Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewd by Senior scientist and Principal Scientist, the interview went well and they said I did performed good and will take next step to HR and will touch base with me. I was very happy hoping i will get hired, 5 weeks over, no update. I tried to call them back and they said , at this point they are not moving with my application.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Bad weather the morning of the interview complicated things but the HR rep was accommodating and seemed to work hard to ensure things went smoothly. Spent a good deal of time on personality questions. I believe the company places a premium on teamwork and fostering a positive work place. Met with HR rep and 4 scientists for about 3hr total.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions about some laboratory techniques...ie what was manufacturer of certain equipment, etc.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager (HM) directly contacted me and scheduled a phone interview, that went smoothly. I was scheduled for an on-site interview with the HM, HR and several group members 2 weeks later - it was including a presentation. While I thought I did good at the time, everybody was extremely nice and I would have been honored to work with them, I had a "strange" feeling when I met the HM, as if he wasn't really interested in my presence there. In retrospect, I believe they had already indentified their top choice. That said, I have to admit that at the time, I did not read any "how to interview" book, and was coming straight from academia - and well, it was showing; I was unaware of many of the presently accepted Interview Rules. Best thing one can do is go buy a book on how to interview, especially if you're coming out of Academia. The interview questions were heavily behavioral, like "Tell me about a time when you ... ". The "rule" is that you should answer in <90s :).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficulty with a project and you couldn't find a solution.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about time when you had difficulty with a colleague.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail message from the hiring manager directly, who set up a phone interview a few days later. The interview was quite long (~1hr), and seemed to go smoothly, the hiring manager was a nice person. He said he was happy woth my phone interview, but because they were at the begining of the interview process, I shall hear back about scheduling an on-site interview in 3-4 weeks. only. I did not, therefore I contacted him again to see if I was still considered for an on-site interview. I never received an answer back. That position disappeared but then has recently been reposted. I have to say that I would have appreciated a simple "the position is no longer available" reply instead of no reply at all.

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrimack Pharmaceuticals in May 2011.

Interview

Series of 1:1 interviews. Company had a very positive vibe that appeared to be shared by all employees that I both interviewed with and met casually. Set up for the interview was well managed by the recruiter and I felt well informed going into the process. Senior staff members involved in the interview seemed to be less "engaged" than I would have hoped, compared to the more junior team members.

Interview Questions

• How would you secure support for your program when other programs are regarded as higher priority by senior management.   1 Answer