MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I applied through the college career services center during my senior year. The process included an initial on campus interview followed by phone and in person interviews. I was brought to the regional headquarters in Richmond and offered the position. The entire process was quick, straightforward and relatively easy. There were no brain teasers or unexpected questions. The interviews were all conducted by very outgoing HR representatives and I never actually met with another financial adviser.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and general questions: What do you do to handle stress?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter very polite and professional asking for a one-on-one interview which I accepted. The first interview went well and was asked to take the online assessment, which was rather outdated and long and to me seemed somewhat irrevalnt to the position at hand. I declined a second interview based on my acceptance of another job

Interview Questions

Wasnt what I wanted to do

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

It's pretty easy to get an interview. No prior experience necessary. You first have an exploratory interview and then after a background check which takes a few weeks you have a final interview to decide whether you would like the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Called me within days of applying

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

Sent In resume, they called me back for a phone interview. Because I was out of state for the time phone interview was accepted. He/she asked about my background, why I went to the school I selected. Then he asked me what I thought I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I choice my minor and what value I thought I could bring from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Knoxville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

I attended a career fair in Knoxville, TN and came across one of the MetLife’s recruiters. I talked with the recruiter for a few minutes told her I was interested in wanting to go into the financial service industry. The recruiter then proceeded to tell me some of the opportunities that MetLife had to offer. She asked for my resume and I received a call back from them a week later. The recruiter asked me if I was willing to have a phone interview with one of the local branch managers. After my initial phone interview with a branch manager he asked me to fill out and complete an online application as well as a virtual job tryout simulation. Roughly 2 weeks later I received a call from the recruiter again asking if I would like to schedule a second interview that would be 1:1 with District Manager. Had the interview with the DM, he asked if I would like to continue the process with MetLife and handed me a Due Diligence package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was not as formal as I thought, two of the four interviews were basic presentations about the job and the company that gave me not much new information than I already researched. You also have to take a test, but it didn't seem too difficult. The process was pretty smooth, and it was much easier than I thought it would have been.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on reaching out into your family and friends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Warwick, RI) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring an interview process consisted of approximately 5-6 months worth of Interviews, which boiled down to about 1 session every 2 weeks. There was also a lengthy psychological test which was used for the sole purpose of seeing how a candidates life skills applied to this business. After this, you would work with your interviewer on various projects in the hope of easing into the career, rather than being overwhelmed. Once the interviewer extends you a provisional offer you would then go to corporate HQ and meet with some members of senior leadership (5-8 people) in what is called Selection Committee. You would be asked an array of questions, though I have heard most of them at other interviews. Most would apply to how you would perform under a certain circumstance. Finally, the offer is given and you must earn your Life, Accident & Health Insurance Licenses as well as either your Series 6 or 7 before they officially hire you. You are also required to have an intensive Federal Background and drug test as well as write a business plan.

Negotiation

Since it is a 100% commission job, negotiation is not really needed. We can take of as much time as we please because you are not compensated for vacation or sick days. That being said if you abuse it and you are not doing your job you will lose it.

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Metairie, LA) in February 2011.

Interview

I made a sales call to an employee of MetLife who told me he liked my approach and attitude during the call and mentioned that he held his P&C license as well. Because I was unhappy with my current position and the call had gone well, I called him after work and asked his advice as to what I should do with my P&C license. We talked for about an hour and he told me to come to his office a few days later for coffee and to discuss this more. As he was a producer, I wasn't expecting an interview, just coffee like he said. When I arrived, he showed me around and introduced me to the sales director, whom I had an unexpected hour and a half interview. The interview went well enough to get called back the next week, as long as I completed the online job application and passed the Virtual Job Tryout, which took about 3 hours total. I did quite well in some areas and not so well in others of the VJT. However the total score was enough to get called back for a second interview, which I thought went well, too. Apparently it didn't, because I waited about 3 weeks and never heard anything back. Honestly, after the second interview, I wasn't too high on the position and it's safe to assume they weren't too high on me. However, I felt it was quite unprofessional to not communicate and let me know they decided to go another direction. I had been interviewing with 2 other companies during this entire time and decided to go with one of the other companies around that 3 week mark. I sent very nice and professional emails to the 2 people I'd met at MetLife and the 2 people I'd met with at the other company I decided not to go with. Within two minutes of hitting send, the 2 people at the 3rd company had replies with a 'congratulations' or 'best of luck' or 'nice meeting you', etc. I still have not heard back from the 2 at MetLife. While it's a minor issue to get hung up on, I feel it reflects very poorly on the character of their employees and doubt I will ever do business with them on account of this interaction. Yes, I am a stubborn person.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any family in the area/How many people do you know here that are in the position to invest with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife (Rochester, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me by phone and asked a few basic questions (tell me a little bit about yourself, etc.), had me take a "Virtual Job Tryout" (VJT) test which took about 90 minutes and then scheduled an exploratory interview the next morning. At that appointment I sat down with the recruiter who originally contacted me and he told me a little bit about MetLife, glanced over my VJT test results and then had me meet with their regional recruiting officer. She went into much more detail about what Metlife aimed to do for their customers as well as my VJT results. She stressed how many products and services the company offers but didn't go into much detail about any one product or service. She didn't really ask me any "technical" questions but I got the impression she was judging my reception and understanding of her presentation to me. She then had me meet with one of the offices Sales Directors and we set up an appointment for the following week. This appointment wasn't very technical but I was asked a lot of basic questions (biggest strengths, weaknesses, time where you influenced others, etc.). This appointment ended with us setting up a third meeting where compensation/benefits/work schedule will be addressed (I'm writing this before this last interview). During this whole process I was given a lot of chances to ask questions and I did ask some basic questions about the company culture, how to go about prospecting clients, etc. but i found the whole process to be pretty black and white and grasped what they were communicating to me easily enough.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you overcame adversity?   1 Answer