Merrill Lynch

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.8

Assistant Vice President FSA Interview

you applied through online and recruiter will contact you if they are interested in you. After you set up phone interview, you will meet one and one interview with Hiring manager and do interview, such as introduce yourself, your resume and work experience.

TFA Program- Reationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

still in the process. in person interview first. took the assessment online. phone interview with recruiter, who did not know what i was interviewing for really, which really threw me off. then had phone call with original interviewer discussing the phone interview. not sure if I'll make it to the next step, but I do know I need to create a business plan and meet with another manager in the firm. then there would potentially be a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • just graduated from college, with little experience, so most difficult question was what contacts and connections do I have to draw from?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Quick and easy, basically all about fit. Just asked me about my background, met the team and learned what they do. The annoying thing is that the onboarding process takes a couple of weeks so the start wasn't immediate. The pay as an intern comes out of the team's pocket so they have to like you.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You have to go through numerous interviews including phone to a 3 person panel interview. All they are trying to do is to figure out how good your network is and if you will be able to be successful with your network. If not, they share there concerns and may try to have an existing FA sponsor you to help you along but that is solely based on whether or not the FA wants to sponsor you. Also, you must create a business plan that they approve for the markets you will target and how you will target them. The plan must have to potential to be worth 30 million dollars worth of assets.

Interview Questions
    • if you go into a doctor's office and the secretary tells you that he is not in, but clearly he is, what would you do to get in touch with him or make contact with him?   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Program Interview

interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2014.

I applied online and my first step was being contacted to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, you have an interview with the director. Then you meet with 4 -5 different FAs and interview with each one. And lastly you meet with the director one more time at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Name some of your greatest achievements with sales at your current job (I am a personal banker currently)   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2014.

Group Interview with two FA's and one CA. Nice friendly people. Company doesn't have much to offer in terms of salary. The FA's have to personally pay you in most cases and mostly have interest in hiring interns so they don't have to pay at all. Great job only if you want to become an FA and have your own clients.

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

They start with a call then go into another phone interview in which they will ask you to pretty much write everything you say and email it back to them. Then you have a face to face

Interview Questions
    • They want you to be able to generate 10 million AUM in your first year, no pressure right?   Answer Question

I did not want to work under a 10 million AUM or be fired stress conditions

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

took around 2 months, but I wasn't in a rush, took a practice fiat exam and had to pass a background check before actually being able to move past the first round. Currently awaiting the second round.