Mesirow Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Mesirow Financial in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Dec 2013, didn't get a call until beginning of Feb 2014. I had forgotten that I had even applied. Once I got the call, they wanted me to come in the next day. I came in, had the interview I thought it went well. Got a rejection email but they still called my references after I had already been rejected.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected, things went normal.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mesirow Financial in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview screen with HR
Phone interview screen with Senior/VP Business Analyst
In person interview with COO and Senior/VP Business Analyst

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions
It's clear they want someone experienced and knowledgeable in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Consultant Interview

Research Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mesirow Financial in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Started with the phone screening by 2 people. Very nice people on the phone. Both were senior people and very professional.

2. Then comes 1st face to face interview, one of the interviewer was more of a business developer and the 2nd was a researcher. They both were exceptionally cordial, very polite, objective and focused. The office is new and super nice. They explain in detail what the job is. Then comes the Christmas break, so, I spent those 2 weeks to nail the problem and basically solved the issue they discussed.

3. Then comes the 2nd face to face and I gave them the demo. I got a few appreciation, and the usual stuff.

I did not get the offer, not sure what the reason was, but I was told that I did not have the business development experience, well, this was not a requirement in the job description, it was not an issue in the phone screen, it was not an issue in the 1st face to face and it did not come up in the 2nd face to face. I was very very open about my skills, expectations and my way of working from the very start, so, there are no surprises later.

Overall I felt that they wasted my time and they seemed not too sure what they wanted, I should have not gotten as far in the interview process as I did because I never stood the chance I feel. Great people to talk to, but I expect a hard objective interviews for the job that I was seeking.

Interview Question – There were no real questions, it was just getting to know me in pleasant exchange of ideas. I made a presentation and there was no major question or concern there either.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mesirow Financial in January 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was contacted by HR for an initial phone interview. The questions were relatively straight-forward, although one did throw me off script.

About 2 to 3 weeks later, I was contacted to come in for an on-site. During that, I met the HR person who reiterated some of the phone interview points. Then I met with my potential manager, and their boss, in succession. The interview with the manager revolved around the position specifics and was pleasant and professional. The direct manager's boss was a little less formal. The boss interview was also less typical, as questions probed for insights on my character, and personality. I also felt the boss's demeanor was meant to throw me off (boss appeared to be overly casual, swore a couple of times, and referred to some of the work as 'boring').

Overall, I got the impression they were looking for someone quiet, timid, and willing to accept their lot. It appeared that the biggest concern was sticking with the position for a long time. This was troubling because it means that people don't like working there for a long time, and that advancement opportunities are limited.

Interview Question – What is your strength/weakness?
What is your success/failure?
College questions, although this was for an experienced hire.
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mesirow Financial in October 2009.

Interview Details – all the questions are behavior questions. the person from mesirow is nice and open minded

Interview Question – what is your greatest weekness   View Answer

Associate (Financial Analyst) Interview

Associate (Financial Analyst)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mesirow Financial in January 2008.

Interview Details – There was one phone interview and a follow up face to face interview with two managers. Was a very formal and direct discussion about background, experience, salary requirements, etc...

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a confrontation with a co-worker.   View Answer
  • Tell us why you would be a good fit?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at that time.

Worked for Mesirow Financial? Contribute to the Community!