Merrill Lynch

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was a former employee at Merrill Lynch for over 22 years as a Senior Specialist in the Equity Sales department. During my time at Merrill Lynch I experience many opportunities to be able to grow in the company. I

Interview Question – What makes you an exceptional candidate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Reasonable

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2009.

Interview Details – very easy going process, and the interview is interested in how you got the interview, and for do you know in the company.

Interview Question – on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your Excel skills   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and efficient. I was referred by an employee at the firm who forwarded it to her HR contact who then forwarded my resume to the recruiter assigned to the position. The recruiter sent it to the hiring manager who wanted to meet with me. I had one roughly hour-long interview that was very enjoyable.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation concerning clients or management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, when I received the offer, I had already received another offer at a different firm. I definitely wanted to accept the Merrill position however, but wanted to leverage my other offer so that I could receive a higher offer. It did work, and the recruiter and hiring manager were very receptive. I did not push it, I simply put it out on the table and did not ask for too much more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merrill Lynch

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merrill Lynch Senior Specialist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Merrill Lynch employees and interview candidates.