Merrill Lynch

Relevance Date Difficulty

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

GWIM Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – First, there was a phone interview with someone in HR (recruiter for the program), and a couple weeks later I got an email about another phone interview with a hiring manager. This hiring manager was the same one that I worked for as a summer analyst.

Both interviews asked similar questions about past internship experience and working as a team.

Interview Question – Most questions were about past experience and behavioral questions to get a sense of work ethic, teamwork skills.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

PMD Financial Advisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2014.

Interview Details – Took an initial FIAT exam with about 30 math/economics questions and a logical exam with about 25 questions. Phone screening from a VP Staffing Consultant then a phone interview with a Senior FA at the branch. Submitted business plan. In-person interview with the PMD Coordinator.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – I passed the phone screen with flying colors and am STILL waiting for the office to call me in for an interview. It's been 7 weeks. They're allegedly "working through a backlog".

Interview Question – Still waiting for the interview call!   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was a great interview experience as management knew what they were looking for and very clear of their expectations for the job at hand.

Interview Question – Why Merrill, why now despite the negative press?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Operations Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2011.

Interview Details – An internal post was announced that a position was available.

Interview Question – Please answer this math question?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate much. They did not have the "room" to move up or down in regards to salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Bloomfield Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2010.

Interview Details – Through mutual family friend I was connected with a senior advisor at ML. I held one interview with this individual to discuss their goals for my internship, my interests, my knowledge of personal finance and the industry in general, and my studies.

Interview Question – Describing my knowledge of the financial industry and my understanding of the recession that our economy was going through at the time (this was during the worst of the recession).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer for the internship. My supervisor was very flexible about vacation/personal time and hours.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – Interviewer was very serious. Asked a lot of good questions.

Interview Question – No unexpected question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – I applied through the school portal and was contacted to set up an interview within a week. I had a group interview where they asked mainly behavioral questions (nothing unexpected). The process was very fast, and they got back to me within a week after the interview--did not receive an offer, but the interview process was simple and fast.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult--all behavioral.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very lengthy, but friendly and easy.

Interview Question – How do you deal with failure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I'm a good salesman.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in November 2010.

Interview Details – Ok, took a finance test.

Negotiation Details – Took a few months to negotiate the offer.