Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Merrill Lynch
- Intern (52)
- Financial Advisor Trainee (43)
- Financial Advisor (42)
- Wealth Management Intern (28)
- PMD Financial Advisor (26)
- Wealth Management (12)
- Client Associate (10)
- Summer Analyst (9)
- PMD (9)
- Financial Analyst (8)
- Investment Banking Analyst (7)
- Software Developer (5)
- Technology Analyst (5)
- Registered Client Associate (5)
- GWIM Summer Analyst (5)
- PMD Financial Adviser Trainee (4)
- Client Service Associate (4)
- Operations Analyst (4)
- Analyst (3)
- Senior Specialist (3)
- Global Wealth Management (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- PMD Program (3)
- PMD Trainee (2)
- Global Wealth Management Intern (2)
- Financial Solutions Advisor (2)
- Spring Insight Week (2)
- Financial Analyst Intern (2)
- Isa (2)
- Sales Associate (2)
Summer Analyst Interview
On campus interview with two directors. Most are behavioral questions with focus on the resume. The only tech question is how would you invest with one million dollars. They look nice and smile all the time. Most of the interviewers are directors/ md. Be prepared to face two at the same time.
- asked about specific details of my project on resume Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch
Summer Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferAccepted Offer
Applied online, going through the interview first is a phone interview and the second one is in person and the third one is in person phone interview too the interview is not very challenging and a bit technical
- How did you contribute to the consulting firm you worked in ? Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.
Had 3 phone interviews with different departments: sales/trading, investment banking, and human resources. After that they invited me to 1:1 interview. Asked about basic questions ranging from personal to technical questions.
- "What would you do with $1 millon?" "What activities are you involved besides partying?" Answer Question
Summer Analyst Interview
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
First Round-Interviewed with a VP. Mostly behavioral questions like talk about yourself, difficulty in teamwork, but also some basic questions in Finance and brainteasers in Statistics. The interview took about 30 minutes.
Final Round- Got the chance but have not taken yet
- Unexpected: a basic question of bond pricing Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Ithaca, NY) in June 2008.
The interview process was very informal. The interview process was about an hour long at the most. I was asked basic questions such as your strengths and weaknesses, how well you work in teams, general questions the US economy and the markets.
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2014.
Application consisted of submitting cv and cover letter online as well as filling in biographical information and qualifications. Followed by numerical and logical reasoning online testing and then competency and motivational based written questions which were submitted online. Took about 4 weeks to hear back and invite to first round interview which was done by telephone
- What is the most difficult decision you have made in the last 12 months? Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2013.
Applied online and did the usual online test. There were 2 rounds of phone interview after the test - one for competency for the role (sales and trading) and one for the behavioural stuff. Went for a 30 minute interview at its office where they asked me to go through my resume and talked more about my motivation to join the desk.
- Why do you think your GPA is *** / 4? Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.
First was an online application which involved two or three questions related to the finance industry and psychometric tests. Then there was an assessment day which consisted of 2 interviews, single and group presentation along with a numerical test. At the end of the summer internship, you are told whether you got a full time offer from any of the desks you rotated on.
- Give me an example of when you took information from various sources to come up with a solution. Draw a payout diagram if you sell a call option. Why do you want to work in an industry which has received bad press over recent years? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review