Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 7, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FA/PMD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2013.

I was oven the chance to interview, and I found that the company was a great fit for me. I went through the steps, and ultimately accepted the job. The office was very inviting, and the managers were very professional.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2013.

I had a referral from another employee in the office and was given an interview which lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked very general personality/fit questions like, "why Merrill Lynch?" "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2012.

Mostly technical questions about OO concepts and C++ basic concepts. OO questions were pretty basic but make sure you know everything about the 4 main pillars.
    Had a solve a question on the board in a presentation style.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected. Need to know about some low level stuff in C/C++ such as Malloc   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Was interviewed and offered a job on the same day. Had to pass an initial math test to make to the interview process. Once that was completed, was brought in for an interview that lasted about 20 minutes and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    There was no real negotiation available.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2012.

The process consisted of an initial phone interview for screening purposes followed by a 1 on 1 meeting with the local PMD coach at the downtown office. Following this I reached out and tried to build relationships in the office that could vouch for me during the review period. I had to take an online assessment that consisted of sales and capital markets related questions. Lastly, I had to present my business plan to a panel of seasoned veterans in the business. I heard the following week and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from the other candidates we are considering at this time?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, and they were very helpful in the process. Come with reasons that you feel you bring more value to the table, and prepare literature that outlines your suggestions for increase or other requests.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2010.

If you fail any of the tests you are declined the opportunity to continue interviewing.

The Personality test is a beating in a half. Its ridiculous and asks such meaningless questions over and over.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you will get out and get infront of people.   View Answer
    fair-- $49,999 salary b/c over 50k you are in a new ranking of sales needed.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2010.

Initially I applied online, a recruiter called me in for an interview. I went to an invitation only group interview where they gave a presentation of there company, we each introduced ourselves and then we had one on one interviews with the managers and regional managers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!