Met Office

Relevance Date Difficulty

Desktop Support Interview

Desktop Support
Exeter, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Met Office in April 2010.

Interview Details – Tortuous form filling as CVs/Resumes not accepted. Had panel interview with 3 on the panel. The interview went fine until when they asked if I had any questions. I asked about promotion, salary scales, grading etc. One of the panel leaned forward and spoke to his colleague at the end of the panel, with these immortal words - "what a bl**dy good question". The man in the middle spoke about those questions need to be directed at HR so basically they couldn't provide an answer. I was very glad not to be offered a position as I wouldn't want to work at an organisation whose interviews include swearing and an inability to answer a very reasonable question. It might explain why they provide very little good weather forecasting and their climate change analysis has been called into question.

Interview Question – A sample bash shell script with errors   View Answer

Worked for Met Office? Contribute to the Community!