Merrill Lynch

2.8

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in February 2014.

Honestly I have no idea why this was so laid back. The internship was just for a semi-clerical position, but it was still wealth management at Merrill Lynch. Basic questions about myself, what I like -- basically trying to see if I was a fun enough person. No math or case questions. All fit questions.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Recruiter vetted me and made me take online tests after which landed me an in person interview in which they hired me on the spot. They want aggressive people who can cold call.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I submitted my resume and received a phone interview promptly. There were two separate phone interviews which contrasted from each other. They lasted around 10 minutes each. Discussed the importance of cold calling and why you would be interested in Merrill Lynch.

Trading Analyst Interview

Assessment centre:
    - Numerical test: very difficult, much more than typical online test
    - Group exercise: analyst investment opportunities for a fake bank; the exercise was followed by a presentation to the fake bank's board of directors.
    - 1:1 Presentation: Investment in either stocks/bond or sector
    - 3 1:1 interviews: both technical and competency based.

Spring Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2012.

Standard Online Applications with CV and Covering Letter, then was invited to a numerical test which was a standard PSL one. I then was invited to an interview a couple months later which was over the phone. It was a very straightforward process. HR were very diligent and I received an update a few weeks after the process.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

It was a very informal interview. A lot of behavioral questions. Mostly spoke about my cold calling experience and how I would be able to get clients in the door for them. Cold Called an alumni to get in the door to do a spring internship. Then took about 5 weeks to get back to me and I accepted on the spot. Overall a positive experience.

No negotiation

Job Related to the Chief Operating Officer Interview

They first hire an external HR to conduct a dynamic interview (with other candidates). After this phase, you talk to the BAML HR analyst. Finally, they place an interview with the COO.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, however they do stick to what you say in your resumé, so they want to know how you improved the process of your last/current job, since it's a COO internship job related.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2013.

overkill, took way too long, interviewed with three mamagers. more interested in what business you can bring in, friends, family etc. because most dont make sales goals. Very munc like the life insurance model. I was not impressed with any of the hiring managers - very average people despite reputation

sterile

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's recruiting through their online system. I had a first round of interviews on campus, then was invited to visit onsite (in New York). I had a couple interviews onsite, had to take a written test where they asked some questions like where I see the future of technology in banking.

Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2011.

Applied through school career website, was contacted to interview shortly after. The interview was at the Merrill Lynch office with human resources and the interview was a standard fit interview. They actually emailed me 3 questions that they would ask during the interview so I prepared answers ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What are 3 goals you are looking to attain from this internship?
      2. What is it about the financial industry that appeals to you the most and why Merrill Lynch?
      3. What qualities do you believe are necessary to be successful?

Answer Question
    None, at the time this was an unpaid internship