Merrill Lynch

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – Take assessment test. Two tests, each one is around twenty eight questions. Passed both tests, then phone interview with recruiter. Still in process. Waiting for my next interview.

Interview Question – Why You want to do this   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – You have to go through numerous interviews including phone to a 3 person panel interview. All they are trying to do is to figure out how good your network is and if you will be able to be successful with your network. If not, they share there concerns and may try to have an existing FA sponsor you to help you along but that is solely based on whether or not the FA wants to sponsor you. Also, you must create a business plan that they approve for the markets you will target and how you will target them. The plan must have to potential to be worth 30 million dollars worth of assets.

Interview Question – if you go into a doctor's office and the secretary tells you that he is not in, but clearly he is, what would you do to get in touch with him or make contact with him?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2012.

Interview Details – What was one of your failures? How did you overcome? All very generic and easy. There is a behavioral and math test that you must take before you can exceed to an interview but you can take that at home. The interview and hiring process took two weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was generic and simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate since I was paid on the highest paying scale for a PMD which is capped at $75,000 at Merrill Lynch

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is very simple. If you sell yourself, you explain that you are willing to cold-call extensively, and that you are eager to get out and get clients they will hire you. Make sure you are dressed to impress and be confident.

Interview Question – How are you NOT going to fail in this business like the rest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as they gave me the "maximum" for my status.

PMD Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

Interview Details – Easy. My connections to the branch made the process simple. Submitted resume, performed interview, completed mathematical assessment, and received offer for employment.

Interview Question – None. Behavioral questions pertaining to desire.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – had a lunch meeting with existing financial adviser, was referred to program, took an online test and then went through a round of interviews with a 3 advisers.

Interview Question – how will you build your book   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very straight forward. The manger only asked one thing of me which was "for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"

Interview Question – for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – It was an employee referral so it was slightly simple than a regular hiring process. It was quick.

Interview Question – To pick a salary range not knowing what you have to bring in.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2014.

Interview Details – Took an initial FIAT exam with about 30 math/economics questions and a logical exam with about 25 questions. Phone screening from a VP Staffing Consultant then a phone interview with a Senior FA at the branch. Submitted business plan. In-person interview with the PMD Coordinator.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple meetings; math and problem solving test.

Interview Question – When was the last time you laughed/cried.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Two salary tiers offered. I got high tier and accepted. Would not have taken low tier.

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!