MetLife Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

I applied online and within a week I had a call for an on-site interview in Bloomfield, CT. The interview that day was about three hours, three interviews and lunch afterward. Everyone in the office was really friendly; it was a relaxed environment. Overall, none of the questions asked unexpected or hard, but just to get a better idea of who you are. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
  • What made you want to go into the actuarial science field?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in December 2012.

I sent an application through their online application system, and I got an email two months later inviting me for an interview. There were three interviews in one afternoon, all one on one. The interview questions were standard for an actuarial interview: what do you know about the profession, what do you know about Excel, why do you want to be an actuary. There were also personal questions about my hobbies. About three weeks later, I received a letter saying that they weren't considering me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about my experiences with Excel and they wanted me to point to specific projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in May 2011.

Contacted by HR in January for a position in the Actuarial Development program, went to Bridgewater, NJ for an on-site interview two weeks later. Was contacted by the program director a couple days after the on-site interview, and started the internship in early June.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a "super" basket of lots of different good qualities, which 3 qualities would you take from the basket that you don't already have now?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting salaries for this type of position are based mostly on prior experience and Exams passed.