Merrill Lynch

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.8

Assistant Vice President FSA Interview

you applied through online and recruiter will contact you if they are interested in you. After you set up phone interview, you will meet one and one interview with Hiring manager and do interview, such as introduce yourself, your resume and work experience.

TFA Program- Reationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

still in the process. in person interview first. took the assessment online. phone interview with recruiter, who did not know what i was interviewing for really, which really threw me off. then had phone call with original interviewer discussing the phone interview. not sure if I'll make it to the next step, but I do know I need to create a business plan and meet with another manager in the firm. then there would potentially be a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • just graduated from college, with little experience, so most difficult question was what contacts and connections do I have to draw from?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

Global Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Had one interview with the head FA. He was very interested in my customer service experience and asked whether I had ever cold called. He liked my tech and writing skills as well. No technical questions. Was a lot more relaxed than I expected. Most importantly, you should be confident and eager.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the CEO? Walk me through your resume. Have you ever cold called?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

I was referred by former employee and passed several screens (i.e. phone interviews) before being scheduled for a face-to-face interview with local manager. Further group interviews were to follow if I passed. He asked me to sell him on why I am a high achiever and to explain why I had left my former job. None of my answers impressed him, which was fine. However, his tone and line of questioning I found to be mean-spirited. I have experience on both the sell side (working for companies such as Merrill Lynch) and the buy side (as a client of companies such as Merrill). I have worked with some of the best people in the business and some not-so-good. This manager's professionalism did not rank high in my experience.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Quick and easy, basically all about fit. Just asked me about my background, met the team and learned what they do. The annoying thing is that the onboarding process takes a couple of weeks so the start wasn't immediate. The pay as an intern comes out of the team's pocket so they have to like you.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You have to go through numerous interviews including phone to a 3 person panel interview. All they are trying to do is to figure out how good your network is and if you will be able to be successful with your network. If not, they share there concerns and may try to have an existing FA sponsor you to help you along but that is solely based on whether or not the FA wants to sponsor you. Also, you must create a business plan that they approve for the markets you will target and how you will target them. The plan must have to potential to be worth 30 million dollars worth of assets.

Interview Questions
    • if you go into a doctor's office and the secretary tells you that he is not in, but clearly he is, what would you do to get in touch with him or make contact with him?   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Program Interview

interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2014.

I applied online and my first step was being contacted to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, you have an interview with the director. Then you meet with 4 -5 different FAs and interview with each one. And lastly you meet with the director one more time at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Name some of your greatest achievements with sales at your current job (I am a personal banker currently)   Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2014.

Group Interview with two FA's and one CA. Nice friendly people. Company doesn't have much to offer in terms of salary. The FA's have to personally pay you in most cases and mostly have interest in hiring interns so they don't have to pay at all. Great job only if you want to become an FA and have your own clients.