Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.6

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I interviewed with the specific team I would potentially be working for. Interviewed with several people. Everyone was very professional and kind, and there was a good flow to the interview. They asked mostly the typical questions, but they also took time to explain their business and the position in depth, which is something I rarely saw in my 5 months interviewing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Meeting with internal VP and then your immediate team/coworkers. Fortunately, the people that work at ML are all genuinely kind and easy to talk to. It will be more of a conversation than an inquisition. Long HR paperwork process once offered the position. Expect a month to pass before you actually start.

Interview Questions

• The basics. Strengths and weaknesses, previous experience, willingness to get registered. A strong focus on teamwork and collaboration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Extensive, yet necessary. I personally went in for 5 different interviews to meet with my team and direct supervisors. Be prepared to show how you will add value to your team as well as clients. At the end of the interview process you will know exactly what is expected of you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary depends on experience and whether or not you have obtained your series 7 and 66

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with recruiter; once I passed the screening interview, an in-person interview with the hiring team was scheduled for the following week; this second interview has not yet happened

Client Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process took about 5 weeks as there were a lot of applicants, but it was a good experience. I interviewed with the Client Relationship Manager and a bunch of Financial Advisors. Everyone I met in the interview was pretty easy going and polite.

Interview Questions

• Everything was behavioral. Nothing about markets or investing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with two FA's and one CA. Nice friendly people. Company doesn't have much to offer in terms of salary. The FA's have to personally pay you in most cases and mostly have interest in hiring interns so they don't have to pay at all. Great job only if you want to become an FA and have your own clients.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record.   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Interview

Met with a team of FAs to discuss what I could bring to the table and why I'd be a good fit. Asked me about my background & knowledge of markets, in particular, fixed income & muni bonds. Also lots of generic questions; why us, how are your excel skills, etc...

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Sent in my résumé through email and then was asked to be available for a phone call the following day. That phone call was to set up a phone interview call with the boss. Pretty standard, except I did not talk to the boss till a week and a half after the first appointment. Each time they said they would call me at a certain time but did not so I had to call them and then I was told they needed to reschedule. I finally talk to the boss and it is more of a run down of the position than an interview because the boss had no interest in what I had to say. Scheduled an in person interview anyway. Showed up to that, no real questions other than being insulted a couple times. Was told I was exactly what the boss was looking for if the position was still available but it had been filled two months ago. Probably not standard across the company, just my experience.

Interview Questions

Not really a decline but was told to check back in a month or two to see if current employee had been fired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fine, not very hard. The Hiring Manager said he would call by the end of the week after the last round. No call. A week later he said the recruiter from BofA will be reaching out to me shortly. No call. Another week later the recruiter called to say he was on vacation and that I didnt get the role.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2012.

Interview

very relaxed interview. I felt very comfortable interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were general questions including what my past experience was and why I wanted to work at Merrill Lynch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would definitely suggest that you should try to negotiate for the salary you want. Don't leave it up to the person you're interviewing with.