Merrill Lynch

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – took around 2 months, but I wasn't in a rush, took a practice fiat exam and had to pass a background check before actually being able to move past the first round. Currently awaiting the second round.

Interview Question – Really just can you bring in assets.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2014.

Interview Details – Still in the interview process, its a five step process from taking a quiz to talking to the managers. They are very detailed and they are.looking for sales experience most especially and the ability to bring in high net worth clients, make sure you have that ability, they give you ample time to study and prepare for the licensing exams.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from the rest.   Answer Question

Westlake Village, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two separate interviews with two different people. They want to know who you know and how much money they have and how you plan to talk them into doing business with you and the firm. It is not about your money management skills they want to know about, but your marketing and sales skills and strategy.

Interview Question – What makes you think you can talk Dr. So and So into moving his $5 million account with you, and how will you talk him into referrals as soon as possible?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation unless you have assets ready to come over

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – Applied online. Required FIAT examination to assess how you may score on your Series 7 & 63. Passed, took about a week for the recruiter to set up phone interview.

Interview Question – What is your five year plan?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – I passed the phone screen with flying colors and am STILL waiting for the office to call me in for an interview. It's been 7 weeks. They're allegedly "working through a backlog".

Interview Question – Still waiting for the interview call!   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in November 2010.

Interview Details – Ok, took a finance test.

Negotiation Details – Took a few months to negotiate the offer.

Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2012.

Interview Details – Selective hiring process, after a group interview and once you pass a pretty rudimentary economics and quantatative test you sit down with the hriring manager. The selection process is flawed and somewhat biased, I was the only minority in the group interview.

Interview Question – Where were you born   View Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Director of the Southeast Region. Interview went well because I brought value to the company.

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – I had one interview, it was fairly casual and included questions about my business prospecting skills, employment and network. it was clear they were trying to determine whether I had a large number of prospects or whether I knew those who had money.

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – Sent my resume to a friend who works at the company. Received an e-mail from the recruiter for the position and two other e-mails containing the FIAT test and personality assessment. Passed both tests and currently have a scheduled phone interview scheduled.

Interview Question – Questions regarding the GNP.   Answer Question

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!