Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Numerous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2012.

Recruiters will contact by phone or email, process initial screening, and arrange in-person interview , if appropriate

Interview Questions
    • what are the last 5 books ( author and title) you have read in the past year   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2012.

First: Generic 30 minute phone screening with recruiter. Second: Group interview with 2 managers in the department I interviewed for. Questions were general about the department and what I could bring to the team. Third: Interview with Assistant Vice President for the team, same generic questions about my expectations and what I could bring to the team. Very simple interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Just basics about past work experiences and what I am looking for in a new job.   Answer Question
    Gave me a $ and had to say yes or no.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I began the process when a recruiter found my resume on Monster. He put me in touch with the local manager.

The interview process was very streamlined. I didn't know it until later but the first interview was really the only one. I interviewed with the branch manager and once he moved me to the next level it was fairly clear I had to royally screw something up to not get a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where else are you looking? (It didn't seem tough at the time but the feedback from the recruiter made it clear)   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2011.

I applied through a contact and was pushed through quickly. I was excited at the position as I had just graduated from college. I had to take a math test prior to the interview and the test involved math (decimals) with no calculator. The test also had economics questions in it. There were also a few formula questions. The test was challenging if you are bad at math.

The interview was situational. Do not say you are a team player they do not like that because that is why I wasn't offered a job. They want you to be about yourself and not worry about anyone else. SELL SELL SELL.

They also asked a question about a man that came called in and was trying to sell all of his stocks etc. Then they asked what advice would I give him. There wasn't much background and unfortunately, I guess i asked too many questions. Was the man married? Children? I suggest that you just answer the question.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone called in and was trying to sell all of his stocks.   View Answer

Investor Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in February 2010.

I was contacted via email to apply online for the Global Wealth & Investment Management
    Investor Service Advisor – Campus Training Program. I was then contacted for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long. I was given a general description of the job, pay, and what it entails. The interviewer asked me to go through my resume and asked about my prior experience. In the end I asked her a few questions.

I was then told I would be taking the FIAT skills test at branch to move forward in the interview process. Abut a month and a half later I took the exam at a ML branch. The exam was un-timed and consisted of basic arithmetic and econ questions. It took me about an hour (mainly because I am thorough) to take the 55 question test. I was told by the woman administering the exam in the end that I passed. They do not reveal the actual score.

The final interview consists of a one on one interview with two different managers. One 30 min. interview consists of behavioral questions. The other consists of situational/scenario questions. The Managers I spoke with were very nice and informative about the real deal of the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!