Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

It was alot of questions, I have my masters in Finance and I didn't get the job because of it.

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2010.

I had the opportunity to interview with 3 financial advisors. The overall experience was a little intimidating but rewarding nevertheless. The job was ultimately given to an employee who transferred from another city who was already Series 7 licensed. I'd say that your best bet when going in with them is your Series 7 license.

Client Associate Interview

The hiring process took about 5 weeks as there were a lot of applicants, but it was a good experience. I interviewed with the Client Relationship Manager and a bunch of Financial Advisors. Everyone I met in the interview was pretty easy going and polite.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was behavioral. Nothing about markets or investing.   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2012.

very relaxed interview. I felt very comfortable interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were general questions including what my past experience was and why I wanted to work at Merrill Lynch.   Answer Question
    I would definitely suggest that you should try to negotiate for the salary you want. Don't leave it up to the person you're interviewing with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2008.

The interview was pretty intimidating. I met with three members of the team. They asked a variety of questions. The questions focused on what skills could I bring to the team, and why I wanted to join the team. The initial contact was through a job posting at my school's career services website. After emailing the team directly to show that I was interested in the position, they emailed me back the next day. It took about a week to get in for the interview. I have since moved on to another position, but the interview process was nothing to be worried about. I would imagine that different advisors have different interview processes. Just be prepared to discuss what you can bring to the group.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join this team as opposed to joining a different team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2012.

The interview process was fine, not very hard. The Hiring Manager said he would call by the end of the week after the last round. No call. A week later he said the recruiter from BofA will be reaching out to me shortly. No call. Another week later the recruiter called to say he was on vacation and that I didnt get the role.

Client Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Sent in my résumé through email and then was asked to be available for a phone call the following day. That phone call was to set up a phone interview call with the boss. Pretty standard, except I did not talk to the boss till a week and a half after the first appointment. Each time they said they would call me at a certain time but did not so I had to call them and then I was told they needed to reschedule. I finally talk to the boss and it is more of a run down of the position than an interview because the boss had no interest in what I had to say. Scheduled an in person interview anyway. Showed up to that, no real questions other than being insulted a couple times. Was told I was exactly what the boss was looking for if the position was still available but it had been filled two months ago. Probably not standard across the company, just my experience.

Interview Questions

Not really a decline but was told to check back in a month or two to see if current employee had been fired.

Client Associate Interview

Met with a team of FAs to discuss what I could bring to the table and why I'd be a good fit. Asked me about my background & knowledge of markets, in particular, fixed income & muni bonds. Also lots of generic questions; why us, how are your excel skills, etc...

Interview Questions

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!