Merrill Lynch Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2014.

Still in the interview process, its a five step process from taking a quiz to talking to the managers. They are very detailed and they are.looking for sales experience most especially and the ability to bring in high net worth clients, make sure you have that ability, they give you ample time to study and prepare for the licensing exams.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2012.

What was one of your failures? How did you overcome? All very generic and easy. There is a behavioral and math test that you must take before you can exceed to an interview but you can take that at home. The interview and hiring process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate since I was paid on the highest paying scale for a PMD which is capped at $75,000 at Merrill Lynch

PMD Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Got referred from an employee from a different department. Initially I was given a standard test followed by a phone interview shortly after submitting application. Then I was told a Client Associate would be a better fit for me. The second step was a in person interview two weeks later with several financial advisors. Overall it was not stressful.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class, what was your least favorite. Typical behavioral questions- Why Merrill? Why Finance? Where do you see yourself in five years? Talk about Adversity?   Answer Question

FA/PMD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2013.

I was oven the chance to interview, and I found that the company was a great fit for me. I went through the steps, and ultimately accepted the job. The office was very inviting, and the managers were very professional.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Initial contact was made via telephone after a recruiter notice my resume posted on Monster.com. We had a brief conversation about my work history, professional goals and expectations, and a few personal questions. Overall it was pretty easy. Shortly after the phone conversation, I was asked to come in for an interview with the CEO and CFO. The interview was very similar to the one on the phone.I believe it was more about my personality because I was extremely qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic... strengths, weakness, skill set, computer competency, etc.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2011.

The interview process is very simple. If you sell yourself, you explain that you are willing to cold-call extensively, and that you are eager to get out and get clients they will hire you. Make sure you are dressed to impress and be confident.

Interview Questions
    • How are you NOT going to fail in this business like the rest?   View Answer
    No negotiation as they gave me the "maximum" for my status.

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied online, going through the interview first is a phone interview and the second one is in person and the third one is in person phone interview too the interview is not very challenging and a bit technical

Interview Questions
    • How did you contribute to the consulting firm you worked in ?   Answer Question

Intern Turned PMD Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2014.

Went through vigorous paperwork and back ground checks. Basically last ten years of your life and i forgot a job i worked for when i was 16 for two days. That almost got me kicked out of the program so make sure you put down everything!

Interview Questions
    • They asked why I did not have a prospect book and it was unexpected because I was still in college at the time.   Answer Question
    First job no negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Very professional. Looking for sales people. Had to take several aptitude tests and interview with sales manager and branch manager. Must have an interest in financial service and production. Ability to sell the interview on hiring you would be a real plus. Take an interview at some of the small firms first to build up you interviewing skills. And above all, at the end of the interview politely ask for the job and give 3 reasons why they should hire YOU.

Interview Questions
    Have another offer in hand so that you can be confident negotiating.

Registered Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2012.

I interviewed at the Merrill Lynch in Alexandria. They made me feel like I was such a great fit for the position. I had to wait around to be interviewed, because someone had a kid that was sick the night before. The first person that interviewed me also answered their cell phone during the interview. Very unprofessional. I met the advisor that I would be working with too. No personality.