Merkle Senior Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merkle in May 2013.

I applied to the Sr. Marketing analyst position through the job posting forums. Within a week I had a phone screen from Merkle for about 10 min describing the job role and immediately followed up with 3 phone interviews back to back on consecutive days of the week. Phone interviews were limited to 30-45 min. During the phone interviews they had asked about my educational background and skill set related questions. Following the phone interview I had a fly out to Baltimore.

I arrived & stayed a night in the hotel a day before the interview. On the day of interview I had a non-stop 6 hours interview with 6 1:1 meetings and a 30 min presentation (project review) (also includes lunch break with one of the interviewer). Merkle had sent the interview schedule and guidelines for the project review on an email prior to the onsite interview. So I am pretty much prepared with whom I have to meet. Each person in 1:1 meeting (three of them who took phone interview were also present in this list) asked diverse questions related tomy resume, technical questions related to simple statistical models, logistic regression, SQL queries, SAS programming, eigen value etc. In two of the 1:1 meetings I was asked a similar question related to Direct Mail Marketing problem to target the right customers (Solution I offered is classify the population based on demographics information by running logistic regression to find the customers who are revenue generators and thereby we can discard those who are not responding to the Direct mail campaign). In the other meeting I was asked how to merge two datasets on SAS and then building up questions of how to remove duplicates. As the meeting continued to afternoon I was asked to explain p-value to someone in plain words who do not have statistical background. Nevertheless, almost all of them asked me explain my previous projects in work & in schools.

The final part of my interview process ended with presentation which was from a module of my previous project which lasted for 30 minutes and 15 minutes dedicated for questions. I was interrupted with the questions in between my slides. However, they compensated my full 30 minute project review time by cutting time short for questions and suggestions.

After the interview process, I emailed twice a week after week to get the update of the final decision. Initially, I was in their job consideration. Later they got back to me (a month after the interview process) saying that I was not selected for the job role.

Overall, interview process is rigorous and professional. I am quite positive with their recruitment process. They know what components from your resume are useful for their job requirements. So guys prepare well as it is not a cake walk! :)

Interview Questions
  • Explain P-Value in a given marketing context. As if you are presenting to the client.   View Answer