Merrill Lynch

Updated Aug 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
348 candidate interviews

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – After paperwork was completed for outside business activities and disclosure of any securities violations, I was called by an HR rep to set up an interview. The following Monday I had a behavioral interview asking specific questions about interpersonal skills. If you have experience in sales, mention them here. If not, discuss experiences where you had to get someone to help you do something.

Interview Question – Explain a situation when you had to pursuade someone of something and were successful. Why were you ultimately successful?   View Answers (2)

Financial Advsisor Interview

Financial Advsisor

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – First a Rep contacted me, told me I had to take the fiat exam. It was 55 questions online, hard if you have been away from math for a while. Had to do my business plan, then was called for face to face interview. Have it tomrrow

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview, asking about current financial situations. Was relatively easy, asked to come in from an interview. As long as your are relaxed and answer questions to the best of your ability, you'll be fine. Sales is also important in a job like this, you will most likely be cold calling.

Interview Question – Tell me about a group project that you recently worked on and what role you played. Have you ever worked in a sales position before?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Wealth Management Analyst Interview

Wealth Management Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – apply at school career link, ask for an office interview. Very basic background and behavior question.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Interview Details – Many steps

Interview Question – Do you really want this job? Most people fail   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Laguna Niguel, CA

Interview Details – Phone Interview
It was really brief, basically just going over my resume

Interview Question – Weakness and strengths
No experience in wealth management, then how can you use your previous experience in this position?
  Answer Question

PMD Interview

PMD

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – Straight forward, discussed business plan and how to obtain clients

Interview Question – IF you were a tree what type of wood you be.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – Phoen Interview
Walk through resume
Why did you choose your school, major etc

Negotiation Details – unpaid

Wealth Management Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – My resume was given to the office by a friend who interned there previously. I came in for an interview being asked questions about myself, why I want the internship, and what can I offer to them. Just the basic questions. They then told me what the internship would entail and how the advisors in the office came up as interns as well.

Interview Question – Unexpected was worse time at previous internship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotion

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter initially and after talking with him I set up an appointment with the regional manager of the Bank I would be working in. We talked for about half an hour on the phone and had a great conversation. I will fly in town for my final interview in a month.

Interview Question – Why ML?   Answer Question

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!