MetLife Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the local community college here, I gave her my resume and she passed it along to the hiring coordinator. Was called the next day for phone interview, was then asked to take assessment and personality quiz. The next day I called after I had finished and we set up an interview for the following day. Two person interview, very short. Said it be a few days, then they'd call. After a few days I was offered the job over the phone but the 11 week training course deterred me from accepting.

Interview Questions

The 11 week full-time required training course deterred me from accepting.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

100% unprofessional hiring processes. Consistent lack of communication and response to messages from recruiter and hiring team. No one wanted to take ownership of situations and passed the buck repeatedly, I could never get a solid answer, and they dragged the process out 4 months. Most of the time, I had to do their job for them by calling FINRA about my licenses and getting my drug test information. Not a company I would want to join after the way they conducted this process.

Interview Questions

• If talent and money were not an issue, what would be your dream job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

I was sent an e-mail from a recruiter and moved forward from there. I took a few tests online and got a phone call from 2 different recruiters. Unfortunately, the two recruiters didn't talk to each other, so the second one didn't realize that I'd already gotten a phone call. It was a little confusing for a bit until we figured out what happened. My actual interview was ok. I think that I was asked some important questions and I of course gave honest answers to them. The only thing I would have liked was some additional info on the actual job itself since I'd never worked in a call center before.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I was willing to work nights. The recruiter had indicated that I'd only work nights maybe 2-3 nights a week, but that was incorrect, so I wasn't expecting this question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. Basically, they said that this was what was available and didn't leave any wiggle room.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interviewer wanted to discuss what books I've read recently

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tulsa, OK) in October 2012.

Interview

I put in an application and received an email about 4 days later to take phone interview.. phone interview was resume explanation.. after they sent test once passed scheduled face to face interview with 2 people .. interview is tomorrow will post another update

Anonymous Employee in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Oriskany, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview went great got hired right on the spot due to having experience and knowing how to go on a interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a disgruntled customer on the phone or how would you calm them down?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Warwick, RI) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is very complicated.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Toledo, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

The process of joining Met Life is a very long. There are lots of online testing and 3 to 5 face to face interviews. In most cases you have to be referred by an agent. There is only a few true Met Life offices in each state so it is difficult to get in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in West Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (West Warwick, RI) in February 2010.

Interview

Quite lengthy and involved, but HR guides you the entire way.

Interview Questions

• Providing examples of a turning a bad customer service experience into a good one.   Answer Question