Merrill Lynch Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The process for the review began with a general phone interview to screen you for any past experience and to get a feel for your conversational skills. Depending on your background and how it applied to customer service and finance, they will move forward if you have the qualifications or a referral. The interview consisted of 2 rounds: One with the Customer Relationship Managers and another with your potential advisors if they are available.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions they ask are about where you see yourself in the company, how well you do under pressure and a lot of background/experience questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Pasadena, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

two interviews follwed by offer. I had worked at another office location previously so i had a couple connects already at the office. Was well experienced with the platform or similar platform

Interview Questions

• past client relationship experience   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2011.

Interview

I had a private interview with the manager in the office discussing my goals for my career and what I felt I could ad to the process. I then spoke with my potential brokers that I would be working with should I get the position. We had a candid discussion about my history and working style and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Merrill Lynch? Where do you hope to see your career going in the future?   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was not very stressful. They want to know if you are really interested and what are your goals and what direction you want to take. They asked me about my school and what classes I was taking and what interested me about working at Merrill.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I interviewed with the specific team I would potentially be working for. Interviewed with several people. Everyone was very professional and kind, and there was a good flow to the interview. They asked mostly the typical questions, but they also took time to explain their business and the position in depth, which is something I rarely saw in my 5 months interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Meeting with internal VP and then your immediate team/coworkers. Fortunately, the people that work at ML are all genuinely kind and easy to talk to. It will be more of a conversation than an inquisition. Long HR paperwork process once offered the position. Expect a month to pass before you actually start.

Interview Questions

• The basics. Strengths and weaknesses, previous experience, willingness to get registered. A strong focus on teamwork and collaboration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Extensive, yet necessary. I personally went in for 5 different interviews to meet with my team and direct supervisors. Be prepared to show how you will add value to your team as well as clients. At the end of the interview process you will know exactly what is expected of you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary depends on experience and whether or not you have obtained your series 7 and 66

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with recruiter; once I passed the screening interview, an in-person interview with the hiring team was scheduled for the following week; this second interview has not yet happened

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with two FA's and one CA. Nice friendly people. Company doesn't have much to offer in terms of salary. The FA's have to personally pay you in most cases and mostly have interest in hiring interns so they don't have to pay at all. Great job only if you want to become an FA and have your own clients.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record.   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process took about 5 weeks as there were a lot of applicants, but it was a good experience. I interviewed with the Client Relationship Manager and a bunch of Financial Advisors. Everyone I met in the interview was pretty easy going and polite.

Interview Questions

• Everything was behavioral. Nothing about markets or investing.   Answer Question