MetLife Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.7

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Got a call from a recruiter very polite and professional asking for a one-on-one interview which I accepted. The first interview went well and was asked to take the online assessment, which was rather outdated and long and to me seemed somewhat irrevalnt to the position at hand. I declined a second interview based on my acceptance of another job

Interview Questions

Wasnt what I wanted to do

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

It's pretty easy to get an interview. No prior experience necessary. You first have an exploratory interview and then after a background check which takes a few weeks you have a final interview to decide whether you would like the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

two rounds of interviews and a background check by the home office

The amount of signing bonus is negotable

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MetLife.

Called me within days of applying

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at MetLife in March 2011.

The hiring an interview process consisted of approximately 5-6 months worth of Interviews, which boiled down to about 1 session every 2 weeks. There was also a lengthy psychological test which was used for the sole purpose of seeing how a candidates life skills applied to this business. After this, you would work with your interviewer on various projects in the hope of easing into the career, rather than being overwhelmed. Once the interviewer extends you a provisional offer you would then go to corporate HQ and meet with some members of senior leadership (5-8 people) in what is called Selection Committee. You would be asked an array of questions, though I have heard most of them at other interviews. Most would apply to how you would perform under a certain circumstance. Finally, the offer is given and you must earn your Life, Accident & Health Insurance Licenses as well as either your Series 6 or 7 before they officially hire you. You are also required to have an intensive Federal Background and drug test as well as write a business plan.

Since it is a 100% commission job, negotiation is not really needed. We can take of as much time as we please because you are not compensated for vacation or sick days. That being said if you abuse it and you are not doing your job you will lose it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MetLife.

Sent In resume, they called me back for a phone interview. Because I was out of state for the time phone interview was accepted. He/she asked about my background, why I went to the school I selected. Then he asked me what I thought I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me why I choice my minor and what value I thought I could bring from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Latham, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MetLife in December 2010.

The interview process in long and intense. It starts as an initial interview with a manager or HR person to tell you about the job and an initial interview.

After the first interview you have to complete an online test.

After you complete the online test they review the test with you . Then you complete with a manager a set of questions to which you give your best answer.

Then you have a meeting with the district manager. If he approves you are on your way.

You start to take your tests to be certified as a finacial representative. You first have to take Life & health, Series 6 & series 7.

You also have to do 10 initial appointments with manager before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regauring your family and friends. They wanted to know interests to try to identify your target market.   Answer Question
    My initial compensation salary for the first 18 weekes. It was based on prior salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MetLife in September 2009.

Very extensive background and credit check. You are introduced to everyone, and given a brief tour of the facility. You will need to come back several times for the paperwork. It all must be completed prior to hire. Licensing requirements must also be met prior to hire.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There is a set pay scale that all entry level employees are subject to. There is a pay grid once you become more seasoned (it moves you into it fully in 3 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in March 2012.

I attended a career fair in Knoxville, TN and came across one of the MetLife’s recruiters. I talked with the recruiter for a few minutes told her I was interested in wanting to go into the financial service industry. The recruiter then proceeded to tell me some of the opportunities that MetLife had to offer. She asked for my resume and I received a call back from them a week later. The recruiter asked me if I was willing to have a phone interview with one of the local branch managers. After my initial phone interview with a branch manager he asked me to fill out and complete an online application as well as a virtual job tryout simulation. Roughly 2 weeks later I received a call from the recruiter again asking if I would like to schedule a second interview that would be 1:1 with District Manager. Had the interview with the DM, he asked if I would like to continue the process with MetLife and handed me a Due Diligence package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in February 2011.

I made a sales call to an employee of MetLife who told me he liked my approach and attitude during the call and mentioned that he held his P&C license as well. Because I was unhappy with my current position and the call had gone well, I called him after work and asked his advice as to what I should do with my P&C license. We talked for about an hour and he told me to come to his office a few days later for coffee and to discuss this more. As he was a producer, I wasn't expecting an interview, just coffee like he said. When I arrived, he showed me around and introduced me to the sales director, whom I had an unexpected hour and a half interview. The interview went well enough to get called back the next week, as long as I completed the online job application and passed the Virtual Job Tryout, which took about 3 hours total. I did quite well in some areas and not so well in others of the VJT. However the total score was enough to get called back for a second interview, which I thought went well, too. Apparently it didn't, because I waited about 3 weeks and never heard anything back. Honestly, after the second interview, I wasn't too high on the position and it's safe to assume they weren't too high on me. However, I felt it was quite unprofessional to not communicate and let me know they decided to go another direction. I had been interviewing with 2 other companies during this entire time and decided to go with one of the other companies around that 3 week mark. I sent very nice and professional emails to the 2 people I'd met at MetLife and the 2 people I'd met with at the other company I decided not to go with. Within two minutes of hitting send, the 2 people at the 3rd company had replies with a 'congratulations' or 'best of luck' or 'nice meeting you', etc. I still have not heard back from the 2 at MetLife. While it's a minor issue to get hung up on, I feel it reflects very poorly on the character of their employees and doubt I will ever do business with them on account of this interaction. Yes, I am a stubborn person.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any family in the area/How many people do you know here that are in the position to invest with you?   View Answer

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!