Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2012.

After 1 day I received a call back from a recruiter, had 2 phone interviews, several aptitude tests, and was told the regional director would like to meet however when the recruiter contacted him he no longer wanted to meet. 3 months later the recruiter called back requesting an in person meeting with the regional director. After my "pitch" of why I should be hired the director explained that I would receive an offer in a few days, and a few days later I did receive a written offer.

Interview Questions
    • Regional director simply said "you have 10 minutes to tell me about yourself and why you should be hired"   Answer Question

Card Services Specialist Interview

The process was longer than it needed to be, they are 3 different interviewing meeting, and finally you are hired through a recruiter. The interview process is fairly easy, just be yourself.

Client Associate Interview

The hiring process took about 5 weeks as there were a lot of applicants, but it was a good experience. I interviewed with the Client Relationship Manager and a bunch of Financial Advisors. Everyone I met in the interview was pretty easy going and polite.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was behavioral. Nothing about markets or investing.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Only interviewed with Complex Director and some of the Financial Advisors. I had three separate meetings over a 2 week period. The total interview process has changed. It was a much less complicated process and much more informal.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to develop a natural market in 3 years   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2014.

Got referred to the program by a contact. Phone interview lasted about half an hour. Interviewer asked general questions (walk me through your resume, what are your goals, and etc..). Make sure to emphasize your business development skills and how good you are at selling.

After you pass the phone screen interview, you're supposed to prepare a detailed business plan on who your clients will be and how you will go about persuading them. Bring this to the first interview.

Had first round interview with one junior and one senior financial advisor at the same time. Two on one interview. One of them was one of the best producers within ML. They took turn asking questions. Sample questions include:

How would you convince your contacts, family members, friends to be your clients?
    How do you handle failure?
    How would you approach your clients and how would you source them?
    What is your goal by year 1, 2, and the end of the program?
    If a client ask "why should I do business with you?", what would your answer be?

Assistant Vice President FSA Interview

you applied through online and recruiter will contact you if they are interested in you. After you set up phone interview, you will meet one and one interview with Hiring manager and do interview, such as introduce yourself, your resume and work experience.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You need to have a college degree and well connected with others, so you can develop connections and get clients. We were hired from another firm and already had an established book of business to bring. So they wine and dinned us to move.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you very personal questions about your financial history   Answer Question

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

TFA Program- Reationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

still in the process. in person interview first. took the assessment online. phone interview with recruiter, who did not know what i was interviewing for really, which really threw me off. then had phone call with original interviewer discussing the phone interview. not sure if I'll make it to the next step, but I do know I need to create a business plan and meet with another manager in the firm. then there would potentially be a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • just graduated from college, with little experience, so most difficult question was what contacts and connections do I have to draw from?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Quick and easy, basically all about fit. Just asked me about my background, met the team and learned what they do. The annoying thing is that the onboarding process takes a couple of weeks so the start wasn't immediate. The pay as an intern comes out of the team's pocket so they have to like you.

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!