Merrill Corporation

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

Corporate Position Within Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Submitted resume through their website and heard back within a week to set up preliminary interviews with a recruiter. The interview was set quickly, and once I "passed" that interview, meeting in person was arranged quickly. The whole process was fast -- under a month from initial contact to offer -- and involved many of the people I am now working with on a regular basis. There wasn't a lot of superfluous stuff like tests, which I've run into with most other companies. The interviews focused on relevant experience, past roles and how I might add value quickly to the role. I had a clear idea of expectations and any timelines communicated during the interview process were adhered to closely. The interview style was largely simply conversational and everyone I met with (6 or 7 in total) seemed engaged in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Because I have a slightly unorthodox career path, we talked about that. It wasn't a difficult discussion -- it just involved talking about things on my resume that I hadn't talked about in an interview situation in ages.   Answer Question
    Simple, straightforward, fair

Senior Employee Communications Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Applied online. Five days later, received email from senior recruiter to set up phone interview. Following day had phone interview. Sent thank you next day. It's been 10 weeks and I've heard nothing at all from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a couple times if I was really interested in moving to Minnesota. Other than that, the telephone interview questions were skills based and directly related to resume and experience.   Answer Question

XBRL Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Corporation in October 2013.

not hard.
    1 HR-20 min
    1 Manager-20 (she kept talking about XBRL for 15 minutes, only asked me 3 very causual questions. )

small company
    don't fit in my career path

Litigation Support Interview

This was the most intence interview I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Merrill Corporation.

I had three interviews total - one with the hiring manager, one with the VP's of the department and one with the entire staff. It was nerve wracking but wonderful in that I got to see the dynamics of each group and how they interacted.

Not necessary

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merrill Corporation in August 2013.

I got an interview with the manager, and he invited his boss via phone to participate to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my background and experience in general.   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Corporation.

1-Recruiter initiated contact
    2-followed up with brief phone interview
    3-HR Interview detailed - phone
    4-Hiring Manager interview, facilities tour & brief departmental
     manager interviews
    5-Peer informational interview
    6-Senior Manager Interview Interview

Interview Questions
    • Sales scenario and how the candidate would handle it. Where do you wish to be in 5 years, 10 years?   Answer Question

Office Services Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Merrill Corporation in May 2013.

The interview process was very slow and unorganized. Spent too much time doing phone interviews. Waffled on salary. Hiring Manager not in Seattle and waited 3 weeks before we could talk by phone. Did not come across as organized. Not sure what they were looking for. It's been 6 weeks and I have not heard anything even though I was told that I would be notified either way. Still waiting for a response. Thank you.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question
    • My wish to all employers is that when you interview, please follow back up. I find it daunting, demeaning and unprofessional when you say 'we'll let you know" and weeks go by and we don't hear anything back. I've made several inquiries about the status of the position and I've been ignored. I know employers are busy but just a quick email would be much appreciated.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Corporation in March 2013.

Initial interview asks about current employment and course work experience. Short on questions and interviewer gives time for you to explain your own strengths and weaknesses (be honest).

Interview Questions
    • Asked to walk through a certain excel model related to your position. Be prepared and review your proficiency beforehand.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Collections Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Three days after applying online, I received an email asking what my salary qualifications were and requesting time to complete a phone interview. A few days later, I completed the 45 minute phone interview, and was asked to come on-site for an in-person interview. I had the in-person interview, and the manager mentioned that it may take a week or two to hear back, but the next step for someone moving on in the interview process would be a second interview with herself and her manager. Two hours after my interview yesterday, I was asked to come back for a second interview, and the manager also asked if she could reach out to the people that I provided as references. My second interview is Friday & I am very excited - I feel like this position is mine! I agree with the other reviewer - know your history!