Merrill Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

XBRL Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. In-person interview with two managers (at same time). Standard questions. Thought I'd get offer. No reason given for not getting offer. Follow up all initiated by me after they did not get back to me in the time they communicated.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of prior jobs did you most like?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Will you work over 40 hrs per week when needed?   1 Answer
    • Can you work outside regular hours (as early as 5am or as late as 9pm)?   1 Answer

Corporate Position Within Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Submitted resume through their website and heard back within a week to set up preliminary interviews with a recruiter. The interview was set quickly, and once I "passed" that interview, meeting in person was arranged quickly. The whole process was fast -- under a month from initial contact to offer -- and involved many of the people I am now working with on a regular basis. There wasn't a lot of superfluous stuff like tests, which I've run into with most other companies. The interviews focused on relevant experience, past roles and how I might add value quickly to the role. I had a clear idea of expectations and any timelines communicated during the interview process were adhered to closely. The interview style was largely simply conversational and everyone I met with (6 or 7 in total) seemed engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• Because I have a slightly unorthodox career path, we talked about that. It wasn't a difficult discussion -- it just involved talking about things on my resume that I hadn't talked about in an interview situation in ages.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, straightforward, fair

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Corporation in June 2014.

Interview

Very casual, relaxed interview. Met with manager, met the team, went over resume, there were a few technical questions. They seemed most interested by my ability to adapt to changes without warning and my eagerness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Detail a team project that you are most proud of and why? Elaborate on your contributions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was also rather informal. Took some time to analyze their offer and came to an agreement. All very casual and pleasant.

Senior Employee Communications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Interview

Applied online. Five days later, received email from senior recruiter to set up phone interview. Following day had phone interview. Sent thank you next day. It's been 10 weeks and I've heard nothing at all from the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple times if I was really interested in moving to Minnesota. Other than that, the telephone interview questions were skills based and directly related to resume and experience.   Answer Question

XBRL Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

not hard.
    1 HR-20 min
    1 Manager-20 (she kept talking about XBRL for 15 minutes, only asked me 3 very causual questions. )

small company
    don't fit in my career path

Interview

This was the most intence interview I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Interview

I had three interviews total - one with the hiring manager, one with the VP's of the department and one with the entire staff. It was nerve wracking but wonderful in that I got to see the dynamics of each group and how they interacted.

Interview Questions

• What was my supervision style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not necessary

QA Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merrill Corporation (Grove City, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

I got an interview with the manager, and he invited his boss via phone to participate to the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and experience in general.   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Interview

1-Recruiter initiated contact
    2-followed up with brief phone interview
    3-HR Interview detailed - phone
    4-Hiring Manager interview, facilities tour & brief departmental
     manager interviews
    5-Peer informational interview
    6-Senior Manager Interview Interview

Interview Questions

• Sales scenario and how the candidate would handle it. Where do you wish to be in 5 years, 10 years?   Answer Question

Office Services Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very slow and unorganized. Spent too much time doing phone interviews. Waffled on salary. Hiring Manager not in Seattle and waited 3 weeks before we could talk by phone. Did not come across as organized. Not sure what they were looking for. It's been 6 weeks and I have not heard anything even though I was told that I would be notified either way. Still waiting for a response. Thank you.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question
    • My wish to all employers is that when you interview, please follow back up. I find it daunting, demeaning and unprofessional when you say 'we'll let you know" and weeks go by and we don't hear anything back. I've made several inquiries about the status of the position and I've been ignored. I know employers are busy but just a quick email would be much appreciated.   Answer Question