Merrill Lynch PMD Financial Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

You have to go through numerous interviews including phone to a 3 person panel interview. All they are trying to do is to figure out how good your network is and if you will be able to be successful with your network. If not, they share there concerns and may try to have an existing FA sponsor you to help you along but that is solely based on whether or not the FA wants to sponsor you. Also, you must create a business plan that they approve for the markets you will target and how you will target them. The plan must have to potential to be worth 30 million dollars worth of assets.

Interview Questions
    • if you go into a doctor's office and the secretary tells you that he is not in, but clearly he is, what would you do to get in touch with him or make contact with him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2012.

What was one of your failures? How did you overcome? All very generic and easy. There is a behavioral and math test that you must take before you can exceed to an interview but you can take that at home. The interview and hiring process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate since I was paid on the highest paying scale for a PMD which is capped at $75,000 at Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2011.

The interview process is very simple. If you sell yourself, you explain that you are willing to cold-call extensively, and that you are eager to get out and get clients they will hire you. Make sure you are dressed to impress and be confident.

Interview Questions
    • How are you NOT going to fail in this business like the rest?   View Answer
    No negotiation as they gave me the "maximum" for my status.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

Easy. My connections to the branch made the process simple. Submitted resume, performed interview, completed mathematical assessment, and received offer for employment.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

had a lunch meeting with existing financial adviser, was referred to program, took an online test and then went through a round of interviews with a 3 advisers.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The Interview process was very straight forward. The manger only asked one thing of me which was "for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"

Interview Questions
    • for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

It was an employee referral so it was slightly simple than a regular hiring process. It was quick.

Interview Questions
    • To pick a salary range not knowing what you have to bring in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2014.

Took an initial FIAT exam with about 30 math/economics questions and a logical exam with about 25 questions. Phone screening from a VP Staffing Consultant then a phone interview with a Senior FA at the branch. Submitted business plan. In-person interview with the PMD Coordinator.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2011.

Multiple meetings; math and problem solving test.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you laughed/cried.   View Answer
    No negotiating. Two salary tiers offered. I got high tier and accepted. Would not have taken low tier.

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!