Merrill Lynch

Relevance Date Difficulty

FA/PMD Interview

FA/PMD
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was oven the chance to interview, and I found that the company was a great fit for me. I went through the steps, and ultimately accepted the job. The office was very inviting, and the managers were very professional.

Interview Question – How will you contribute to the team   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had a referral from another employee in the office and was given an interview which lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked very general personality/fit questions like, "why Merrill Lynch?" "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc

Interview Question – No question was unexpected   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Frisco, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2012.

Interview Details – Mostly technical questions about OO concepts and C++ basic concepts. OO questions were pretty basic but make sure you know everything about the 4 main pillars.
Had a solve a question on the board in a presentation style.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected. Need to know about some low level stuff in C/C++ such as Malloc   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

PMD Financial Advisor
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – Was interviewed and offered a job on the same day. Had to pass an initial math test to make to the interview process. Once that was completed, was brought in for an interview that lasted about 20 minutes and was offered a job.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation available.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
Dallas, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process consisted of an initial phone interview for screening purposes followed by a 1 on 1 meeting with the local PMD coach at the downtown office. Following this I reached out and tried to build relationships in the office that could vouch for me during the review period. I had to take an online assessment that consisted of sales and capital markets related questions. Lastly, I had to present my business plan to a panel of seasoned veterans in the business. I heard the following week and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from the other candidates we are considering at this time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, and they were very helpful in the process. Come with reasons that you feel you bring more value to the table, and prepare literature that outlines your suggestions for increase or other requests.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Irving, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2010.

Interview Details – If you fail any of the tests you are declined the opportunity to continue interviewing.

The Personality test is a beating in a half. Its ridiculous and asks such meaningless questions over and over.

Interview Question – Tell me how you will get out and get infront of people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fair-- $49,999 salary b/c over 50k you are in a new ranking of sales needed.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I applied online, a recruiter called me in for an interview. I went to an invitation only group interview where they gave a presentation of there company, we each introduced ourselves and then we had one on one interviews with the managers and regional managers.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!