Merry Maids Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.3

Manager Interview

Great process with quick responses

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merry Maids in October 2013.

I was contacted via email two to three days after I applied online. This email was to set up a phone interview the following week. After a quick 15 minute interview to find out more about myself, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview two days later. At the face-to-face interview, which was much more casual in nature than other typical interviews, I was asked many standard questions about my previous experience. After the interview, I was invited to take a cognitive test on a computer. This test took roughly 30 minutes and concluded the interview process. I was notified by email the following day that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, just standard questions to help the interviewer get to know me and my previous experience.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merry Maids.

Long and drawn out. From the time I was contacted until my first day in the job was about 60 days. Several interviews including the recruiter, HR manager, regional manager, and VP of operations were done. As well as IQ test, personality tests, psychological test and mock presentation were all done. I believe the process has been tweaked since I was hired but it is still very long. If I had been offered another job before this process was completed I most likely would have taken it.

Maid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merry Maids.

Called me in for an interview that day, they asked pretty general questions, seemingly just to see how honest and reliable i'd be. The manager was applying her makeup behind her desk throughout the interview. The front desk guy (who used to own the place) sat in and asked some questions too, then they asked if I could start that day. So I did.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: "Are you okay with a pay rate of 7.65 an hour?"   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merry Maids in December 2012.

I turned in an application after seeing an ad on Craigslist and I was called in the next day for an interview. I met with the manager and head receptionist and answered questions about prior experience and reasons for wanting to work, as well as hours I wanted to work and why I would be good for the job.
    They were very friendly and receptive to what I had to say, and the office was clean but not sterile-looking.
    They sent me off after and ended up calling me to come back for orientation the next day.
    I watched educational videos and the like for initial training and after answering questions, was told I was to be hired.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodrich, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodrich, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merry Maids in August 2011.

After filling out the application online I received a phone interview asking me standard job requirement questions. After they reviewed the questions I was offered an in face interview. After I was offered the position I took a drug screen, motor vehicle check, and a background check. Once all checks came back as passing I began orientation.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was in regards to what I believed my weaknesses to be,   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merry Maids in July 2010.

Inquired about Morgan's after seeing the tremendous carpet cleaning advertisements. Presented my work experience and was interviewed for a carpet cleaning position. I was hired within a timely manner and have been an employee ever since.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with operating a Butler cleaning engine?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a schedule that allowed me to finish my undergraduate degree.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Merry Maids in June 2009.

I learned about the position in the local newspaper. I completed the application, submitted a resume, and I was called back for an interview three days later. The questions asked during the interview were quite general and focused on my reliability, trustworthiness, and honesty. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Cleaning isn't necessarily a job that everyone enjoys. Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    There was no real room for negotiation, but I was told that tips would make up for the low pay offered.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merry Maids in February 2013.

I applied to the ad that was posted on Kijiji, was called the next day to come in for an interview. Was interviewed by both owners and it seemed as if they were trying to intimidate me. (should have ran out the door right then) asked me how would I dust a table.... Kinda thought it was a joke. I was hired on the spot (guess I answered the dusting question correctly) and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me "We are a completely female staff and it can get catty, Are you catty? Will you cause drama? (again, should have ran out right then. Silly me.)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merry Maids in May 2011.

Very unprofessional.Received an e mail from recruiter(?) to schedule a phone interview at a specific time.The day and time of the phone interview..no call.Two days later I received a call from the recruiter(?).I was a bit put off that no reason for the delay was offered.Went through the 5 minute interview,3 days later a one on one interview with the "interim" branch manager.I thought I was interviewing him! Told me everything but about the position.Received another phone interview from Regional Mgr,lasted 5 minutes.No response.

Interview Questions
    • No valid questions or comments were given   View Answer