Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very friendly senior management, questions more focused on markets. Basic technical questions were asked, not too difficult. Group discussion had nothing to do with finance. The whole process took 6 hours. Networking during free lunch.

Interview Questions

• If you had 1 million USD how would you invest it today?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Charlotte, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty intense but overall management tried to make you feel comfortable while asking appropriate questions to see if you were compatible with the job as well the culture of the office. I met with hiring manager, then office manager, then employees. The process was pretty intimidating only because you are trying to impress the managers. The management team was great in helping you feel comfortable. They joked around a little to out you at ease but were very professional. Love this company!

Interview Questions

• What past experience will prepare me for this role?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

Multiple round interview. First interview was over the phone about my previous work experience. Second in person interview was more technical. Hired 10+ interns that summer. Interviewed with an associate and analyst.

Interview Questions

• Why interested in Wealth Management? Explain what a bond is? Explain what a stock is? How do you measure volatility in a market?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

basic standardized corporate interview starting by one on the phone to qualify for in person questions partially based on knowledge and a little about ambitions and personality. Some questions were obviously culturally biased.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews which were very to the point. They asked a lot of critical thinking questions instead of trying to get to know who I was. They asked a few questions about who I was but the interviewer was fairly unorganized and all of the interviews were poorly structured.

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The process for the review began with a general phone interview to screen you for any past experience and to get a feel for your conversational skills. Depending on your background and how it applied to customer service and finance, they will move forward if you have the qualifications or a referral. The interview consisted of 2 rounds: One with the Customer Relationship Managers and another with your potential advisors if they are available.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions they ask are about where you see yourself in the company, how well you do under pressure and a lot of background/experience questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch in December 2011.

Interview

Typical interview. Spoke to a few people during the first round. Followed by a super day where there was a quiz for numerical proficiency and language proficiency. Followed by a few more interviews after that. Offer received a few weeks after the final round of interviews.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Met directly with the VP I would be working under as well as the current marketing intern that I would replace. Hardest question: I had to find something in my bag to "sell" to the VP. He would counter and I had to convince him to buy my cell phone

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Fullerton, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

My interviewer greeted me at the door and wanted to learn my personality and qualities right away. He was friendly and gave me an honest opinion about the summer intern opportunity. Said it wasn't for everyone, the position required me to take an interest in sales and cold calling. I appreciated the honestly.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring into the company this summer and why should I hire you   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Pasadena, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

two interviews follwed by offer. I had worked at another office location previously so i had a couple connects already at the office. Was well experienced with the platform or similar platform

Interview Questions

• past client relationship experience   1 Answer