Merrill Lynch Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

TFA Program- Reationship Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

still in the process. in person interview first. took the assessment online. phone interview with recruiter, who did not know what i was interviewing for really, which really threw me off. then had phone call with original interviewer discussing the phone interview. not sure if I'll make it to the next step, but I do know I need to create a business plan and meet with another manager in the firm. then there would potentially be a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • just graduated from college, with little experience, so most difficult question was what contacts and connections do I have to draw from?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Quick and easy, basically all about fit. Just asked me about my background, met the team and learned what they do. The annoying thing is that the onboarding process takes a couple of weeks so the start wasn't immediate. The pay as an intern comes out of the team's pocket so they have to like you.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2014.

Efficient application and interview process. Interviewer has clear vision of what is wanted in intern and compounds questions to get holistic sense of interviewee's experience and skills; culture fit is also balanced into questions.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.

PMD Financial Advisor Program Interview

interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2014.

I applied online and my first step was being contacted to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, you have an interview with the director. Then you meet with 4 -5 different FAs and interview with each one. And lastly you meet with the director one more time at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Name some of your greatest achievements with sales at your current job (I am a personal banker currently)   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You have to go through numerous interviews including phone to a 3 person panel interview. All they are trying to do is to figure out how good your network is and if you will be able to be successful with your network. If not, they share there concerns and may try to have an existing FA sponsor you to help you along but that is solely based on whether or not the FA wants to sponsor you. Also, you must create a business plan that they approve for the markets you will target and how you will target them. The plan must have to potential to be worth 30 million dollars worth of assets.

Interview Questions
    • if you go into a doctor's office and the secretary tells you that he is not in, but clearly he is, what would you do to get in touch with him or make contact with him?   Answer Question

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

They start with a call then go into another phone interview in which they will ask you to pretty much write everything you say and email it back to them. Then you have a face to face

Interview Questions
    • They want you to be able to generate 10 million AUM in your first year, no pressure right?   Answer Question

I did not want to work under a 10 million AUM or be fired stress conditions

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2012.

Very easy interview. Great on-boarding process. Everything was very streamlined. I applied online though my university campus recruitment. I first had a phone interview and then an office visit. Questions were typical, not hard, as it was just for an internship.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

took around 2 months, but I wasn't in a rush, took a practice fiat exam and had to pass a background check before actually being able to move past the first round. Currently awaiting the second round.

Interview Questions

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!