Merkle

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merkle in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied the position on my university career website and heard back from them after a week for a phone interview with a senior analyst. The interview was really casual and we just talked through my resume. The second phone interview was followed by a week with a director. We first went through my background and he asked me a case study. I think I did not do well on the case so I didn't get the chance for an on-site interview.

Interview Question – How to optimize a retailer's catalog campaign?   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Merkle in December 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a HR phone screen and 3 phone interviews with the team. Then they brought you on an on-site interview, which comprises of a project review (45 mins), 5 1:1 interviews and a SAS/SQL test.

Interview Question – Very technical questions and deep dive into some projects you've done. Be well prepared!   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Merkle in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by flying out to Maryland for interview process. 5-6 different interviewers who asked several questions about different marketing scenarios. They ask you do a presentation in front of the entire interview team.

Interview Question – You are able to send x number of direct mail catalogs. How would you choose who to send them to?   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merkle in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had two phone screens, 5 one-one interviews on site, a SAS/SQL test and a presentation. I was refrerred to Merkle through a recruiter.

Overall the experience was positive. The company has great environment, everybody is very pleasant.

I got a great offer within 5 days of my on-site interviews, and will be joining soon.

The only thing that is really bad about the offer is the benefits..they only have 9 vacation days and the health insurance is VERY expensive!!

Interview Question – A Sas question in the test about merging two datasets   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary and the experience was very positive, I am very satisfied about the offer.

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merkle in April 2012.

Interview Details – It depends on who is interviewing you. Highly Statistical based questions for the position. Advisable to know the basics of ANOVA and Hypothesis testing

Interview Question – Describe the use of hypothesis testing   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merkle

Worked for Merkle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merkle Marketing Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Merkle employees and interview candidates.