Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.4

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The interview was very short and straight to the point. I met with the two partners of the office and they asked me basic behavioral questions and spent a majority of the time telling me what the internship would be like. The partners were very family oriented and seemed as though they wanted an intern who was the same.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Merrill Lynch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic questions walking through resume, talking about myself and some experiences I have had. Nothing crazy in terms of brain-teasers or thought provoking questions. I did not know what to expect as this had been my first interview.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

They contacted me for an office interview. I met with everyone on the team separately. It took them one week to get back to me with an offer. Had to wait until background check and fingerprinting went through to start working. It was a very standard interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Just behavioral questions like "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward behavioral stuff. Talked with the senior FA for 30 mins about my resume, he asked me to walk him through it. Then he asked what i knew about merrill lynch and then we talked a for a bit about the markets. He said he'd contact me in a couple days and i got a call a couple days later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Rochester, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process what simply a phone interview, because I was away at college. Then around April ( 3 months later) I would check in to see if there was anymore news about the position. (This was because their current intern will be a junior and they are unsure if he was going to stay at Merill Lynch). The interview ended that I would be a good fit for Merrill Lynch and that they'd check in with me. I inquired about the position in early April and their current intern is staying there for his final year. The adviser said he saw nothing that I could improve upon and told me to keep in touch- College Freshman

Interview Questions

• The advisory explained to me what he was looking for in the position and how he thought I fit into it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by former employee and passed several screens (i.e. phone interviews) before being scheduled for a face-to-face interview with local manager. Further group interviews were to follow if I passed. He asked me to sell him on why I am a high achiever and to explain why I had left my former job. None of my answers impressed him, which was fine. However, his tone and line of questioning I found to be mean-spirited. I have experience on both the sell side (working for companies such as Merrill Lynch) and the buy side (as a client of companies such as Merrill). I have worked with some of the best people in the business and some not-so-good. This manager's professionalism did not rank high in my experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a high achiever?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Honestly I have no idea why this was so laid back. The internship was just for a semi-clerical position, but it was still wealth management at Merrill Lynch. Basic questions about myself, what I like -- basically trying to see if I was a fun enough person. No math or case questions. All fit questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Efficient application and interview process. Interviewer has clear vision of what is wanted in intern and compounds questions to get holistic sense of interviewee's experience and skills; culture fit is also balanced into questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked about where I would invest right now, mainly to see my interest in and knowledge of the markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview. Great on-boarding process. Everything was very streamlined. I applied online though my university campus recruitment. I first had a phone interview and then an office visit. Questions were typical, not hard, as it was just for an internship.