Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.8

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

After paperwork was completed for outside business activities and disclosure of any securities violations, I was called by an HR rep to set up an interview. The following Monday I had a behavioral interview asking specific questions about interpersonal skills. If you have experience in sales, mention them here. If not, discuss experiences where you had to get someone to help you do something.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you had to pursuade someone of something and were successful. Why were you ultimately successful?   2 Answers

Interview

First a Rep contacted me, told me I had to take the fiat exam. It was 55 questions online, hard if you have been away from math for a while. Had to do my business plan, then was called for face to face interview. Have it tomrrow

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, asking about current financial situations. Was relatively easy, asked to come in from an interview. As long as your are relaxed and answer questions to the best of your ability, you'll be fine. Sales is also important in a job like this, you will most likely be cold calling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project that you recently worked on and what role you played. Have you ever worked in a sales position before?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

apply at school career link, ask for an office interview. Very basic background and behavior question.

Interview Questions

Interview

Many steps

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

My resume was given to the office by a friend who interned there previously. I came in for an interview being asked questions about myself, why I want the internship, and what can I offer to them. Just the basic questions. They then told me what the internship would entail and how the advisors in the office came up as interns as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotion

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview
    It was really brief, basically just going over my resume

Interview Questions

• Weakness and strengths
      No experience in wealth management, then how can you use your previous experience in this position?

Answer Question

PMD Interview

Interview

Straight forward, discussed business plan and how to obtain clients

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Phoen Interview
    Walk through resume
    Why did you choose your school, major etc

Negotiation

unpaid

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter initially and after talking with him I set up an appointment with the regional manager of the Bank I would be working in. We talked for about half an hour on the phone and had a great conversation. I will fly in town for my final interview in a month.