Merrill Lynch Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2014
Updated May 22, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied online, going through the interview first is a phone interview and the second one is in person and the third one is in person phone interview too the interview is not very challenging and a bit technical

Interview Questions
  • How did you contribute to the consulting firm you worked in ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Had 3 phone interviews with different departments: sales/trading, investment banking, and human resources. After that they invited me to 1:1 interview. Asked about basic questions ranging from personal to technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do with $1 millon?" "What activities are you involved besides partying?"   Answer Question

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how many gas stations there are in the United States   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First Round-Interviewed with a VP. Mostly behavioral questions like talk about yourself, difficulty in teamwork, but also some basic questions in Finance and brainteasers in Statistics. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Final Round- Got the chance but have not taken yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2008.

The interview process was very informal. The interview process was about an hour long at the most. I was asked basic questions such as your strengths and weaknesses, how well you work in teams, general questions the US economy and the markets.

Not applicable.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in November 2013.

Applied online and did the usual online test. There were 2 rounds of phone interview after the test - one for competency for the role (sales and trading) and one for the behavioural stuff. Went for a 30 minute interview at its office where they asked me to go through my resume and talked more about my motivation to join the desk.