Merrill Lynch GWIM Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.0

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Applied online through college job site. Got an email from the recruiting team to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes. The interview had basic behavioral questions and nothing was out of the ordinary. Got an email two weeks after phone interview saying I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA).

Interview

I used an online application process after my uni made me aware of the opportunity. Submitted my cover letter, resume, and transcript and I got a call within a couple of weeks. Three more phone interviews and countless emails later, they extended an offer, non-negotiable. I happily accepted. Process was quick, easy, and pleasant (for an internship in the financial services industry, that is).

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview in person. Short, not difficult. Mostly behavioral questions and how you handled customers in previous positions. Leadership Posistions

Negotiation

None

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with someone in HR (recruiter for the program), and a couple weeks later I got an email about another phone interview with a hiring manager. This hiring manager was the same one that I worked for as a summer analyst. Both interviews asked similar questions about past internship experience and working as a team.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about past experience and behavioral questions to get a sense of work ethic, teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Communication from HR reps mostly with members of the individual groups conducting interviews. Mostly behavior based with questions digging into whether you know the different types of banking. Most useful thing to do to prepare is to learn the differences in all the types of banking and to have your basic behavior answers ready.

Interview Questions

Did not like the culture and did not want to be in NYC.