Merrill Lynch Registered Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Registered Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and was scheduled for an interview before I had even put in an application online. I had three interviews in quick succession (branch manager, the department supervisor, and then the team you will be joining). After that you go through the background check, finger printing, etc. From start to offer letter the whole process took about a week.

The first interview is just a "get to know each other" thing. No tough questions, just a test of chemistry and a conversation to make sure you speak intelligently and will fit in with the work atmosphere. Second interview was a little more traditional, but still conversational. Third interview was very typical traditional "where do you want to be in 5 years" type of stuff.

BTW, I noticed on this site that when it comes to ML you are either hired immediately or you're SOL. If you're waiting more than two weeks to hear anything I'd move on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you let a client down and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Questions on how you can work in a fast pace environment and any past experience you may have with client services. Be ready to talk about all the client facing experience you have and how you can service their clients.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal client and bring us through the process from beginning to end on how you prospected them and then made a plan for them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred, but I interviewed with the client relationship manager and then the financial advisors

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed, came back for a second interview, got the greenlight following a background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was good.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Alexandria, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed at the Merrill Lynch in Alexandria. They made me feel like I was such a great fit for the position. I had to wait around to be interviewed, because someone had a kid that was sick the night before. The first person that interviewed me also answered their cell phone during the interview. Very unprofessional. I met the advisor that I would be working with too. No personality.