Merrill Lynch PMD Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PMD Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2011.

2 interviews--not particularly difficult. Took test prior to interview.

Interview Questions
negotiate for the limit--up to $50,000 or $70,000--do not accept less, because achieving the higher results is very difficult

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2011.

online Assessment,2 phonee interviews with recruiters and 2 face to face with BOM

Interview Questions
    • How are u going to raise the assets needed to succeed?   Answer Question

PMD Interview

Preliminary phone interview: questions regarding sales experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2009.

Was called and spoke with the branch manager. Scheduled a face to face that included some tests. Then met the complex director and received an offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2012.

It was not a good experience interviewing with Merrill Lynch. Their hiring process is a mass. I had so many interviews, tests, and a business plan. It took me almost two month to hear a "NO". It is frustrating. They even did a background check on me. At that point I believed I would be hired. I prepared my business plan very well. First1 on 1 interviewer (director) didn't even spend a minute looking at my business plan. In the second interview, the PMD coach didn't even ask for it (he didn't even have my resume with him). It was a waste of my time and effort applying there. Now, I think I am happy I didn't work in that mass. I was looking into start a career, for sure not working with those kind of people. I don't know about other branches, but this Tyson's corner branch PMD coach and Director does not seem to hire quality people. I guess you just need to have a strong connection in the company or know many millionaires who would let you manage their money and already well trained even though it is a trainee position. I think I was more knowledgeable and have higher education than that PMD coach who was interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • What Target Markets would you pursue in building your practice?   Answer Question
    • What activity levels do you feel would be necessary to achieve success in your practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2011.

HR phone screen. Then an application and an HR phone interview. Then a face to face interview with the branch manager. Financial basics test and personality test. Then an additional face to face interview with the branch manager. A few discussions with Senior Financial Advisors and then and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you know that has $250,000 or more that would consider investing with you today?   Answer Question
    Not much room in negotiations. After joining I learned the max for the PMD position is $75,000

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2012.

long

PMD Interview

Straight forward, discussed business plan and how to obtain clients

PMD Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2012.

There was a phone screening, then you take the FIAT exam online, pretty easy it's supposed to take around 2-3 hours, it took me about an hour and 15 minutes. The exam asks mostly general math problems, a few TVM and a few economics questions. After passing the FIAT, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was then asked to come into the office and interview with a Financial Advisor, who told me more about the process and asked me general interview questions. After that interview, the Financial Advisor I met with asked me to speak with another Financial Advisor who worked on a team. It was a great opportunity to see the difference between working on a team or having your own practice and helped me in forming my own strategy. I was then asked to prepare a business plan. Once I submitted my business plan, I was called in for a final in person interview with the complex director. The entire process from my online resume submission to hiring took just over 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard for a financial services interview.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, this particular program doesn't really have room for negotiation. Also, your goals are dependant on your salary, so for those PMDs that wanted to begin with a higher salary, they have higher goals that they must reach to continue the program.

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!