Merrill Lynch

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.3

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I submitted my resume and received a phone interview promptly. There were two separate phone interviews which contrasted from each other. They lasted around 10 minutes each. Discussed the importance of cold calling and why you would be interested in Merrill Lynch.

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

It was a very informal interview. A lot of behavioral questions. Mostly spoke about my cold calling experience and how I would be able to get clients in the door for them. Cold Called an alumni to get in the door to do a spring internship. Then took about 5 weeks to get back to me and I accepted on the spot. Overall a positive experience.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Quick and easy, basically all about fit. Just asked me about my background, met the team and learned what they do. The annoying thing is that the onboarding process takes a couple of weeks so the start wasn't immediate. The pay as an intern comes out of the team's pocket so they have to like you.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I applied through the school portal and was contacted to set up an interview within a week. I had a group interview where they asked mainly behavioral questions (nothing unexpected). The process was very fast, and they got back to me within a week after the interview--did not receive an offer, but the interview process was simple and fast.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

On-campus interview with 3 traders.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation (only an internship)

Intern Interview

Emailed resume, heard back within two weeks. Initial interview via phone second round was one on one. Technical and behavioral questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What an efficient portfolio of investments would look like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I was referred by the previous intern, so they gave me the job after one phone interview. Nonetheless, I am quite certain that the interview process varies greatly across their organizational structure. Merrill has hundreds of private equity management groups that hire their interns under different protocol. So its hard to predict exactly how the process will go.

Interview Questions
    • How will working here benefit you and your long term goals?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Applied through my college's online career center. Interview was at their office and was completely behavioral. It was around 20 minutes. Why Merrill Lynch? Why Private Banking? What would my availability be during the school week. Why did I pick my college? There was some time left for me to ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Quick, simple process consisting of one phone interview and an in-person interview with the head of the financial group. Took about 2 weeks to hear back with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Phone Interview
    It was really brief, basically just going over my resume

Interview Questions
    • Weakness and strengths
      No experience in wealth management, then how can you use your previous experience in this position?

Answer Question