Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Very laid back, phone interview, then face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Phoen Interview Walk through resume Why did you choose your school, major etc

Negotiation

unpaid

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

My resume was given to the office by a friend who interned there previously. I came in for an interview being asked questions about myself, why I want the internship, and what can I offer to them. Just the basic questions. They then told me what the internship would entail and how the advisors in the office came up as interns as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotion

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, asking about current financial situations. Was relatively easy, asked to come in from an interview. As long as your are relaxed and answer questions to the best of your ability, you'll be fine. Sales is also important in a job like this, you will most likely be cold calling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project that you recently worked on and what role you played. Have you ever worked in a sales position before?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Interview

There was one telephonic interview to understand your motivations and technical skills. Then, called to ML office to have two interviews of one hour each back to back. There, I was given maths puzzles and technical programming-related questions to understand my fit for the job. Last round was a HR interview where salary expectations etc. was asked.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Formal interview, mostly behavioral questions, and most importantly, your ability to sell and persuade

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Interview

Phone Interview It was really brief, basically just going over my resume

Interview Questions

• Weakness and strengths No experience in wealth management, then how can you use your previous experience in this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Emailed resume, heard back within two weeks. Initial interview via phone second round was one on one. Technical and behavioral questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What an efficient portfolio of investments would look like.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me how many gas stations there are in the United States   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First Round-Interviewed with a VP. Mostly behavioral questions like talk about yourself, difficulty in teamwork, but also some basic questions in Finance and brainteasers in Statistics. The interview took about 30 minutes. Final Round- Got the chance but have not taken yet