Merrill Lynch

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Frisco, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2012.

Interview Details – Mostly technical questions about OO concepts and C++ basic concepts. OO questions were pretty basic but make sure you know everything about the 4 main pillars.
Had a solve a question on the board in a presentation style.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected. Need to know about some low level stuff in C/C++ such as Malloc   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked basic Java questions like hash table and binary trees.

Interview Question – What happens when a hash table becomes full?   View Answer

Pennington, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews: one with manager; another with team lead, and one face interview.

Interview Question – The interview questions were not out of the ordinary   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – 3 interviews 1 technical, 1 language and 1 with the manager in a single day. Went to a very nice office in the middle of Tokyo. Hiring was soon but the background check was tedious

Interview Question – Nothing in particular. Pretty in depth testing of Technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2009.

Interview Details – The office was impressive and while being showed round the trading floor etc at 6:00pm I saw very few people left in the building. My interviewers were mid-level developers and seemed pretty unfriendly they did however really know they're stuff. It seemed obvious that they were over worked and very tired meaning they weren't overly enthusiastic about the role. My impression is the company was mediocre and I don't think I would have accepted an offer if I had got it.

Interview Question – Describe the process of Java serialization   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merrill Lynch

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merrill Lynch Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Merrill Lynch employees and interview candidates.