Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

41 interviews

3.1

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

took around 2 months, but I wasn't in a rush, took a practice fiat exam and had to pass a background check before actually being able to move past the first round. Currently awaiting the second round.

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2014.

Still in the interview process, its a five step process from taking a quiz to talking to the managers. They are very detailed and they are.looking for sales experience most especially and the ability to bring in high net worth clients, make sure you have that ability, they give you ample time to study and prepare for the licensing exams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2012.

Two separate interviews with two different people. They want to know who you know and how much money they have and how you plan to talk them into doing business with you and the firm. It is not about your money management skills they want to know about, but your marketing and sales skills and strategy.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you can talk Dr. So and So into moving his $5 million account with you, and how will you talk him into referrals as soon as possible?   Answer Question
    no negotiation unless you have assets ready to come over

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Applied online. Required FIAT examination to assess how you may score on your Series 7 & 63. Passed, took about a week for the recruiter to set up phone interview.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I passed the phone screen with flying colors and am STILL waiting for the office to call me in for an interview. It's been 7 weeks. They're allegedly "working through a backlog".

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in November 2010.

Ok, took a finance test.

Took a few months to negotiate the offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2012.

Selective hiring process, after a group interview and once you pass a pretty rudimentary economics and quantatative test you sit down with the hriring manager. The selection process is flawed and somewhat biased, I was the only minority in the group interview.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2009.

Interviewed with the Director of the Southeast Region. Interview went well because I brought value to the company.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I had one interview, it was fairly casual and included questions about my business prospecting skills, employment and network. it was clear they were trying to determine whether I had a large number of prospects or whether I knew those who had money.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Sent my resume to a friend who works at the company. Received an e-mail from the recruiter for the position and two other e-mails containing the FIAT test and personality assessment. Passed both tests and currently have a scheduled phone interview scheduled.

Interview Questions

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!