MetLife Director Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

The hiring and interview process was traditional. It included a screening interview over the phone with HR, followed by a number of interviews with the Hiring Manager, several team members and the Department Executive. The last set of interviews were in person in NYC, and MetLife did make the travel arrangements for a full day of interviews. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
  • Some technical questions regarding insurance operations and benchmarking / best practices.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Director Interview

interviewed at MetLife in November 2014.

I received a first round interview with recruiter about two weeks after applying online. I was asked mostly qualitative questions such as walk me through your resume, why this company, why the position, why I am leaving my current job, what makes me qualified for the role, and what differentiates me from other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with client experience metrics? If so, how do you calculate them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

4 different conversations each was productive and informative.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult but unexpected; what does diversity mean to me..............a bit canned   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MetLife in June 2011.

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter in response to my online application. The initial interview was with the hiring manager and a direct report. On the second day of interviews, I met separately with 6 individuals; then traveled back a third day for the last individual (who was not available on day 2, but important to the decision). None of these individuals asked any of the "HR" questions we are warned to expect. The focus of the interviews was on the integration of the operation and expectations for the role. Everyone was very courteous and helpful. The HR recruiters were very helpful and stayed involved in communication, scheduling and follow-up. In the end, they apparently convinced an earlier (in-house?) candidate to take the role. The recruiter offered to assist me in pursuit of any other position spotted online.