Merrill Lynch

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2014.

Applied for the position took an assessment which included phone scenerios and you were to pick best answer, if you pass the recruiter then calls you for a phone interview, after that I interviewed with hiring manager.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2012.

It started with a lengthy application process. After a few days, I was contacted by a recruiter via email, and had to pass a skills assessment before I could proceed. The test was 55 questions, roughly 30 were math (decimals, fractions, stock splits and basic algebra), and the rest were economics, accounting and finance related. I took the test online. After that, the recruiter contacted me via telephone and pre-screened me. I was also sent paperwork for a lengthy background check.

At this time, I had to write up a business plan that sold them on how I could be successful at Merrill Lynch. They won't hold your hand for this process and it's ultimately up to you to make an attractive plan. I spoke with the recruiter one more time and then went into the branch for a meeting with the manager. This was a very difficult interview. Keep in mind, the guy you're sitting across from has been in the industry and knows what it takes to succeed. I feel I answered all of the questions pretty well, but he did ask me about the history of the company, and I didn't provide good answers (dumb oversight, on my part. Wikipedia would have made my interview almost perfect). He did not offer me a job on the spot, and no panel interview was scheduled, so I thought I was finished. He called me later in the day and offered me the position.

My one piece of advice is to realize that not all branches go through the same process. While there are a few guarenteed steps, it is ultimately up to the branch how they hire.

Interview Questions
    I had a number in mind, and the offer exceeded it. There is also amazing bonus opportunities , so don't worry about your salary.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2011.

After applying for the position online I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. After a few behavioral questions and skill checks I was told to wait to hear back. A few weeks later I received a call back and scheduled an in person interview. This interview was 1 on 1 with the manager I would report to. They asked basic behavioral questions, how I work with a team, and that was it.