Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Trusts & Estates Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Pennington, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

You have an initial phone screening with an interviewer that apparently is with "Bank of America Merrill Lynch." If that is successful you move on to the next phase.

You go in and sit down with two senior employees and discuss some of the jobs and some questions about the job. You then sit down with a senior manager who basically sits there and makes you do all the work. The second interview with the senior manager really is kind of awkward as her answers are very terse and she seems the exact opposite of the employees who sat down with you before.

Interview Questions

• How have you been detail oriented in the past?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe when you used communication in a previous role?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Team Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The process approximately took about 2 weeks. There are two assessments. Initial interview for screening with the recruiter then the interview with the hiring manager based on assessment results. Be ready to talk about your lending experience, goals, and accomplishments. Also, have an example ready to provide about how you were able to coach/influence someone to get what you need them to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were able to convince someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic questions walking through resume, talking about myself and some experiences I have had. Nothing crazy in terms of brain-teasers or thought provoking questions. I did not know what to expect as this had been my first interview.

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Hopewell, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based interview where you sit before a panel of three interviewers who have a generic packet of interview questions to streamline the interview process. Following the interview, you are entered into a pipeline, from which they select candidates for various jobs based on the different needs of the departments

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Davis, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Called by a team manager, had an over the phone interview for 25 minutes about what his team did, what he was looking for, etc.

A typical excel- jockey job for fundamental analysis buffs. Sent in an application for a position in SF, and he said my resume was essentially passed around by the recruiting office, where he picked it up.

Interview Questions

• "Would you rather have all the gold in the world, or all the assets?" (The Warren Buffet question)   Answer Question
    • How would you persuade a client to use your recommendation in a portfolio?   Answer Question

Summer Insight Week Interview

Interview

On line application. Numerical reasoning test. They called me after 4 days to invite my the a first round interview. The interview was scheduled a week after. They changed the interview day once. Easy interview, personal and competency based questions. Walk me through your CV, tell me about a time you performed well under pressure, you work in a team... They called me after two days with an offer.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

They contacted me for an office interview. I met with everyone on the team separately. It took them one week to get back to me with an offer. Had to wait until background check and fingerprinting went through to start working. It was a very standard interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just behavioral questions like "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"   Answer Question

401k Specialist Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview that included the simple questions; tell me about yourself, why are you interested in this job. After you show interest in the job and are confident, then they invited you to an in person interview at their Jacksonville campus.

Interview Questions

• Fairly simple, but they ask if you understand options. They will refer to a company option plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview with two directors. Most are behavioral questions with focus on the resume. The only tech question is how would you invest with one million dollars. They look nice and smile all the time. Most of the interviewers are directors/ md. Be prepared to face two at the same time.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward behavioral stuff. Talked with the senior FA for 30 mins about my resume, he asked me to walk him through it. Then he asked what i knew about merrill lynch and then we talked a for a bit about the markets. He said he'd contact me in a couple days and i got a call a couple days later with an offer.