Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Merrill Lynch
- Intern (56)
- Financial Advisor (46)
- Financial Advisor Trainee (44)
- PMD Financial Advisor (29)
- Wealth Management Intern (28)
- Wealth Management (14)
- Client Associate (13)
- PMD (10)
- Financial Analyst (9)
- Summer Analyst (9)
- Investment Banking Analyst (6)
- Registered Client Associate (6)
- GWIM Summer Analyst (5)
- PMD Financial Adviser Trainee (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Technology Analyst (5)
- Client Service Associate (5)
- Operations Analyst (4)
- Analyst (3)
- Senior Specialist (3)
- Global Wealth Management (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- PMD Program (3)
- PMD Trainee (2)
- Investment Associate (2)
- Global Wealth Management Intern (2)
- Investment Management Intern (2)
- Financial Solutions Advisor (2)
- Spring Insight Week (2)
- Investment Banking Associate (2)
Senior Business Analyst Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.
First: Generic 30 minute phone screening with recruiter. Second: Group interview with 2 managers in the department I interviewed for. Questions were general about the department and what I could bring to the team. Third: Interview with Assistant Vice President for the team, same generic questions about my expectations and what I could bring to the team. Very simple interview process.
- Just basics about past work experiences and what I am looking for in a new job. Answer Question
Gave me a $ and had to say yes or no.
Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch
Senior Business Analyst InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Chicago, IL) in April 2007.
There were about 6 men who came in the room to interview me, and I am female. During the course of the entire interview I felt uncomfortable and it felt like a men's network.
Reasons for Declining
They provided a glimpse into their culture and it wasn't for me. Had they thought to have at least one woman in the interview I would have thought differently. The salary offer was great, but the tone that was set in the interview was not for me.