Merrill Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Interview

Standard Interview they just want to know you're motivated and looking to make $ and to verify your credentials. Interviewed with two hiring managers who took somewhat of a good cop/bad cop approach

Interview Questions

• If you could choose between a trophy and $1000 which would you choose   1 Answer

Interview

The process was long and time consuming but worth it. Everyone was friendly bit the process was multiple interviews and lot of time spent processing info. I suggest you know job description and why you want to do this job. Also have good understanding of markets

XBRL Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. In-person interview with two managers (at same time). Standard questions. Thought I'd get offer. No reason given for not getting offer. Follow up all initiated by me after they did not get back to me in the time they communicated.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of prior jobs did you most like?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Will you work over 40 hrs per week when needed?   1 Answer
    • Can you work outside regular hours (as early as 5am or as late as 9pm)?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a standard telephone screen by an HR recruiter. This was followed by an in-person interview the following week. The first part of the in-person interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager who provided some additional detail about the position and the business need for the role followed by a panel interview with behavioral questions. Several roles were represented in the panel interview: architect, Scrum Master, Delivery Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you needed to address and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Corporate Position Within Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Submitted resume through their website and heard back within a week to set up preliminary interviews with a recruiter. The interview was set quickly, and once I "passed" that interview, meeting in person was arranged quickly. The whole process was fast -- under a month from initial contact to offer -- and involved many of the people I am now working with on a regular basis. There wasn't a lot of superfluous stuff like tests, which I've run into with most other companies. The interviews focused on relevant experience, past roles and how I might add value quickly to the role. I had a clear idea of expectations and any timelines communicated during the interview process were adhered to closely. The interview style was largely simply conversational and everyone I met with (6 or 7 in total) seemed engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• Because I have a slightly unorthodox career path, we talked about that. It wasn't a difficult discussion -- it just involved talking about things on my resume that I hadn't talked about in an interview situation in ages.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, straightforward, fair

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation in June 2014.

Interview

Very casual, relaxed interview. Met with manager, met the team, went over resume, there were a few technical questions. They seemed most interested by my ability to adapt to changes without warning and my eagerness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Detail a team project that you are most proud of and why? Elaborate on your contributions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was also rather informal. Took some time to analyze their offer and came to an agreement. All very casual and pleasant.

Senior Employee Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Interview

Applied online. Five days later, received email from senior recruiter to set up phone interview. Following day had phone interview. Sent thank you next day. It's been 10 weeks and I've heard nothing at all from the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple times if I was really interested in moving to Minnesota. Other than that, the telephone interview questions were skills based and directly related to resume and experience.   Answer Question

XBRL Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

not hard. 1 HR-20 min 1 Manager-20 (she kept talking about XBRL for 15 minutes, only asked me 3 very causual questions. )

Interview Questions

small company don't fit in my career path

Litigation Support Interview

Interview

This was the most intence interview I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Interview

I had three interviews total - one with the hiring manager, one with the VP's of the department and one with the entire staff. It was nerve wracking but wonderful in that I got to see the dynamics of each group and how they interacted.

Interview Questions

• What was my supervision style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not necessary