MetLife Disability Case Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Disability Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oriskany, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oriskany, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in June 2009.

Job fair at a local hotel. I met with managers, some of whom I knew from working at former employers. Disability case management is like that, especially in Maine where all the disability insurers have offices in or near Portland. It was a very friendly atmosphere and I chatted with two young male managers over coffee. It did not feel like a job interview. Mostly we just swapped war stories about being a disability claim manager. This was followed by a telephone interview, then a job offer a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were pretty straightforward during the phone interview which occurred a week or so after the job fair. No overwhelmingly stupid questions which was refreshing. There was a claims scenario where you had to tell them what your investigation would focus on.   View Answer
There was no possibility of negotiation on salary -- at least that's what I was told. I knew I was being underpaid and asked for additional vacation in lieu of more money and was refused that as well. Since the salary offered was more than I was making at the time, I took it anyway.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!