strung along for weeks only to hear they hired a friend of an employee. It is unprofessional to waste a qualified candidate's time when you're planning to hire someone's buddy.

Truthfully, I dodged a bullet here and am in a better position. Beware this hollow chocolate bunny.

Interview Questions
  • No memorable questions. Just kept hearing how my experience made me ideal for the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merkle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merkle.

multiple phone interviews and then rigorous in-person interviews with presentation

Interview Questions
    negotiated for higher salary than offered

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Merkle.

Pretty thorough interview process, starts with two people that phone screen after hiring manager or recrutier find the person fit. This is followed by a 5 person interview and a presentation that each person needs to give.

Interview Questions
    Reasonable as hiring manager was understanding. On salary side negotiations depend on how much you are needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merkle in December 2012.

Ebullient phone screen followed by several telephone interviews, an onsite session of face to face interviews over one day, a business case presentation and a follow up caucus of interviewers regarding the candidate. A fair amount of disinformation is shared during this process to get you excited about the "special culture" Merkle offers to its employees.

Interview Questions
    • Curve ball questions are typically thrown at you regarding how you dealt with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question
    Zero flexibility (and a fair amount of misrepresentation).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merkle in September 2012.

The interview process is very precise - multiple phone interviews followed by an in person interview during which you will meet at least 5 individuals and you will also be expected to give a presentation. After the interview the group meets to discuss their experience with you - they decide 1) if you're a good fit for Merkle, and 2) if you're a good fit for the actual position. If they decide that the answer to 1 is yes, but the answer to 2 is no, then they may offer you a different job.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly didn't think any of their question were difficult, or unexpected.   Answer Question
    They offered me a job other than the one I was interested in; the "new" job did not have the same benefits as the original. The end result was that I accepted the job, with a lower salary than I was looking for, with no bonus potential (first time in 10 years for me) and ended up a fairly unhappy employee. Don't settle - when they tell you that you will have an opportunity to grow quickly they are not being truthful.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merkle.

Series of phone interviews and then brought in for a full day of in-person interviews and presentation (project review)

easy

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Merkle in May 2010.

Following an initial conversation with the recruiter (during which I probed to discover what type of candidates were succesful), I was scheduled for a telephone interview with the head of Sales. A second interview was scheduled with the vertical manager. I was invited to come into the headquarters office for a day of six personal interviews that included a group presentation.

Whilte the process was quite lengthy, I found it to be fair. It would have been helpful to get an early, clear idea of what was expected to be included in the personal interview.

At Merkle, each of the people with whom you interview are given a thumbs-up/thumbs down vote. If you receive two thumbs down, you are immediately rejected from further consideration.

Lastly, while the person responsible for hiring promised a debrief at the end of the process, he did not honor this commitment.

Interview Questions
    • Are you better at strategy or applications?   View Answer
    • Give specific examples of ways in which the sales process led to a positive outcome.   View Answer