Merrill Lynch

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – Applied online, going through the interview first is a phone interview and the second one is in person and the third one is in person phone interview too the interview is not very challenging and a bit technical

Interview Question – How did you contribute to the consulting firm you worked in ?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details – Had 3 phone interviews with different departments: sales/trading, investment banking, and human resources. After that they invited me to 1:1 interview. Asked about basic questions ranging from personal to technical questions.

Interview Question – "What would you do with $1 millon?" "What activities are you involved besides partying?"   Answer Question

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Tell me how many gas stations there are in the United States   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Merrill Lynch

Interview Details – First Round-Interviewed with a VP. Mostly behavioral questions like talk about yourself, difficulty in teamwork, but also some basic questions in Finance and brainteasers in Statistics. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Final Round- Got the chance but have not taken yet

Interview Question – Unexpected: a basic question of bond pricing   Answer Question

Ithaca, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very informal. The interview process was about an hour long at the most. I was asked basic questions such as your strengths and weaknesses, how well you work in teams, general questions the US economy and the markets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not applicable.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and did the usual online test. There were 2 rounds of phone interview after the test - one for competency for the role (sales and trading) and one for the behavioural stuff. Went for a 30 minute interview at its office where they asked me to go through my resume and talked more about my motivation to join the desk.

Interview Question – Why do you think your GPA is *** / 4?   Answer Question

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!