Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Merrill Lynch
- Intern (58)
- Financial Advisor (50)
- Financial Advisor Trainee (44)
- PMD Financial Advisor (37)
- Wealth Management Intern (28)
- Client Associate (19)
- Wealth Management (15)
- Summer Analyst (14)
- PMD (10)
- Financial Analyst (9)
- Investment Banking Analyst (7)
- Summer (7)
- Registered Client Associate (6)
- PMD Financial Adviser Trainee (5)
- Technology Analyst (5)
- Client Service Associate (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- GWIM Summer Analyst (5)
- Global Wealth Management (4)
- Operations Analyst (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Senior Software Developer (3)
- Senior Specialist (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- PMD Program (3)
- PMD Trainee (2)
- TFA (2)
- Investment Associate (2)
- Global Wealth Management Intern (2)
Software Developer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Frisco, TX) in October 2012.
Mostly technical questions about OO concepts and C++ basic concepts. OO questions were pretty basic but make sure you know everything about the 4 main pillars. Had a solve a question on the board in a presentation style.
- Most questions were expected. Need to know about some low level stuff in C/C++ such as Malloc Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch
Software Developer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in April 2012.
Was asked basic Java questions like hash table and binary trees.
- What happens when a hash table becomes full? 1 Answer
Software Developer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Pennington, NJ) in March 2010.
Had 2 phone interviews: one with manager; another with team lead, and one face interview.
- The interview questions were not out of the ordinary 1 Answer
Software Developer InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch.
3 interviews 1 technical, 1 language and 1 with the manager in a single day. Went to a very nice office in the middle of Tokyo. Hiring was soon but the background check was tedious
- Nothing in particular. Pretty in depth testing of Technical questions Answer Question
Did not negotiate
Software Developer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Lynch (London, England (UK)) in September 2009.
The office was impressive and while being showed round the trading floor etc at 6:00pm I saw very few people left in the building. My interviewers were mid-level developers and seemed pretty unfriendly they did however really know they're stuff. It seemed obvious that they were over worked and very tired meaning they weren't overly enthusiastic about the role. My impression is the company was mediocre and I don't think I would have accepted an offer if I had got it.
- Describe the process of Java serialization Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review