Merrill Gardens Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Merrill Gardens in November 2013.

I got an application at the Merrill gardens at renton centre . I applied two days later and called the manger a week later. I got an interview , it wasn't bad. I thought I wasn't going to get the job but I did.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite food? How would you describe to a customer that never heard of it ?   Answer Question

Regional Director of Quality Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sumner, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumner, WA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Merrill Gardens.

Was very relaxing and interviewed at a Baskin and Robbins.

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Gardens in June 2009.

I interviewed once in early 2002 and couldn't get to the drug test in another city so I didn't get the job. Later in 2009 I reapplied and was accepted took the drug test and got the job. the interview process was fairly easy it was a one on one interview and I had prior experience in food service, I had just moved to Lancaster from Sacramento from another senior home job.

Interview Questions
    • Well " What would you describe as your greatest weakness or setback you've had?" a classic question I've learned to tackle well now...   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Merrill Gardens in May 2012.

I submitted my detailed resume - management was impressed that I have over 20 years experience in the hotel business and after minimal discussion, was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be able to work with seniors, some of which have alzheimers (or other forms of dimentia) and perform my duties reguardless of the difficulty?   View Answer

Regional Director Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Gardens in June 2012.

Phone interview, then in person interview with COO, VP Sales and Marketing? They flew me from Texas to Seatlke, provided Hotel etc

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Gardens in November 2010.

I picked up an application at a different Merrill Gardens which was in Renton. I filled it out at home and turned it in to the West Seattle Merrill Gardens. I waited at the front desk because no one was there. After waiting about 15 mins, I placed my application on the desk and left. About a week later, the kitchen supervisor called and asked if I would like to go in for an interview. I went in for an interview about 3 days later. Waited in the front for someone to come out and call me in. One of the kitchen staff members made me follow him to a private room. A different kitchen staff member came in and sat and started to interview me. She told me she had never intervied before and asked me basic questions like "tell me about yourself" and that was pretty much it. Then the hiring manager came in and introduced himself, asked me what i would like to go to school for and said nice to meet you and left. Then the interview was over. Got a call 4 days later offering me a job!

none

General Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Gardens in August 2010.

Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. An in person interview with the Regional Director and Regional Sales Director was arranged for about one week later. I was offered the position after a background screen and reference checks were conducted. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep department managers in line with their department budgets?   Answer Question
    I had to leave 4 weeks of accrued vacation. I was able to negotiate the value of one week's vacation added to the initial base salary offer in lieu of vacation. 2 weeks of vacation are the standard after one year of employment.

Regional Marketing Director Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Gardens in January 2008.

Initial communications took place over a period of 2 years with an employee of the company by phone and by email who wanted me to join at a similar position to that which I was already working. I also interviewed face to face for another administrative position but decided not to pursue it in order to remain in the area of my expertise and enjoyment. I was contacted personally when the regional position opened and within a very short amount of time, was interviewed by phone and then with two VP's of the company.
    An offer was made promptly and I started after a 30 day notice with the previous company. I spent significant effort creating a resume that reflected my experience and results of expertise. Specific experience with similar excel reports, advertising, management, helped, but Merrill Gardens is a very results oriented company and interviews only strong candidates with experience and positive results. Those who are very strong in time management, with strong/positive management skills would fare well in the work culture. Not heavy on training, you must be able to seek out the answers on your own and ask questions to learn what is expected. Because of the drive for high census, you will not find this company as warm and fuzzy or one to cater to compliments or attaboys. They do give ample room for creativity to get the results and support when you ask for it.

Interview Questions
    • If a community was below census expectations, what would you implement to move it forward?   View Answer
    Very positive experience as I was offered a higher salary than I expected, even after investigating what other positions paid in the idustry, Good benefits, 401K option with 3% matching. Was not able to negotiate vacation expectations. Advice: anything is worth asking for.

Worked for Merrill Gardens? Contribute to the Community!