Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.4

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Miami, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview with 3 financial advisors. The overall experience was a little intimidating but rewarding nevertheless. The job was ultimately given to an employee who transferred from another city who was already Series 7 licensed. I'd say that your best bet when going in with them is your Series 7 license.

Interview Questions

• What makes me different from the people they have fired before   Answer Question
  • what are my 3 weaknesses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

Interview

It was alot of questions, I have my masters in Finance and I didn't get the job because of it.

Client Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process took about 5 weeks as there were a lot of applicants, but it was a good experience. I interviewed with the Client Relationship Manager and a bunch of Financial Advisors. Everyone I met in the interview was pretty easy going and polite.

Interview Questions

• Everything was behavioral. Nothing about markets or investing.   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with recruiter; once I passed the screening interview, an in-person interview with the hiring team was scheduled for the following week; this second interview has not yet happened

Client Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Farmington Hills, MI) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview was pretty intimidating. I met with three members of the team. They asked a variety of questions. The questions focused on what skills could I bring to the team, and why I wanted to join the team. The initial contact was through a job posting at my school's career services website. After emailing the team directly to show that I was interested in the position, they emailed me back the next day. It took about a week to get in for the interview. I have since moved on to another position, but the interview process was nothing to be worried about. I would imagine that different advisors have different interview processes. Just be prepared to discuss what you can bring to the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this team as opposed to joining a different team?   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2012.

Interview

very relaxed interview. I felt very comfortable interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were general questions including what my past experience was and why I wanted to work at Merrill Lynch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would definitely suggest that you should try to negotiate for the salary you want. Don't leave it up to the person you're interviewing with.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fine, not very hard. The Hiring Manager said he would call by the end of the week after the last round. No call. A week later he said the recruiter from BofA will be reaching out to me shortly. No call. Another week later the recruiter called to say he was on vacation and that I didnt get the role.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Sent in my résumé through email and then was asked to be available for a phone call the following day. That phone call was to set up a phone interview call with the boss. Pretty standard, except I did not talk to the boss till a week and a half after the first appointment. Each time they said they would call me at a certain time but did not so I had to call them and then I was told they needed to reschedule. I finally talk to the boss and it is more of a run down of the position than an interview because the boss had no interest in what I had to say. Scheduled an in person interview anyway. Showed up to that, no real questions other than being insulted a couple times. Was told I was exactly what the boss was looking for if the position was still available but it had been filled two months ago. Probably not standard across the company, just my experience.

Interview Questions

Not really a decline but was told to check back in a month or two to see if current employee had been fired.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with two FA's and one CA. Nice friendly people. Company doesn't have much to offer in terms of salary. The FA's have to personally pay you in most cases and mostly have interest in hiring interns so they don't have to pay at all. Great job only if you want to become an FA and have your own clients.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record.   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Interview

Met with a team of FAs to discuss what I could bring to the table and why I'd be a good fit. Asked me about my background & knowledge of markets, in particular, fixed income & muni bonds. Also lots of generic questions; why us, how are your excel skills, etc...