Merry Maids Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.1

House Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Concord, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I responded to an inquiry online, emailing the recruiter my resume and cover letter. I got a call the next day to "come in and apply." I walked into the office, filled out the application, and after a few questions was summarily hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience cleaning?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

seen an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring & I called them & they said to come in the next day for an interview and to fill out an application

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

House Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Acworth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was called a few days later for an "interview", if it can even be called that. I was merely given a job description to read and a paper application to fill out. The lady told me they were taking applications and someone would contact me. Didn't I already do that?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Merry Maids?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Great process with quick responses

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Meridian, ID) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via email two to three days after I applied online. This email was to set up a phone interview the following week. After a quick 15 minute interview to find out more about myself, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview two days later. At the face-to-face interview, which was much more casual in nature than other typical interviews, I was asked many standard questions about my previous experience. After the interview, I was invited to take a cognitive test on a computer. This test took roughly 30 minutes and concluded the interview process. I was notified by email the following day that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult, just standard questions to help the interviewer get to know me and my previous experience.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Long and drawn out. From the time I was contacted until my first day in the job was about 60 days. Several interviews including the recruiter, HR manager, regional manager, and VP of operations were done. As well as IQ test, personality tests, psychological test and mock presentation were all done. I believe the process has been tweaked since I was hired but it is still very long. If I had been offered another job before this process was completed I most likely would have taken it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Yuma, AZ).

Interview

Called me in for an interview that day, they asked pretty general questions, seemingly just to see how honest and reliable i'd be. The manager was applying her makeup behind her desk throughout the interview. The front desk guy (who used to own the place) sat in and asked some questions too, then they asked if I could start that day. So I did.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question: "Are you okay with a pay rate of 7.65 an hour?"   2 Answers

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Eugene, OR) in December 2012.

Interview

I turned in an application after seeing an ad on Craigslist and I was called in the next day for an interview. I met with the manager and head receptionist and answered questions about prior experience and reasons for wanting to work, as well as hours I wanted to work and why I would be good for the job. They were very friendly and receptive to what I had to say, and the office was clean but not sterile-looking. They sent me off after and ended up calling me to come back for orientation the next day. I watched educational videos and the like for initial training and after answering questions, was told I was to be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Redlands, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. They called me for an interview. First I talked to the office manager then the branch manager was scheduled for me to talk to. He explained the pay program what tthey look for in an employee. He really wanted me to understand the work is hard. I passed the background and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Normal stuff. Nothing really different than most   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodrich, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merry Maids (Goodrich, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

After filling out the application online I received a phone interview asking me standard job requirement questions. After they reviewed the questions I was offered an in face interview. After I was offered the position I took a drug screen, motor vehicle check, and a background check. Once all checks came back as passing I began orientation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was in regards to what I believed my weaknesses to be,   Answer Question