Messer Construction Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Messer Construction (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a brief 20 minute phone conversation to see if my work experience matched the positions needs. After that, HR gives a recommendation to the actual person that will conduct the interviews.
    The HR lady I spoke with was very nice and I felt my past experiences fell in line with the needs of this position. At the end of our conversation, She told me someone would be in touch to schedule an interview and if I had any questions to email her. Later that day, I did have a few questions, so I did as asked and emailed her. I waited over a week and had not heard back so I tried emailing again. Nothing!
    I find it rude and unprofessional to not respond to an email. If I'm not a candidate for a position tell me while I'm on the phone with you or email me back telling me I'm not. To leave people wondering if they will get a call back is rude. I was already a little leery about working for them since they are a smaller contractor with limited vertical movement. Even if I do get a call back at this point, I would probably decline.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic and in no way should be used to gage my talent and/or experience.   Answer Question

Risk Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Messer Construction in November 2014.

Interview

First interview with office manager and department manger was brief and to the point. The Second interview was lengthy taking all day with each department head, lunch with the hiring department. then, offer at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question but mission statements that were unrealistic   Answer Question

Negotiation

intimidating, but eye opening

Commercial Carpenter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Messer Construction (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Was given a series of tests to see where I placed in the trade. The interview took about two hours. He graded the test in front of me and I was given the same test 3 months later, on the job.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing I could change about myself.   1 Answer

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Messer Construction (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews with safety director, regional leaders, and other department members. Interviews are pretty extensive, and when I went through the process, the hot topic was asbestos, not sure that it would be the same today

Interview Questions

• Do I have family in the area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered me the position and a dollar number, I countered with a dollar number, they would not accept my offer and stated the offer stands as-is, I accepted.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Messer Construction in October 2010.

Interview

After attending my University career fair and talking to a Messer Construction recruiter presumably one of the Project Managers I received a call to come in for an Interview the following week to meet with the presiding Director of Field Operations. The interview itself was very typical was not very hard and the questions were basic behavioral in nature hardly nothing technical he told me he just wanted to see if I would be a good fit in their corporate cultural. My advice for the initial interview would be not stress too much questions were all behavioral and management style in nature so be prepared for that. The only awkward moment of the interview occurred when I t arrived 15 minutes early and I was shown to a huge conference and told to set any where I wanted I contemplated siting at the head of the table but thought that he might not have liked that. I was left in that conference room by myself for at-least 10 minutes maybe even the whole fifteen quite and isolated minutes before he arrived to discuss my skills interest.