Merrill Lynch Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.6

Registered Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Super comfortable interview environment. Easy question, more a get to know you type deal. One interview then job offer. Of course professional environment so dress to impress. Interview was with the recruiter and the head of the department.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with three interviewers on the phone. They were all very nice. They only interviewed 4 candidates for one slot. I did not get an offer, but they called me back afterwards and told me I had a great interview and hope I apply to work for them in the future.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little big about yourself 2. How do you feel you contribute to a team? 3. Do you like being a leader or follower better? 4. What skill sets do you feel you offer? 5. What differentiates you from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

It was easy, they really needed to find people to fill the open positions. since I had a degree and was referred by another employee, I was pretty much accepted into the job. The interview was more of a job summary.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I began the process when a recruiter found my resume on Monster. He put me in touch with the local manager. The interview process was very streamlined. I didn't know it until later but the first interview was really the only one. I interviewed with the branch manager and once he moved me to the next level it was fairly clear I had to royally screw something up to not get a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Where else are you looking? (It didn't seem tough at the time but the feedback from the recruiter made it clear)   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

First: Generic 30 minute phone screening with recruiter. Second: Group interview with 2 managers in the department I interviewed for. Questions were general about the department and what I could bring to the team. Third: Interview with Assistant Vice President for the team, same generic questions about my expectations and what I could bring to the team. Very simple interview process.

Interview Questions

• Just basics about past work experiences and what I am looking for in a new job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me a $ and had to say yes or no.

Numerous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Recruiters will contact by phone or email, process initial screening, and arrange in-person interview , if appropriate

Interview Questions

• what are the last 5 books ( author and title) you have read in the past year   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied through a contact and was pushed through quickly. I was excited at the position as I had just graduated from college. I had to take a math test prior to the interview and the test involved math (decimals) with no calculator. The test also had economics questions in it. There were also a few formula questions. The test was challenging if you are bad at math. The interview was situational. Do not say you are a team player they do not like that because that is why I wasn't offered a job. They want you to be about yourself and not worry about anyone else. SELL SELL SELL. They also asked a question about a man that came called in and was trying to sell all of his stocks etc. Then they asked what advice would I give him. There wasn't much background and unfortunately, I guess i asked too many questions. Was the man married? Children? I suggest that you just answer the question.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone called in and was trying to sell all of his stocks.   1 Answer

Investor Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted via email to apply online for the Global Wealth & Investment Management Investor Service Advisor – Campus Training Program. I was then contacted for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long. I was given a general description of the job, pay, and what it entails. The interviewer asked me to go through my resume and asked about my prior experience. In the end I asked her a few questions. I was then told I would be taking the FIAT skills test at branch to move forward in the interview process. Abut a month and a half later I took the exam at a ML branch. The exam was un-timed and consisted of basic arithmetic and econ questions. It took me about an hour (mainly because I am thorough) to take the 55 question test. I was told by the woman administering the exam in the end that I passed. They do not reveal the actual score. The final interview consists of a one on one interview with two different managers. One 30 min. interview consists of behavioral questions. The other consists of situational/scenario questions. The Managers I spoke with were very nice and informative about the real deal of the job.