Mesa Air Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.0

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mesa Air in April 2015.

Interview

It was the easiest interview process that I've been through. I filled out the application online. A couple of days later I was asked to do an online video questionnaire. About a week later I sat up an Ovoo and phone interview. The Ovoo part was more of an information session. It was another young lady and myself. She then called us individually for the one on one interview. It was an easy interview and I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?
      What are three adjectives the your last employer would use to describe you?

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mesa Air in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I was offered an one way interview. I finished up yesterday but I really want to know is why did they resented the video process again this morning, if I completed it yesterday?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What is customer service to you?
      What made you apply for the flight attendant position here at Mesa?

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mesa Air.

Interview

I heard about the airline through Pan Am International Flight Academy in which I attended to learn to be a flight attendant and to get a certification. I applied maybe almost 2 weeks now since I've been home. Last Wednesday, Mesa Air sent me an email to do the video questionnaire/interview. I was just wondering has anyone done it? How long did you have to wait back for a response as far as if you're invited to training? I am still waiting to hear back from them. Gonna remain hopeful and prayed up that I get invited to training. Any Mesa Air Flight Attendants or some who had interviews with them as well are more than welcome to give me any feedback or advice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Mesa Air?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mesa Air (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Quick easy but they were desperate. They make it seem better than it is. Good place to start but its just that, a place to get your foot in the door

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mesa Air (Dulles, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Different than any other Airline. First you apply and do a video interview. If you are selected to move forward then comes the open season in which you learn about the company, have a one on one or group interview wih a recruiter, read a PA announcement and demonstrate fastening a seatbelt.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mesa Air (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied in Mesa Air 2 months ago and I received an OH invitation in CLT but due to financial difficulty I wasnt able to make it and they sent me another invitation for Houston OH which is 3 hrs drive away from me. I sent an email to them that confirming that I can attend so that I can reserve a seat. They confirmed and sent me my final seat confirmation.
    I arrived at Hampton Hotel 30 mins before the scheduled OH. Surprisingly, we are only 9 applicants and I was expecting like 50 or more (I base it on my Open House Interview Experiences)
    We started on time and the recruiting team are so cool (E.H. and E.V.) those are their initials. At first, we were asked to introduce ourselves and describe ourselves in ONE word and they presented the company profile, benefits, pay, aircraft, and uniform guidelines.
    After an hour and half of introduction we had a break for 20-30 mins and they started calling us 3 at a time (since there are 3 interviewers)

1st interview process:
    The inflight Manager asked us (while the 3 of us applicants standing infront of the table) HOW LONG DO YOU SEE YOURSELF FLYING? and they asked us to read the boarding announcement and do the seat belt safety demo and we went to our own interviewers to do the F2F.

2nd interview process:
    Basic questions are being asked to me such as Do you have DUI/DWI record for the past 5 years? Are you willing to relocate? are you willing to attend the unpaid training for 3-6 weeks in PHX? etc... after answering all the basic question my interviewer asked me my final question which is related to the very first question asked by the Inflight Manager which is How long do you see yourself flying and why? (they just want a elaborate answer and straight forward)

After all the process we have been told that we will receive an email within 24-48 hrs for whatever results and outcome of the interview.

On my way home back to San Antonio (while driving in I-10) after 2 hrs from the time I left the OH I immediately received an email that I am SELECTED to do the FINAL PHASE which is the FINAL INTERVIEW thru Video Conferencing (ooVoo) with the Inflight Manager.

I sent them a reply on my availability to do the conference call and KEEPING MY HOPES that I will get the JOB OFFER. I will update my post whatever the outcome of the video conference.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FUTURE APPLICANTS. I hope my experience will you go through the process.

SOAR HIGH AND FLY LIKE AN EAGLE!!!!!!!

Negotiation

to give me a 30 day notice to my current employer before I will start the training

Crew Scheduler/Tracker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mesa Air (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied two months before I got a call for the interview, once I started my interview they asked the standard questions, went over the resume, then asked the personal questions. What are your goals, what do you plan to do while you're here, etc. Once the questions were dealt with and answered, they had me step into the SOC and get a feel of where I would be and sat me down with a tracker who demonstrated what everything looked like, how to do it, etc. but none of it made sense. After they sat me down they walked away and apparently discussed whether I was going to be hired or not. Within a few minutes they returned and offered me a job and gave me the in formation about when I would come back and start the process, talk to HR, and get my badge. HR was very disorganized and he made it clear he was working hard but working alone so to be patient. We were supposed to be there for 1-2 hours to fill out paperwork and ended being stuck there for 3 and a half and didn't have the process done 100%.

Interview Questions

• Can you work up to 12 hour shifts with no designated lunch break?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mesa Air.

Interview

The process is very simple. First, you receive an email to schedule a date for a video interview through Oovu video chat. The interview is pretty standard and just answer questions about yourself and keep it short.

Interview Questions

• Usually its the question about why do you want to become a flight attendant. Answer honestly and always know the exact reason for why you are applying.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mesa Air in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume with several airlines for a flight attendant position and Mesa was the first to contact me. After accepting and attending their information session in Greensboro NC, I was contacted immediately for another interview and sent to Phoenix, AZ for ground school training within 8 days. All recruiters and in-flight instructors were professional and fun to interview with, learn from and know. Ground school lasted close to 4 weeks but I was in Phoenix for close to 6 weeks before I was certified and on line. Everything came natural and easy for me and I absolutely love being a flight attendant. The best thing you can do is relax, be yourself and have fun. Ground school was a little trying at times because of other students and disorganization within management. You need to maintain an 85% average at all times in ground school but if you pay attention in class they cover EVERYTHING you are tested on. I never studied outside of class and maintained a 95% average. If you are meant to be a flight attendant this will come naturally and you will be wonderful.

Interview Questions

• The only challenging part is being stuck with other flight attendants in training and on the line, that have bad attitudes, poor communication skills and are overall unpleasant people. Make sure you have plenty of customer service experience!!! Agreeable, relaxed, charming, competent and nonjudgmental people are needed in the friendly skies!! :) Lastly, DON'T BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT TO MAKE MONEY - it is a lot of work for a little money and those paycheck deductions don't stop even if you pay out of pocket for uniforms..   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are not "hired" until you complete ground school!!

Customer Service/Ramp Agent Interview

Interview

Showed up, got the job.

Interview Questions

• wasn't really an interview more like when can you start.   Answer Question