Mervyns

2.7

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Mervyns.

I applied two or three times over 6 months. By the time I got called for an interview, I had forgotten that I even applied there. Initial interview was a 30 minute phone screen, 2nd interview was with a training store manager in kenner, LA. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Both interviews had all of the standard questions that you would expect from someone with prior management background.

Interview Questions
    A week after my 2nd interview, I was called by HR and offered more money than I asked for initially. I accepted on the spot.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mervyns in June 2009.

The interview was very straightforward. I was interviewed in person by the Team Lead. I was asked a series of questions to determine how I would handle different incidents in a retail environment. I was given a background check. The Team Lead was very personable and listened well and made the effort to be sure we could communicate well. She demonstrated by example the leadership skills she was seeking in new employees for the store. I was impressed by this.

Interview Questions
    • In which order would you handle these multiple incidents, a customer that needs someone to ring up their purchase, an accident in another department, a team manager who needs you to report to another department and clothing that is on the floor that needs to be picked up and detailed.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mervyns in November 2008.

Very basic and typical interview. Asked standard questions via an in-store terminal multiple choice survey. HR team was friendly and patient.

Interview Questions
    • Any question dealing with an angry or irritated customer.   View Answer
    Nothing special, they quoted a starting pay, I accepted. No negotiating.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mervyns in October 2008.

it wasn't bad. easy behavioral questions.

not really happening

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mervyns in June 2008.

I was given a background of the position over the phone and I was screened.
    Second I was invited to a tour and 1-on-1 with the Director.
    Lastly, I was invited to another interview with a two other managers.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult employee?   View Answer
    Its gone, doesn't matter anymore.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mervyns in April 2008.

Had two face to face interviews after applying online

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mervyns in January 2008.

Applied at store's kiosk & had waited over 2wks for response for consideration for employment. Mgmt. was busy which explained the delay for consideration. Received call to come in for first interview. After interview, decision was made on the spot & employment was offered & accepted. Next scheduled appt. was for orientation/training of store's policies, cash register training...

Customer Service Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Mervyns in August 2009.

Interview consisted of a group interview asking a series of questions of how to deal with angry customers, how you would solicit credit, and questions regarding your personality. Overall, the interview went well and it was an easy process.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mervyns in September 2008.

First it will be a phone interview, if they select you, then they will call you with in a week and would like you to meet one of the store manager. They will set up an time and day with the store manager. Once you meet the store manager for an interview, they will let you know next day or day after that, whether you are selected or not. If selected, you then meet with the District manager and district loss prevention manager for third interview. After that you get a call from Human resource if you get selected or not. They will ask you which day you can come in to talk about salary and benefits and then you start from there.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 2 things I like about Retail?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mervyns in January 2008.

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter with consisted of a few general questions about the posititon. Then I did a 1:1 interview with a store manager that lasted about 30 minutes answering situational questions. Lastly I did an interview with a district manager which had more situational questions. I was offered a position and took it immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a situation where you disagreed with a superior? How did you handle it?   Answer Question