Merkle

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marlborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merkle in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is very precise - multiple phone interviews followed by an in person interview during which you will meet at least 5 individuals and you will also be expected to give a presentation. After the interview the group meets to discuss their experience with you - they decide 1) if you're a good fit for Merkle, and 2) if you're a good fit for the actual position. If they decide that the answer to 1 is yes, but the answer to 2 is no, then they may offer you a different job.

Interview Question – I honestly didn't think any of their question were difficult, or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a job other than the one I was interested in; the "new" job did not have the same benefits as the original. The end result was that I accepted the job, with a lower salary than I was looking for, with no bonus potential (first time in 10 years for me) and ended up a fairly unhappy employee. Don't settle - when they tell you that you will have an opportunity to grow quickly they are not being truthful.

Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Merkle in December 2012.

Interview Details – Ebullient phone screen followed by several telephone interviews, an onsite session of face to face interviews over one day, a business case presentation and a follow up caucus of interviewers regarding the candidate. A fair amount of disinformation is shared during this process to get you excited about the "special culture" Merkle offers to its employees.

Interview Question – Curve ball questions are typically thrown at you regarding how you dealt with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero flexibility (and a fair amount of misrepresentation).

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merkle.

Interview Details – multiple phone interviews and then rigorous in-person interviews with presentation

Interview Question – why do you want this job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated for higher salary than offered

Director

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Merkle.

Interview Details – Pretty thorough interview process, starts with two people that phone screen after hiring manager or recrutier find the person fit. This is followed by a 5 person interview and a presentation that each person needs to give.

Interview Question – What if CEO stopped you and asked you...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable as hiring manager was understanding. On salary side negotiations depend on how much you are needed.

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merkle.

Interview Details – Series of phone interviews and then brought in for a full day of in-person interviews and presentation (project review)

Interview Question – specifics around data processing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Merkle in May 2010.

Interview Details – Following an initial conversation with the recruiter (during which I probed to discover what type of candidates were succesful), I was scheduled for a telephone interview with the head of Sales. A second interview was scheduled with the vertical manager. I was invited to come into the headquarters office for a day of six personal interviews that included a group presentation.

Whilte the process was quite lengthy, I found it to be fair. It would have been helpful to get an early, clear idea of what was expected to be included in the personal interview.

At Merkle, each of the people with whom you interview are given a thumbs-up/thumbs down vote. If you receive two thumbs down, you are immediately rejected from further consideration.

Lastly, while the person responsible for hiring promised a debrief at the end of the process, he did not honor this commitment.

Interview Questions

• Are you better at strategy or applications?   View Answer
  • Give specific examples of ways in which the sales process led to a positive outcome.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merkle

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merkle Director interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Merkle employees and interview candidates.