Merrill Lynch

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.8

Registered Client Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I was referred by an employee and was scheduled for an interview before I had even put in an application online. I had three interviews in quick succession (branch manager, the department supervisor, and then the team you will be joining). After that you go through the background check, finger printing, etc. From start to offer letter the whole process took about a week.

The first interview is just a "get to know each other" thing. No tough questions, just a test of chemistry and a conversation to make sure you speak intelligently and will fit in with the work atmosphere. Second interview was a little more traditional, but still conversational. Third interview was very typical traditional "where do you want to be in 5 years" type of stuff.

BTW, I noticed on this site that when it comes to ML you are either hired immediately or you're SOL. If you're waiting more than two weeks to hear anything I'd move on.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you let a client down and how you handled the situation.   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2013.

I was referred, but I interviewed with the client relationship manager and then the financial advisors

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interviewed, came back for a second interview, got the greenlight following a background check.

The offer was good.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2012.

I interviewed at the Merrill Lynch in Alexandria. They made me feel like I was such a great fit for the position. I had to wait around to be interviewed, because someone had a kid that was sick the night before. The first person that interviewed me also answered their cell phone during the interview. Very unprofessional. I met the advisor that I would be working with too. No personality.