Mesa Air Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

1.9

Administrative/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mesa Air in January 2010.

Sat down for a Planning interview and got hired for another position. I got hired the dame time as interview, fille out an app, and got to work while I was there.

This is what we pay

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mesa Air in January 2014.

I submitted my resume with several airlines for a flight attendant position and Mesa was the first to contact me. After accepting and attending their information session in Greensboro NC, I was contacted immediately for another interview and sent to Phoenix, AZ for ground school training within 8 days. All recruiters and in-flight instructors were professional and fun to interview with, learn from and know. Ground school lasted close to 4 weeks but I was in Phoenix for close to 6 weeks before I was certified and on line. Everything came natural and easy for me and I absolutely love being a flight attendant. The best thing you can do is relax, be yourself and have fun. Ground school was a little trying at times because of other students and disorganization within management. You need to maintain an 85% average at all times in ground school but if you pay attention in class they cover EVERYTHING you are tested on. I never studied outside of class and maintained a 95% average. If you are meant to be a flight attendant this will come naturally and you will be wonderful.

Interview Questions
    • The only challenging part is being stuck with other flight attendants in training and on the line, that have bad attitudes, poor communication skills and are overall unpleasant people. Make sure you have plenty of customer service experience!!! Agreeable, relaxed, charming, competent and nonjudgmental people are needed in the friendly skies!! :) Lastly, DON'T BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT TO MAKE MONEY - it is a lot of work for a little money and those paycheck deductions don't stop even if you pay out of pocket for uniforms..   Answer Question
    You are not "hired" until you complete ground school!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mesa Air in May 2014.

I applied in Mesa Air 2 months ago and I received an OH invitation in CLT but due to financial difficulty I wasnt able to make it and they sent me another invitation for Houston OH which is 3 hrs drive away from me. I sent an email to them that confirming that I can attend so that I can reserve a seat. They confirmed and sent me my final seat confirmation.
    I arrived at Hampton Hotel 30 mins before the scheduled OH. Surprisingly, we are only 9 applicants and I was expecting like 50 or more (I base it on my Open House Interview Experiences)
    We started on time and the recruiting team are so cool (E.H. and E.V.) those are their initials. At first, we were asked to introduce ourselves and describe ourselves in ONE word and they presented the company profile, benefits, pay, aircraft, and uniform guidelines.
    After an hour and half of introduction we had a break for 20-30 mins and they started calling us 3 at a time (since there are 3 interviewers)

1st interview process:
    The inflight Manager asked us (while the 3 of us applicants standing infront of the table) HOW LONG DO YOU SEE YOURSELF FLYING? and they asked us to read the boarding announcement and do the seat belt safety demo and we went to our own interviewers to do the F2F.

2nd interview process:
    Basic questions are being asked to me such as Do you have DUI/DWI record for the past 5 years? Are you willing to relocate? are you willing to attend the unpaid training for 3-6 weeks in PHX? etc... after answering all the basic question my interviewer asked me my final question which is related to the very first question asked by the Inflight Manager which is How long do you see yourself flying and why? (they just want a elaborate answer and straight forward)

After all the process we have been told that we will receive an email within 24-48 hrs for whatever results and outcome of the interview.

On my way home back to San Antonio (while driving in I-10) after 2 hrs from the time I left the OH I immediately received an email that I am SELECTED to do the FINAL PHASE which is the FINAL INTERVIEW thru Video Conferencing (ooVoo) with the Inflight Manager.

I sent them a reply on my availability to do the conference call and KEEPING MY HOPES that I will get the JOB OFFER. I will update my post whatever the outcome of the video conference.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FUTURE APPLICANTS. I hope my experience will you go through the process.

SOAR HIGH AND FLY LIKE AN EAGLE!!!!!!!

to give me a 30 day notice to my current employer before I will start the training

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Mesa Air.

The process is very simple. First, you receive an email to schedule a date for a video interview through Oovu video chat. The interview is pretty standard and just answer questions about yourself and keep it short.

Interview Questions
    • Usually its the question about why do you want to become a flight attendant. Answer honestly and always know the exact reason for why you are applying.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mesa Air in December 2013.

Submitted online app, received email invitation to OH in PHX approx 2 wks later. At the OH everyone goes up in front of group and introduces themselves- their name, where they're from, and why they want to be a FA. Then break, after that we are called into a room by ourselves where you do a f2f interview with 1 recruiter. Basic questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly simple- why you want to be a flight attendant,3 adjectives to describe yourself, can you follow the hair/makeup guidelines, would you have a problem working these hours. Afterwards they said we would receive an email, could take up to 6 wks. It has been 3 wks haven't heard anything yet. If we pass f2f, recruiters said we will get an email to do an online interview with company.   View Answers (2)

Customer Service/Ramp Agent Interview

Showed up, got the job.

Interview Questions
    • wasn't really an interview more like when can you start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mesa Air in September 2013.

I started applying back in January of 2013, I have received an invitation here and there but couldn't go at that moment due to my financial situation. I was astonished when I received an invitation for an interview in Myrtle beach and it's like two hours away from home. Their respond was very quick within the next day.

When I got to Myrtle beach there were only 6 of us who actually showed up, not including the ones who were delayed because of their flights. Our recruiter was super friendly and very helpful. high five for Kavita Doshi. anyway we waited for about almost 40 minutes due to we were still waiting for the other applicants and after 40 minutes we just went ahead to the conference room. started introducing each other in front of everyone, the recruiter (kavita doshi) talked about the mesa airlines CEO, History, lifestyle, pays, locations, benefit and perks. that went on for about almost an hour. after the presentation we were instructed to wait outside of the conference room and that was when the 1:1 started. The recruiter called us 1 at a time to go in the conference room to do the 1:1 interview. some of us went on for almost 45 minutes and I had my interview for about 30 minutes. it took all day for 6 of us on that interview. after the interview we had to leave the room.

I did not expect to get the result right away because we were told it could take up to 2-3 weeks or so but the next day not even 48 hours I got the email from them about the final phase. I had to reply to the email to make an appointment for the final phase and within the same week I got the final phase with the inflight manager on Oovoo for those who can't travel to go for the final phase. The final phase took me for about half hour. The same day I was asked to logged back in by the inflight manager and I was offered for the flight attendant position. I received a lot o updates from the airlines such as job offer, initial training packet, and class date. I am now just waiting for the day to fly for my training in Phoenix, AZ this coming october 21st, and I am very pleased of over all processing, the recruiter is such a sweetheart and Pearl Norton is very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a passenger who cannot speak or understand your language?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mesa Air in October 2009.

They give you information about the company, tell you how great CEO Jonathan Orstein is, and let you fill out the job application, interview you the same day with about 5 easy questions. They pretty much hire everyone who isn't a felon. No consideration is given to physical condition or age.

Interview Questions
    • You must answer questions about criminal history accurately, they will pull people from training class if they later find criminal history to be inaccurate from originally reported on job application. Be Honest, very honest!   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase, you get what they give you, minimum wage.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Mesa Air.

Applied online then got an email saying to attend a session in CLT. Me and 4 other people waited in the lobby 15 minutes after the scheduled interview time. Finally a lady came and took us upstairs to a meeting room. Gave us an overview of the company and our "tuition free" training. Then sent us back downstairs for about 30 minutes.
    Separately interviewed with 3 different people. Basic questions. They all asked the same thing and I felt awkward giving the same answer. After it was all over they said they would contact me with either a yes or no and a couple months later I haven't heard a word.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to follow the hair and makeup guidelines and Why?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Mesa Air in April 2013.

Applied online. Received response within 24 hours and invited to 1 of 4 open houses. there was an hour long presentation with 2 of the companies flight attendants/recruiters. roughly 10 of us showed up. 1 on 1 interviews began around 11am. they called us in alphabetical order by last name after interviewing all of the ones who flew in and had early flights out. my interview was conducted around 3:30pm. open house began at 9am. i was then told that i would here from them anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks. I actually heard back within 72 hours letting me know i had made it to the final phase. final phase is the final interview of which you can fly into north carolina, video conference or conference call, they also allow you to choose the day you would like the final interview. i chose conference call. the conference call was in 2 parts in the same day. by this time they had contacted my references. i was offered the position by my second interviewer, sent a conditional offer email as well as a new hire training packet with all of the information i will need to pass my flight attendant entrance exam on the first day of training.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase.... offer is take it or leave it

Worked for Mesa Air? Contribute to the Community!