Merry Maids

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Goodrich, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Merry Maids in August 2011.

Interview Details – After filling out the application online I received a phone interview asking me standard job requirement questions. After they reviewed the questions I was offered an in face interview. After I was offered the position I took a drug screen, motor vehicle check, and a background check. Once all checks came back as passing I began orientation.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was in regards to what I believed my weaknesses to be,   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Merry Maids

Interview Details – Great process with quick responses

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, all standard questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Meridian, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merry Maids in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email two to three days after I applied online. This email was to set up a phone interview the following week. After a quick 15 minute interview to find out more about myself, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview two days later. At the face-to-face interview, which was much more casual in nature than other typical interviews, I was asked many standard questions about my previous experience. After the interview, I was invited to take a cognitive test on a computer. This test took roughly 30 minutes and concluded the interview process. I was notified by email the following day that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult, just standard questions to help the interviewer get to know me and my previous experience.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cleaner Interview

Cleaner
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Merry Maids in June 2009.

Interview Details – I learned about the position in the local newspaper. I completed the application, submitted a resume, and I was called back for an interview three days later. The questions asked during the interview were quite general and focused on my reliability, trustworthiness, and honesty. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Cleaning isn't necessarily a job that everyone enjoys. Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real room for negotiation, but I was told that tips would make up for the low pay offered.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merry Maids.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out. From the time I was contacted until my first day in the job was about 60 days. Several interviews including the recruiter, HR manager, regional manager, and VP of operations were done. As well as IQ test, personality tests, psychological test and mock presentation were all done. I believe the process has been tweaked since I was hired but it is still very long. If I had been offered another job before this process was completed I most likely would have taken it.

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
Eugene, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merry Maids in December 2012.

Interview Details – I turned in an application after seeing an ad on Craigslist and I was called in the next day for an interview. I met with the manager and head receptionist and answered questions about prior experience and reasons for wanting to work, as well as hours I wanted to work and why I would be good for the job.
They were very friendly and receptive to what I had to say, and the office was clean but not sterile-looking.
They sent me off after and ended up calling me to come back for orientation the next day.
I watched educational videos and the like for initial training and after answering questions, was told I was to be hired.

Interview Question – "What do you expect out of this job?"   Answer Question

Maid Interview

Maid
Yuma, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Merry Maids.

Interview Details – Called me in for an interview that day, they asked pretty general questions, seemingly just to see how honest and reliable i'd be. The manager was applying her makeup behind her desk throughout the interview. The front desk guy (who used to own the place) sat in and asked some questions too, then they asked if I could start that day. So I did.

Interview Question – Most difficult question: "Are you okay with a pay rate of 7.65 an hour?"   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Cleaner

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Merry Maids in July 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. informational in a group, then one on one

Interview Question – do u enjoy cleaning   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merry Maids in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional.Received an e mail from recruiter(?) to schedule a phone interview at a specific time.The day and time of the phone interview..no call.Two days later I received a call from the recruiter(?).I was a bit put off that no reason for the delay was offered.Went through the 5 minute interview,3 days later a one on one interview with the "interim" branch manager.I thought I was interviewing him! Told me everything but about the position.Received another phone interview from Regional Mgr,lasted 5 minutes.No response.

Interview Question – No valid questions or comments were given   View Answer

Worked for Merry Maids? Contribute to the Community!