Mesa Air Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.2

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesa Air.

Interview

The first interview they had to do was a video interview, you can review your answers and retype them if you weren't pleased. It was 10 questions and they were fairly easy and gave you a chance to show your personality Which I liked. The second was a phone interview as well as a interview with a few other candidates and a Mentor/ fellow flight attendant who went over minimum requirements and basic job duties as well as answer any questions you may have I never had a One on one interview before being invited to training

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mesa?   3 Answers
    • Why should we hire you? What will you bring to our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mesa Air (Dulles, VA).

Interview

I applied online and by the end of the week I received an email .on june 14, 2015 I received an email to the video questionnaire, and now will have my F2F interview tomorrow in Washington. The process with the Video Questionnaire was easy and you're allowed to have unlimited retakes until you feel comfortable. The Video process is kind of difficult because they want to see you Fullbody. I recommend having someone record your on a Ipad or smartphone. I will keep everyone updated. I will find out tomorrow if I get a job offer!!! wish me luck guys crossing my fingers

Interview Questions

• tell Mesaairline something about yourself? Who is your Rolemodel and why?   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mesa Air (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied early July 2015. I was sent the video questionnaire the next week which was very easy (you can record how many times you want , no other airline does this) about 2 weeks later I received a email about a F2F interview for the last week in July in Alanlta that I could not attend due to financial trouble. So about 2 days later I received another invite for a F2F this time closer in Dallas first week of August. So F2F was very easy and not that intense. It was about 11 other canidates interviewing with me. We started off with an ice breaker , then the flight attendant recruiter went over everything you need to know about the job & company. The recruiter was very nice and made you feel very comfortable. After the run down of the company & job title we had to do the 1 on 1 interviews. My 1 on 1 interview constisted of 5 questions (general customer service questions) and lasted about 10 minutes. I was so shocked that it was that easy and that the entire F2F process only lasted about 4 hours. I didn't know what to expect after the interview so I checked my email daily and yesterday I received the call inviting me to training in September. I'm so happy!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant? What do you like about your current job? Name a time you went over and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesa Air (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I did the online application. About two weeks later I got invited to do a video interview. Yesterday I got a email inviting me a F2F, but that's not until next month.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mesa Air (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

All in all the interview process was fun and very detailed. I have always wanted to be a flight attendant and when the opportunity came about i was more than Excited to attend. You should defiantly arrive early. Never EVER show up late to a flight attendant interview, Time management is the key role of the job thats a no brainer. when you show up to the hotel you'll be in a lobby of a hotel and wait until the recruiter come out and greets every one. my recruiter was the best might i add. then once the time comes you'll be lead into the main room where you'll be congratulated and welcomed to the flight interview process. then they will give you a run down of the company's history and mission. you'll have to sign a waver stating you meet the requirements. (hight,tattoos,convictions,training terms) ect. every one introduces them selfs and you move on. every one is then seated in the lobby agin and you'll be called depending on distance traveled. (some times not) and you'll have a one on one. you'll be asked why join mesa and what qualities you can contribute to the company. be sure to be excited and open to the experience. you'll need to be relatable and humble and confident. basically yourself once that is over you'll be told you will hear form them and thanks for you time. easy as done! i got a call less than a week later with a offer hope this helps !

Interview Questions

• what qualities can you bring to the company. please know your worth.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesa Air (DFW, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I put my application online and got an email about the video interview. I did it and got another email about f2f one. I did my f2f but haven't heard anything yet.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mesa Air (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the company and then got sent a video interview a week later i went to a interview session in Charlotte, NC with Mesa Airlines. I was the only one to show up. I was so happy. I felt great knowing i really didn't have any competition that day. The recruiter staff went over the company. She introduced her self and then told me to state my nam, where im from, and one word to describe me. After that she asked me a couple of questions and then wrote my answers on paper. I aigned some papers saying i understand their policies and guidelines. She wish me luck and told me they will look over my video interview also and then make a decision from there. I thanked her for her time and left. It lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a flight attendant? Name 3 adjectives that describe you? What would you do if you and your coworker got into an altercation while in the air? Why did you choose to apply for this position now? Do you understand the dress and groom policy?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mesa Air (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very long and difficult.Would not recommend applying for Mesa Air Group. The pay is extremely;y low among other airlines and companies. Once you complete an online assessment they will sent you an email asking you to complete an online video experience. Once completed you receive an email with the list of F2F interview sessions.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mesa Air (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was broken down into three different interviews. First it was a one way video interview, then an in-person interview with the final one being over the phone. I found out as my last interview that I was accepted to attend flight attendant school. The person who interviewed me was very kind.

Interview Questions

• What is a unique personality trait that you can contribute to Mesa?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mesa Air (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online, received an email to complete the Video interview which was super easy since it allowed you to re-record your answers as many times as you wanted (no other airline lets you do this). I also had received an invitation to attend an open group interview/information session which was being held a week after I submitted my application. This consisted of about 10 other people being led into a room where a Flight Attendant Instructor first talked about the job/company & then had us introduce ourselves & answer an icebreaker question (what age would you be forever & why). After that we all waited for a one on one interview with a member of the Inflight Recruitment team. It was a really relaxed interview, more so like a conversation with a few situational questions regarding the job. I was offered the job on the spot, but I know a few others didn't receive an offer until a few days later, so don't worry if that doesn't happen for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you went above & beyond when giving customer service. Tell me about yourself & why you'd be a good fit for this position. Are you able to relocate? (since it's a requirement) Can you adhere to the strict dress code & why/why not?   Answer Question