Merrill Lynch

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Recruiter vetted me and made me take online tests after which landed me an in person interview in which they hired me on the spot. They want aggressive people who can cold call.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2014.

Standard Financial Comp. test, then phone interview, then in person at the complex downtown. Still awaiting next steps should be about 2 weeks before I hear anything. During the interview the first 5 minutes are silence while he looks over your "resume" it's really just a test to see if you're confident enough to let the silence sit until he speaks.

Interview Questions
    • Hard role playing in different situations. You'll need to be on your toes, to nail the interview.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Only interviewed with Complex Director and some of the Financial Advisors. I had three separate meetings over a 2 week period. The total interview process has changed. It was a much less complicated process and much more informal.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to develop a natural market in 3 years   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2014.

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Recruiter set me up with an interview in which I iwll meet the Senior Training Advisor and the Director

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2014.

First round was a phone interview. Nice and Easy. Second round is High Achiever Interview. Short and concise. ML PMD program is not as hard as their IB program. But it is well structured based on my research.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Behavioral based questions were often asked.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You have to go through numerous interviews including phone to a 3 person panel interview. All they are trying to do is to figure out how good your network is and if you will be able to be successful with your network. If not, they share there concerns and may try to have an existing FA sponsor you to help you along but that is solely based on whether or not the FA wants to sponsor you. Also, you must create a business plan that they approve for the markets you will target and how you will target them. The plan must have to potential to be worth 30 million dollars worth of assets.

Interview Questions
    • if you go into a doctor's office and the secretary tells you that he is not in, but clearly he is, what would you do to get in touch with him or make contact with him?   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2014.

Got referred to the program by a contact. Phone interview lasted about half an hour. Interviewer asked general questions (walk me through your resume, what are your goals, and etc..). Make sure to emphasize your business development skills and how good you are at selling.

After you pass the phone screen interview, you're supposed to prepare a detailed business plan on who your clients will be and how you will go about persuading them. Bring this to the first interview.

Had first round interview with one junior and one senior financial advisor at the same time. Two on one interview. One of them was one of the best producers within ML. They took turn asking questions. Sample questions include:

How would you convince your contacts, family members, friends to be your clients?
    How do you handle failure?
    How would you approach your clients and how would you source them?
    What is your goal by year 1, 2, and the end of the program?
    If a client ask "why should I do business with you?", what would your answer be?

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

had a lunch meeting with existing financial adviser, was referred to program, took an online test and then went through a round of interviews with a 3 advisers.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The Interview process was very straight forward. The manger only asked one thing of me which was "for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"

Interview Questions
    • for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"   Answer Question