Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.8

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2014.

First round was a phone interview. Nice and Easy. Second round is High Achiever Interview. Short and concise. ML PMD program is not as hard as their IB program. But it is well structured based on my research.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Behavioral based questions were often asked.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2014.

The interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions. I only had one interview in person, which occurred after a phone screen. The interviewers were not nice at all - I was in and out of the room in less than ten minutes, which was a very different experience than I had at any other investment bank. It seemed like they had already made up their mind.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You need to have a college degree and well connected with others, so you can develop connections and get clients. We were hired from another firm and already had an established book of business to bring. So they wine and dinned us to move.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you very personal questions about your financial history   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President FSA Interview

you applied through online and recruiter will contact you if they are interested in you. After you set up phone interview, you will meet one and one interview with Hiring manager and do interview, such as introduce yourself, your resume and work experience.

TFA Program- Reationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

still in the process. in person interview first. took the assessment online. phone interview with recruiter, who did not know what i was interviewing for really, which really threw me off. then had phone call with original interviewer discussing the phone interview. not sure if I'll make it to the next step, but I do know I need to create a business plan and meet with another manager in the firm. then there would potentially be a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • just graduated from college, with little experience, so most difficult question was what contacts and connections do I have to draw from?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

Global Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Had one interview with the head FA. He was very interested in my customer service experience and asked whether I had ever cold called. He liked my tech and writing skills as well. No technical questions. Was a lot more relaxed than I expected. Most importantly, you should be confident and eager.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the CEO? Walk me through your resume. Have you ever cold called?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

I was referred by former employee and passed several screens (i.e. phone interviews) before being scheduled for a face-to-face interview with local manager. Further group interviews were to follow if I passed. He asked me to sell him on why I am a high achiever and to explain why I had left my former job. None of my answers impressed him, which was fine. However, his tone and line of questioning I found to be mean-spirited. I have experience on both the sell side (working for companies such as Merrill Lynch) and the buy side (as a client of companies such as Merrill). I have worked with some of the best people in the business and some not-so-good. This manager's professionalism did not rank high in my experience.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Quick and easy, basically all about fit. Just asked me about my background, met the team and learned what they do. The annoying thing is that the onboarding process takes a couple of weeks so the start wasn't immediate. The pay as an intern comes out of the team's pocket so they have to like you.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.