Merrill Corporation Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2014
Updated May 15, 2014

2.9

Senior Employee Communications Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Applied online. Five days later, received email from senior recruiter to set up phone interview. Following day had phone interview. Sent thank you next day. It's been 10 weeks and I've heard nothing at all from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a couple times if I was really interested in moving to Minnesota. Other than that, the telephone interview questions were skills based and directly related to resume and experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Corporation in March 2013.

Initial interview asks about current employment and course work experience. Short on questions and interviewer gives time for you to explain your own strengths and weaknesses (be honest).

Interview Questions
    • Asked to walk through a certain excel model related to your position. Be prepared and review your proficiency beforehand.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Corporation in January 2012.

Pretty standard interview process for a full time perm hire at most companies.
    The HR recruiter did a pre - screening interview with me on the phone and asked the standard HR questions. Nothing too difficult. A lot of focus on my experience stated in my resume.
    Once past the HR interview, they called me into the "hiring" interviews on site at Merrill.
    Here I met with 3 rounds of interviews: the hiring manager (PMO Director), the project manager and application dev manager with the QA manager, then last interview was with the BA team and the product manager.

The hiring manager interview was pretty basic, she was mostly focused on questions designed to understand my personality and fit into the Merrill culture. The project manager and app dev manager focused on my professional background on "AppDev" projects with Agile process and standards. The BA team and product manager was a panel style interview which was the most challenging because they asked me all types of questions about my experience as a BA, team leader, AGILE experience, and past commercial product development experience.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were really that challenging to me, all standard questions.
      Some unexpected questions were: "How was your experience traveling to Prague, the Czech Republic. Another question was, "do you like fishing? then, What kind of fish?"
        Answer Question
    I went back and forth with the HR recruiter to get my salary and vacation to acceptable levels for me.

XBRL Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Merrill Corporation in October 2013.

not hard.
    1 HR-20 min
    1 Manager-20 (she kept talking about XBRL for 15 minutes, only asked me 3 very causual questions. )

small company
    don't fit in my career path

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grove City, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Corporation in August 2013.

I got an interview with the manager, and he invited his boss via phone to participate to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my background and experience in general.   Answer Question

Litigation Support Interview

This was the most intence interview I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

I had three interviews total - one with the hiring manager, one with the VP's of the department and one with the entire staff. It was nerve wracking but wonderful in that I got to see the dynamics of each group and how they interacted.

Not necessary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Merrill Corporation in January 2010.

Applied through a college career site. Was called back a few weeks later by a HR representative to answer some simple background and prelim questions. Set up a time to interview with a financial advisor. Meet with them and was offered a job.

none

Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

1-Recruiter initiated contact
    2-followed up with brief phone interview
    3-HR Interview detailed - phone
    4-Hiring Manager interview, facilities tour & brief departmental
     manager interviews
    5-Peer informational interview
    6-Senior Manager Interview Interview

Interview Questions
    • Sales scenario and how the candidate would handle it. Where do you wish to be in 5 years, 10 years?   Answer Question

Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Merrill Corporation in May 2011.

Submitted my resume, got a call a week later to set up an interview. Went for one in person interview at their headquarters, typical interview questions. The only one I remember was tell me about a time when you worked with a team and someone was not contributing enough, what did you do? Was emailed a few days later to submit for a background check and set up an date for a drug test. You have two days from that email to take the drug test and a lab they find near you. Waited another week to find out everything passed and was offered the job via the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone on your team was not contributing and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Worked for Merrill Corporation? Contribute to the Community!