MetLife

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week I had a call for an on-site interview in Bloomfield, CT. The interview that day was about three hours, three interviews and lunch afterward. Everyone in the office was really friendly; it was a relaxed environment. Overall, none of the questions asked unexpected or hard, but just to get a better idea of who you are. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Question – What made you want to go into the actuarial science field?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MetLife in December 2012.

Interview Details – I sent an application through their online application system, and I got an email two months later inviting me for an interview. There were three interviews in one afternoon, all one on one. The interview questions were standard for an actuarial interview: what do you know about the profession, what do you know about Excel, why do you want to be an actuary. There were also personal questions about my hobbies. About three weeks later, I received a letter saying that they weren't considering me.

Interview Question – They asked a lot about my experiences with Excel and they wanted me to point to specific projects.   Answer Question

Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in May 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR in January for a position in the Actuarial Development program, went to Bridgewater, NJ for an on-site interview two weeks later. Was contacted by the program director a couple days after the on-site interview, and started the internship in early June.

Interview Question – If I gave you a "super" basket of lots of different good qualities, which 3 qualities would you take from the basket that you don't already have now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Starting salaries for this type of position are based mostly on prior experience and Exams passed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Actuarial Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.