Merrill Lynch Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Phone Interview an office interviews, easy interview overall. Mainly focused on why this could be a long term career for you. Looking for someone with professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Focus on leveraging experiences and client serving experience to answer questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

A call from a recruiter, over the phone interview questions to look for general experience in sales and business plan. How would you handle different situations to rejection over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years, how do you deal with rejection on cold calls, network of people you know from family to clients you have made relationships with to grow your business plan. Asked about previous work experience and the benefits of working sales knowledge into being productive.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume and received a phone interview promptly. There were two separate phone interviews which contrasted from each other. They lasted around 10 minutes each. Discussed the importance of cold calling and why you would be interested in Merrill Lynch.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

It was a very informal interview. A lot of behavioral questions. Mostly spoke about my cold calling experience and how I would be able to get clients in the door for them. Cold Called an alumni to get in the door to do a spring internship. Then took about 5 weeks to get back to me and I accepted on the spot. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Went in off a connection from my university and got an offer one week later after a brief 2 hour talk. Using who you know in the industry is the most important factor.

Interview Questions

• What differentiates you from the rest f the candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Quick and easy, basically all about fit. Just asked me about my background, met the team and learned what they do. The annoying thing is that the onboarding process takes a couple of weeks so the start wasn't immediate. The pay as an intern comes out of the team's pocket so they have to like you.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty Easy... All behavioral... Asked me a lot about my college and educational background and why I wanted to work for merrill lynch wealth managemenent. Just give the standard answers and you'll be good as most of the time it feels like youre accepted before your even interview.

Better Opportunities

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I applied through the school portal and was contacted to set up an interview within a week. I had a group interview where they asked mainly behavioral questions (nothing unexpected). The process was very fast, and they got back to me within a week after the interview--did not receive an offer, but the interview process was simple and fast.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

On-campus interview with 3 traders.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation (only an internship)

Intern Interview

Interview

Emailed resume, heard back within two weeks. Initial interview via phone second round was one on one. Technical and behavioral questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What an efficient portfolio of investments would look like.   Answer Question